Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tourni's

Options
  • 22-02-2004 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭

um........what type of compo's do ye want in the qw tourni/s (CA, Duel, 2on2 etc)?
    Also ye might as well say what kind of ones ye want for CS/Q3 just to keep the thread alive, although I know **** all about gametypes in those.

Post away

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Lan Mariokart races.

With a romantic dinner with Syxpak as the prize.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

hitman2.

see who can finish the highrise bank thing level withthe best stealth rating.

also with a romantic dinner with Syxpak as the prize.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Originally posted by DRakE
    hitman2.

see who can finish the highrise bank thing level withthe best stealth rating.
    yeah, followed by some 1 player quake 3...
    see who can get furthest on nightmare without getting fragged!

Originally posted by tman
    yeah, followed by some 1 player quake 3...
    see who can get furthest on nightmare without getting fragged!

Now your catching on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

I likes it, keep it up! More quake tho :>

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

In keeping with Drake's ideas, a Solitaire championship would really encompass the ideals of our LANing Quake-fathers....

oh oh oh oh how about we reinact the games?!?!? O_o. We could bunny hop around for quake and walk really slowly shouting insults at eachother for cs!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

IT Building Chair Race. Broken bones score double.

Originally posted by quetzal
    We could bunny hop around for quake
    It's been done :)

"OMFG! PUDDLE!"
    and walk really slowly shouting insults at eachother for cs!
    There's enough roaring of insults already :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

Yore ma

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭toxick

BOOO URNS!

bah tournis there GAY!:P if someone good orginses them and dont make a hissy fit when their team loses :P

5v5 - CS
    1v1 - QW

1v1 - Zero Hour...i really want a tourni in this i will sert it up thats how much i want it:P

Originally posted by toxick
    bah tournis there GAY!:P if someone good orginses them and dont make a hissy fit when their team loses :P

fuck off.

Leave alan alone, Myself and syxpak did some research i.e. we read a book where nancy drew goes to the beach and we think this may have been how alan got sand in his vagina.

lol, I'm still up for the reinacting games thing, but I know would like to prioritise Robbo's idea to the top of the list; I can't imagine any scenerio in which an it building chair race wouldn't be great fun. Cs is obvioulsy gonna be team, Toxick should be allowed sert up whatever he wants ;P, QW is actually more fun in teams (not CA), whne they are organised correctly (people know what team they are on, team captains, everyone plays etc.), can't see any of those single player ideas working tbh, although I'm sure most people would enjoy some classic street fighter........ how about some ns? Was looking forward to playing it at gl8 but was in the middle of a duel when John shouted it out, never played it but I'm sure t'would be fun if no-one knows what the **** they're doing.

.........ZEPPELIN RULES! (quote maced from Daniel)

Ns & Ns combat (nsc would be great crack at a lan) has unfortunately gone the way of steam so unless there is a hacked version released or we get net access to get tickets its not looking good.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

one question what is ns and nsc? if i knew what they were i might be aqble find em like i did with counter-strike

Natural Selection and NS:Combat.

hmm il ave a look to see what the russians have done with it.

Originally posted by Caliden
    hmm il ave a look to see what the russians have done with it.
    They've Communised it, I tells ya. There's a red under the bed, and it's not Asok.

• Advertisement

right, i go back from the russians and they tell me i can download beta 3.0 of NS and place it in the counter-strike no steam folder from the no steam download most of us have and it should work

untz

Originally posted by SyxPak
    untz

oh no...... its what we've all feared.

communist russia has gotten to our beloved syxpak.

RUN ROBBO WHILE YOU STILL CAN!!!

all this talk of steam is making my head hurt, somebody hurry u pand become a l33t h4x0r so that we can hack our own versions!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I tried placing DOD in the nosteam folder, placing it in a folder called dod and both didn't work.

i think DoD has its own crackedcversion anyway

note: not condoning the use of cracked software in any way

communist russia has gotten to our beloved syxpak.
    Its the Castro-esque beard I tells ya!

i think DoD has its own crackedcversion anyway

note: not condoning the use of cracked software in any way

I don't see this as "cracking".
    It's returning the code to it's original benefit for it's own good.
    STEAM is a horrible ill-concieved and abortive attempt to excise more money from Net Cafés while incedentially destoying the games for LAN gamers without netaccess (ie pretty much every small lan outside of the states).

Valve seriously dropped the ball on this, and the fact that they haven't even mentioned the possibility of releasing a LAN party ticket server or something is fecking atrocious.

Steam Updates for the coming days
    February 25, 2004, 1:51 pm · Erik Johnson
    There will be a number of significant Steam events in the coming days.

The first will be a long-awaited Steam client release. The highlights from this release will be:

* Offline Play
    * Account validation (via e-mail)
    * A new Half-Life 2 hardware survey
    * Support for purchasing games through Steam

There are a number of other small changes along with the ones listed above, as well as a number of changes planned out past the launch of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero.

http://www.steampowered.com/index.php?area=news

seems like its a possibility.

oh btw i was warned on CS forums for giving links to it and talking about it :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

They said the lan patch would be out in a few weeks in October so i wouldn't hold my breath.

Advertisement