Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tourni's

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Why don't we just stick to the 1.6 cracked vers we used at gl8? It works fine on lans and it would save non cs'ers (like me), from having to patch at the lan.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Ok i got dod working. Needed a program called gcf-scape to extract the contents of the "day of defeat.gcf". It'll work for any other mod aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

aha excellent.

so ns + ns:combat at lan then?

who's up for it?

I am, although I have no idea what the last few posts were about, I suggested ns, then there was talk of Russians, then Steam, then Dod, I mean, wtf?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

like,

omg wtf bs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

H4X¬!!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I've played NS once. I found it very hard to understand. I'll have to do some serious reading on this before I get there...

Desert combat another game I've never played. I guess its on the same lines as BF1942. Isn't there a new mod out or coming out?

How about UT2004? I played it at DK Lan and twas fun...

Underground should be fun :) I've completed it single player, (EASY was my choice of race)

GTA3, I like the multiplayer idea but have never seen it so that should be interesting.

Q3 and Q1, well I'm not the best :( don't think I'll be the worst tho...

Operation flashpoint, I've never played... at the time I was about to play it black hawk down came on the scene and I though that would rock multiplayer!!!

CS Zero hour I've been playing for the past week and I enjoy it. USA laser will be my choice.

Think thats all the games
    Tourni's on CS, Q3, Q1, C&C 1v1 is my though on tourni's Winner takes the loosers PC's! ???

can't wait for this lan, got some bitchin new qw textures hud's, lits and weapon models all ready for it :D

k, what stupid/useless comps are we going to have, there have been several suggestions for gaming ones (Tekken etc), but I prefer the non-computer ones (racing on IT chairs, re-inactiments off games, creating vast ammounts off annoyance to the people not partaking.). More suggestions please, and I'll see what [/edit] I [/edit] John can do :PPP

ok, I'd better'd start doing something. I'm gonna organise some games.

I don't know anything about cs, so I'm not gonna try organising anything for that, BF organises itself, so I'm left with QW and Q3 (what a surprise! :P).

I'll be running a permanent DM qw server if anyone wants to use it.

The games I'll organise are as follows (i'd just like to state again that these are not serious, I'm not trying to be a Madmin.):

QW duel knockout
    a CA knockout (the game we played at gl8)
    a Q3 duel knockout

please sign up here if interested.

I'll start making lists and organising seeds when I get a few names.

I already have good enough interest to have a QW duel knockout, dunno how many you really need for Q3. For everyone who keeps asking, CA is a QW team game in which you spawn with all weapons, unlimited ammo, 200 armour and 250 health, you cannot damage yourself (lots of rocket jumping there be). The two teams fight it out until one person is left standing, the team that person is on wins the round, first team to reach 7 rounds wins.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

David, that's fine.
    If you want, yourself, myself and Cyan can organise the Quake tournaments, and Drake, Anima and myself will run the CS competition.

I'm working on prizes, but haven't exactly a whole lot of time, and I never expected this many people to come along.
    I;m gunning to have some *proper* prizes this time round.
    If all things come right and the heavenly bodies align the winners will be going home with something decent. If Bog decides to take the piss with her angelic minions, we'll see what happens :)

Just a note on the times for this LAN:

On Friday the 26th from 2:30pm to 4:30pm I will be sitting the last of my 3rd year exams, "Microprocessor Systems".
    The LAN is advertised as starting at 5pm.
    This is due to there being a few people in there doing *something* till 5pm.
    The furniture, tables and floormats will already be in the venue.
    At 4:30pm (or earlier, depending on how fast I can complete the paper) I'll be leaving the Aula Maxima and heading straight to the college bar for a pint.
    At 5pm I'll walk the 20m or so into the BOI Theatre and will start setting up the tables. At this time you can all bring in your kit and lend a hand setting stuff up if you want.
    I hope to have the tables, chairs, mats, power cables and switches in place by 5:30pm at the latest at which point I'll start going around putting strips of masking tape with the IP numbers on them on each of the tables.
    I hope to have everyone hooked up to the network by 5:40pm at the latest and gaming by 5:42pm, at which point I'm going to head back into the bar for another pint with my classmates and anyone else who wishes to join me.
    I'm going to book the tables down the back of Massimo's for about 10:30pm and I'll get someone to take those of you who are going down to it, while I stay behind with anyone who's left till 11pm to ensure the place gets locked up all nice and secure like.
    I'll then follow ye down.

I'll try my best to be in the venue at 9am on the Saturday and Sunday mornings, but sometimes shit happens. :)

Dunno what's happening Saturday night.
    I'm planning on getting toasted back in the gaff after these two hard weeks of exams (where I couldn't go out for my birthday or Paddy's Day) before I head off to Dublin for the summer.
    Things will probably start out in a pub somewhere. Probably Blue Note or something.
    Saturday's are busy, but hopefully the norms will still be broke after Paddy's day.

Any questions/comments?

• Advertisement

Originally posted by quetzal
    CA is a QW team game in which you spawn with all weapons, unlimited ammo, 200 armour and 250 health, you cannot damage yourself (lots of rocket jumping there be). The two teams fight it out until one person is left standing, the team that person is on wins the round, first team to reach 7 rounds wins.
    That sounds cool, I'm in. I'm not a Quake player (don't even know how to rocket jump properly) but I'm on for it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 relko

i have only played q3 and ut2004 demo but i will be in the tourni i am not the best and not that bad:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

I'll bring my second comp for a dedicated games server. I've got all the server updates etc for cs 1.6 and offline 1.6 so i'll use this for the tornament.

Grand grand and grand, what are your second comp's specs Raven?
    Sniiipe: are you in for all of them then, or just CA?

It'd probably be better just to run the qw games off my comp as I already have the server files and configs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

i could bring my other older comp if needed

900mhz
    512ram
    win2k
    60gb hdd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

the music in massimos makes asok cry although i probably wont be going out. as for things getting set up on the friday ill be out of clown college at 1 so i could perhaps start getting **** together would have things up and running a bit quicker,i'd just need someone from the college/lan to let me do me thang and tbh give me a hand.

I'll try and be there around 4-4.30 to give yeh a hand with the physical part of setting up.

Ye don't understand.
    I said
    The LAN is advertised as starting at 5pm.
    This is due to there being a few people in there doing *something* till 5pm.

There'll be people in the BOI theatre doing **** till 5pm so we literally can't get in before that.
    They might finish up a bit earlier, but doubtful.

If ye're there at 5pm everything will go swimmingly.

Also, No-one is getting plugged in till I get the money and the signed disclaimer form off them.

I'm going to be anal about that.

Fine Fine don't lose your beard! :D

the 4 cleggan lads will give u a hand setting up what time do u want us to be there at we were planning around 1:30 but i just read that u will not be there till 4:30 so i guess we will be there at around 4:30 :dunno:

• Advertisement

IF ANY OF YOU ARE UP FOR SOME QW OR Q3 MAIL ME AND TELL ME SO THAT Quetzal AND I CAN GET U ON THE TABLE , SO WE CAN SORT MOST OF IT OUT BEFORE THE NIGHT ,LESS HASLE THAT WAY , send me a mail to dagger *&at&* eircom &*dot*& net

{edit} edited to prevent adress-harvesting {/edit}

I meant ask the people from the GMIT, thought you were in there. Everyone from boards already knows about them :)

nope i am not going to collage, i build custom pcs for people,i am at home most of the day i am a great boss:D

Sniiipe: are you in for all of them then, or just CA?
    Yeah, all of em, but if they co-inside with any CS playing I'll not be on for it :ninja: .

I really want to play some C&C generals zero hour. I'm almost thru the China episodes. Fuc!<ing GLA are a bastar!>. (meaning I'm **** at it :dunno: )

they wont be on at the same time as any cs tourni's, but I don't know about cs games, there might be prizes so you should play in the quake tourni's instead :D

Quake is too fast for me! Is there any prize for coming last?
    CS had a trophy @ GL8. Welded and sculpted by an artist... :confused:
    I didn't see the Quake prize(???), but then again I had to leave the last lan well early.:eek:

The CS tourni didn't get past the first round at gl8, so the trophy was awarded instead to the winners of the CA tourni (I think Giblet took it home).

What are people's feelings on ultrabright/custom textures under qw/q3?

Afaik they're frowned upon, are they not?

If no-one has a problem with them, fire ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

Originally posted by SyxPak
    What are people's feelings on ultrabright/custom textures under qw/q3?

its gay.

also, i'm confirming my appearance and partaking in this lan. woohoo i hear you shout, but alas i havent played a proper game of cs in about a month in a half, so maybe even *sigh* Anima could frag me in my depleted skill state*

* :p

• Advertisement

/me trains voice to sing "Drake r teh lose" in soprano....

Advertisement