Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

tourni's

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

I wasn't asking about custom/ultrabright textures, I was asking about models, you see, textures are........scew this, I'll tell you on irc or else just ask Cyan, custom textures will be allowed, it's models that some tourni's ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

:eek: :eek: :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

The young fella is getting fiesty.

no.....it was a simple misunderstanding that I can't be arssed to explain

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

How could models be banned?
    All they do is increase/lower the polycount,
    Textures can make seeing your quarry far far easier if you use a set colour for the map background and have glowing green or yellow models for the other players.
    That's what I don't want to see, as I consider that a highly underhand tactic and, afaik, is generally frowned upon, and really shouldn't be used in a *fun* tourny such as GL.

Again, I iterate - this ain't the CPLs, nor do I ever wish GalwayLAN to become that fucking anally jumped-up.

/disclaimer/ quetzal - I'm not directing any of this at you.
    This is a general statement to everyone.

• Advertisement

That's it, now I'm explaining!

When I say models are banned, this is directly aimed at shaft beams and weapon models (with fuhquake, cl_truelightning 1 and r_drawviewmodel 1), I asked the question because I plan to use both of these, I plan to use the first setting (fakeshaft), as I have gotten used to using it on modem (it helps alot on high ping, the shaft beam sways alot on high ping when you move, on fakeshaft it still technically does, but on your screen it stays straight.) I plan to use the second because it's sooo cool being able to see through your rl or lg.

Textures

Syxpak: in that last post I assume you were reffering to the textures in that screenshot I sent you. I use those textures on dm6 and povdmm4, you have to understand that I play quake 2-3 hours non-stop a day, so I get bored of the default textures, I use completely different textures for other maps (I can send you screenshots of those if you want), I don't use textures to see the enemy better, I don't need to (fullbright skins does that for me :P), I use them to change the mondaying look of qw that I had to look at for hours everyday, I might not even be using those dm6 textures at the lan, I might find ones that look cooler (the DDE3 ones are in consideration), using textures to get the upperhand on your opponent is sad.

The same applies to weapon models, some people do indeed use them to get the upper hand, but if I showed you the ones I'm currently using then I'm sure that you'd agree it actually makes the game harder to play. I use them because I am bored of the default models, but I don't want to stop playing quake.

exeunt

• Registered Users Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

Ch3@T@R!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,628 ✭✭✭Asok

/me declares Shenanigans!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

quetzal change your avatar.

i keep thinking you're ronan raven :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,146 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I havent had that avatar in months now you noobler!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

STILL!

Advertisement