Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sources for Thermalright SLK-900As??

Options
  • 23-02-2004 2:50am
    Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭

I can't find any of these heatsinks anywhere, and I need two :)
    The A's still bolt onto the motherboard don't they?
    I saw them listed on a site where they had the clips instead.
    I don't like clips.

And yes, my mobo will have the 4 mounting holes around the cpu sockets.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 529 ✭✭✭Ebonyks

overclockers.co.uk - it's back ordered though :(

SLK-900A

• Registered Users Posts: 2,754 ✭✭✭Col_Loki

AFAIK the "A" in the SLK900 means its clip on and the "U" means it bolts down.

If your fitting it to a K7D Master you might want to make sure the 900's with the bolt down fit. From what ive been reading the 900u's dont fit. The SLK800's are slightly different and do fit, along with the ALX800. I think the 900's are slightly longer and this is a definete problem when your dealing with the "U" variety as the shorter (800) has to be modded to fit and just barely does.

The SLK800U fits the MSI K7D but just barely you have to nip off a part of each corner due to the fact that the "U" are positioned differently than the "A's".

I would'nt think the 900A should also fit but im not 100%, they are a good bit bigger than the 800's........

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yeah, I was mislead by the image on overclockers.co.uk re: the mountings.
    The 900As will fit on the K7D, I've seen reports of it.
    The 900Us definately won't.
    the 800As will, but like you said, require a few fins from the corner of each to be trimmed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,312 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Advertisement