Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Installing new Floppy Drive

Options
  • 23-02-2004 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭

My floppy drive keeps giving me errors saying "A:\ drive is not accessible" when I put in a floppy - I tried loads of different floppies so I presume thats its completely f*cked!?

Im going to buy a new one - my questions is are they easy enough to install or should I get someone to do it for me? anyone know where to get them cheapest?

One more question... if I can get my hands on one from an old PC - can I just plug it into my PC and will it work? Or do I need to get drivers for it or anything like that?

Thanks for your help - I dont want to buy one if I dont have to.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

its easy enough one from an old pc will work no drivers needed as windows will recognize it
    just look at the way the old one is connected
    2 leads into the back of the floppy one for data the other for power

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Nice one - thanks for the prompt reply Tuxx.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

Your old one is probaly still working, check the cable, make sure the slit end of the cable is connect to the drive and not the other way around. This should work.

Thanks joePC

Advertisement