Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dsl adapter

• 23-02-2004 12:34pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭

i got clicksilver last week and the ******ing pup just ate the adapter thats splits the phoneline/dsl line. he kept fluting around with the cables so i coated em in tabasco sauce, obviously this is his retaliation :(

Anyone know where to get a replacement?? I had a quick look on peats and komplett and cant find anything. Or even the correct name for it?? as opposed the the "dsl filter-adaptery yokey"

failing that, anyone with a wireless network wanna give a pup a good home??
    :mad:

ta

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭joePC

You can get all telephone adapters in B&Q or woodies, hard to believe I know but its true.......

or Harvey Normans should have it....

Thanks joePC.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Or peats.

Make sure to pay extra for a pup proof lead :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

nice one, i might buy half a dozen of 'em , just in case

wonder if they do adapters in crabapple flavour.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭fatherdougalmag

Just plug your modem's DSL cable into his mouth and then another cable from his arse to the phone socket :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Is the splitter something special for DSL, or is it just a standard 1:2 telephone cable splitter?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Is the splitter something special for DSL, or is it just a standard 1:2 telephone cable splitter?

I presume its a microfilter which should be fitted between the phone socket and the phone on any broadband enabled line.

example

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Originally posted by De Rebel

its very special cos it cost me ten lids :confused:

And i cant use the dog as a dsl filter, he's licensed so im already running the telly cable from his swiss :D

now gaze into the sneering face of this evil canine luddite

1cd1.jpg?phwLzOABwpLG0UFy

Advertisement