Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CPL Cologne

Options
  • 05-11-2000 8:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭

Ok well as those of you who are involved know CPL Europe will be taking place from the 8th to the 10th of December.

I'm trying to get all the tickets for flights etc sorted out. I want to book most of the stuff by Wednesday next week so...

Firstly, I need to hear from Koopa and Beast on whether or not you are going. So I know whether or not to get you tickets. Phone me on (01)2303085 or else (01)4960261.

Also Eric if you could give me a ring about your ticket and some other stuff aswell.

If anyone else who either got into the first ten places at the competition or just wants to go to support can you post here to that effect.

Cheers
    N

If the bottom falls out of your world, drink Andrews and the world will fall out of your bottom!!
    nethousegames

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

im going, ill ring you later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

I've got the time off work too and am heading over. Just a question?. I know I need to pay for the flights and accomodation myself but just wondering if someone is booking them as a group or should I go ahead and sort it out myself.

Tom/Jedi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Just to be a wet blanket - Koln will be wetter than England at this time of the year and you'll prolly have trouble getting acomodation too. Plus German universites tend to have fast lans and no restrictions on their use

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

Originally posted by Blitzkrieger:
    Plus German universites tend to have fast lans and no restrictions on their use

sorry but what does that have to do with the cpl?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Ser

ja, ich gehe auf die CPL in Köln

oops, im getting excited already...

ill be going, there is loads of cheep hotels in köln so i doubt that will be a prob, id like to get same plain as everyone elss if possible...

enjoy,

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

Tom and Chris..tis cool yis are coming along too. If you want to give Net House the cash I can try to arrange to get us all booked as a group. Otherwise I will give you all the details of our flights and accomodation etc and you can organise it yourselves.

The accomodation will probably get more and more sparse as time goes by, which is why I want to get this sorted ASAP.

Sam, Eric and Nicky(only if you are going) can you post your EXACT (as in whats on your passport) names here. So that we can book the tickets on-line.
    Jedi and Ser if you want us to book your tickets you need to phone me by tomorrow evening. (01)2303085, 4960261.

The route we will be taking is to fly to Brussels and drive from there to Koln.

The tickets are circa £65 return atm to Brussels. The problem is that the car can only take five people which is why I need to talk to you.

N

If the bottom falls out of your world, drink Andrews and the world will fall out of your bottom!!
    nethousegames

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

I presume you have a ticket for me?

Forgeting momentarily that I wasnt at the qualifier...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Niell,

Ill see you tonight and we'll have a quick chat bout things smile.gif

Sam - Do you need to get a proper visa ?

Bunny - where da hell are you?

Neil,

I'll give you a call tonight. I can have cash into you by this weekend.

Tom/Jedi

• Registered Users Posts: 37 x0n

Good luck lads! May yer rockets be swift and true like a good dose of pox, yer lighting be stiff and powerful like monkey's c0ck and yer hitscan be focused like.. eh

anyway, good luck.

- x0n

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

Tom..will you or any of the other fiends have a mobile that will work over there?

ok I'm going to book the tickets on-line for anyone flying over with us on the 7th December, this Thursday afternoon.

Anyone who wants to go over with us HAS to either send a cheque/Postal Order/ or we can take your credit card number over the phone, to the value of £65 by thurs. Net House wont book the tickets on spec for anyone because the tickets are non refundable.

I ABSOLUTELY HAVE TO HAVE YOUR FULL NAMES TO BOOK THE TICKETS. PLS POST THEM HERE ASAP

The ones that I think I know are:
    (Let me know if this is different than what is on your passport...)

Me (I know my own name!)
    Mindphuck - Eric Mooney
    Koopa - Samresh Singh
    Beast - Nicky Condon (Nicholas ?)Are you going?
    Jedi - Thomas Howlin (The weekend is going to be too late m8...gona need that cash by thurs, call me if there is problem with this.)
    Ser - ???
    Bunny - ?????

nethousegames

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Oi Shadow,
    Put myself and Bunny down.
    Ronan Condon
    David Wilson

We'll ring you to sort out the cash.

good lad.

nice one m8 np...
    smile.gif
    I'll give you a ring l8r on..

nethousegames

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

podgeen and sonic have been added to the list,,,
    YIPEE

Ok so as of now the people going to CPL Cologne....
    Me
    Mindphuck
    Koopa
    Beast
    Jedi
    Zero
    Jay
    Podgeen
    Sonic

Bunny
    Ser

Q -
    Have any of you got full drivers licences and dont mind driving on the wrong side of the road!!??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

and at ludicrosly high speeds...

Left money in nethouse Neil.

Tom/Jedi

PS:Can I ask one simple thing by the way, when we go over to germany, there will be no bull**** brought up about PS/nD/7/OLDSKOOL/NEWSKOOL/PAST GAMES/YOUR A P.rick HES A P.rick ETC. because I'm sick to the teeth of listening to it and just want to enjoy the event. Is that too much to ask?.

[This message has been edited by Jedi (edited 09-11-2000).]

Definitely too much to ask. Send us a signed affidavit saying that you firmly believe PS are a joke and that nD/7/BIO/ACID/FH/IR rock, and there will be no more about it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

i cant ****ing wait for this, bring on these razzies quakers, DEAD!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Aye, best of luck lads.

Give em hell.

smile.gif

Flight Details:

OUTBOUND
    Dublin to Brussels S Charleroi
    Thurs 07/12 Flight FR 42 Departs: 06:55
    Arrives in Carleroi : 09:30

COMING BACK
    Brussels to Dublin
    Mon 11/12 flight FR 47
    Departs Brussels : 17:50
    Arrives Dublin : 18:20

All flights are with Ryanair.
    smile.gif

The Following ppl have had tickets booked on board this flight by Net House.

Eric Mooney
    Samresh Singh
    Nicholas Condon
    Thomas Howlin
    Ronan Condon
    Dave Jeffreys
    Jonathan Deane
    David Lowry

We had originally (when there were only 5 of us going) planned to get a car and drive down to Koln. This was a cheaper alternative than getting the train. With now 12 people going this makes things much more akward.

Even if we can get a minibus (which is proving very difficult) we are still going to need to hire a car aswell.

If we go this route then we need to have two more people with full drivers licences and one of whom MUST have a credit card.

Trains on the continent are apparently aLOT more expensive than here so I need to know what the situation is with the drivers licences.

I will do my best to get everyone there together but at the end of the day I am getting told that Net House are only responsible for getting the 1st and 2nd ppl there.

That said if it is a situation that the train is the only option and it costs like £50 a head it is still a cheaper option than flying direct would have been.

N

nethousegames

Pete (Reaper) is going too, he'll book the flight himself.

Woody you redneck I have been trying to ring you for two days, call me you cúnt

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

Any ideas how long it takes to get a passport? :/

Put 'em in your mouth and suck 'em
    Clan Acid

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Q -
    Have any of you got full drivers licences and dont mind driving on the wrong side of the road!!??

Yeah, but are we getting a train or a big dirty minibus ? smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

Ronan ya mouth you dont need a phone just talk normally.
    I think ive lost my phone.

Ill head over with pete if he isnt to s****y to be flyin over with a bogger

[This message has been edited by Overlord (edited 10-11-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

SIco,
    i got one in less than a week 2 years ago
    it meant having to go to dubling and queue for about 5hours,,,

Originally posted by Overlord:
    Ill head over with pete if he isnt to s****y to be flyin over with a bogger
    [This message has been edited by Overlord (edited 10-11-2000).]

Your home phone is just givin me a bloody fax machine. Are u gonna come to UL this w/e? myself and LJ are heading down tonite. If you're goin to Germany call me.

• Advertisement

I think that you'll find you need a passport Sonic m8.....
    But the good news is that you can send off for one by Post to avoid queing and I think it only takes 10 days to come back (or less if you have flights booked and you need it)

Ask at your local postoffice for further details!!!!

Its alot handier than queing tho, I can tell you.

N

Advertisement