Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Silvestre out for 3 Weeks

• 23-02-2004 2:51pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭

Not good news for united. And ahead of the Porto game.

Full Story

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Defo not, Surely it hands the title to Arsenal if they hadn't already won it.....

O'Shea and Brown at the back?? dont fancy that....

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

it just keeps getting better and better doesnt it!!
    awwww!

utd fans are already blaming the FA for their recent lack of form

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭LoneGunM@n

The Herald are saying that it is likely that Keano will be asked to move into defence as cover!!

I'd prefer not to see Keano moved back because he's too influential in the middle of the park!!

Maybe a better option would be to move G Neville to centre half with O'Shea, P Neville @ right back & Q Fortune @ left back :dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Still can't understand why United didn't invest in a defender during the tranfer window. Its not like they are short of cash is it!

Gandalf.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by gandalf
    Still can't understand why United didn't invest in a defender during the tranfer window. Its not like they are short of cash is it!

Gandalf.

Yeah United are going bankrupt but don't tell anyone.;)

Puzzles me too why they didn't at least go for someone on loan. They were supposed to be monitoring van Buyten with the possibility of making a bid for him in the summer .Obviously he was available for loan and united didn't move for him.
    It doesn't make sense really.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 635 ✭✭✭johnor

Yea, there was talk of them making a move for Southgate, Forlan for Southgate type move....Dunno why a move like that wasn't made, someone who would sure up the back and wouldn't be completely in the cold when Rio returned...Id say fergie was just hoping Brown would have preformed as well as he was before he got injured.

john

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

It's stange alright. I mean they knew that they would most likely be without Ferdinand and now with Neville suspended and Silvestre injurred it makes you wonder why they didn't go for someone like Southgate, who would have cost very little.

it doesnt make sense because utd are a plc who will try and cut corners on the field if they can save a few bucks!

manchester utd play football to make money, it should be the other way around

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Oh that will leave Man U very threadbare in the defence department. Terrible shame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

John O'Shea is now United's no.1 centre half. I'm happy.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

bringing keane back into the defence is a great idea!!! what ever about having a big influence in mid field imo he could bring that influence into the defence and keep them solid!!! imo o shea is great at the back wheres there someone there to give out the orders to him!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭elbow316

I cry for Manchester United's lack of defenders and the poor quality of the ones actually there :(

Its also a great pity that Scholes will be suspended soon, while Gary Neville (A fine attacking right-back) will also miss 3 games :(

Sir Alco ferguson is lovin' it :D

i see the muppet is after changing his sig from
    'win it for me fergie'
    to
    'united till i die'

is all hope lost his year muppet lol??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,003 ✭✭✭✭The Muppet

Originally posted by woosaysdan
    bringing keane back into the defence is a great idea!!! what ever about having a big influence in mid field imo he could bring that influence into the defence and keep them solid!!! imo o shea is great at the back wheres there someone there to give out the orders to him!!!

Yeah and moving Keane back would also give nicky butt the chance to get afew games under his belt and might convince him to stay next season. I don, think it wise to sell a midfielder of his quality and style with keano coming near the end of his career unless fergie has a replacement in mind. I know there was talk of Djemba Diemba being able to fulfill that role but from what I have seen of him it he is not ready yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭Aliminator

I think it's SAF's own fault that he is in this mishap.
    It was his arrogance that 'knew' Rio's ban would be reduced.
    this is what happens. Why not bring back Stam?

can't wait for Champs League. then we'll really see Utd. and Arsenal's mettle.
    premiership teams don't punish Utd. porto will. should be good games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,467 ✭✭✭smemon

keane will almost certainly go back into cb now along with o'shea, with fortune left back and probably phil neville rightback or else fergie will risk a youngster.

had we not got saha, i'd be more pesimistic about winning trophies but with 2 quality goalscorers up front it should hide the weaknesses at the back. fergie didnt buy a defender because we didnt need one, not too many teams can play a recognised defense with 3 regulars missing.

ferdinand, o'shea, silvestre, fortune, keane, g.neville, p.neville, brown. thats 8 players that are/ can play as defenders.fergie knew ferdinand would be out, but he couldnt predict 2 more would be injured/suspended too at the same time.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Damn...

I guess we would be better off with Brown (if playing at all) playing at right full back, and put Gary Neville in the middle. Either that or swap Keane for Brown. There are a number of possibilities.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

Did I hear somewhere that Neville has suspensions to serve and Wes Brown isn't fully match fit yet?

When is their next match against Spurs, would love to see that:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 syngin

Wes Brown has got to be given the bullet at this stage now, he has been disapointing since his return, i know it takes a while to get the fitness back but that did't stop keano, neville and scholes when they came back from long stretches.
    Good to see that ole gunner is back, gives us a few more options rather than putting the muppet forlan on.

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭phenom

Wes Brown has got to be given the bullet at this stage now,

I agree he is not playing that well and i dont think he should play. My choice of defence would be RB-G Neville Cb- O'shea Cb-Keane LB-P neville.

• Advertisement
Advertisement