Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Speaker bind post wall plates

Options
  • 23-02-2004 3:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am in the process of wiring my house for a network and want to take the opportunity to clean up my speaker wiring. I would ideally like to have the wires come out in a binding post / banana plug socket wall plate. For exmaple..

http://www.peats.ie/cgi-bin/shop/db.cgi?view=1&id=4157&type=6&sid=616435x0

This price is not correct - it (or something similar anyway) is available in store for c €15. But even that seems to be a rip-off. Has anyone come across two or four post wall plates at a more reasonable price either retail in Dublin or online?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    Colm

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 derrie

Cheap way is to get a socket blanking plate in an electrical wholesaler for a couple of €'s, get some binding posts for a few more and get a drill.......

Hey presto one ultra-trendy speaker connection plate!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

I'mm 99% sure that an electrical wholesaler will have the plate complete with 4mm banana sockets for less that 5 euro. If you're near Maplins I'd be surprised if dont have what you are looking for, I've searched their website but couldn't find it but try anyway.

The suggestion above is good if you're handy with a drill but use drywall backboxes for the pro finish if your walls are partition type.

If there isn't one near you, you could try here

Tinky

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭hazbot

Or try these: CPC

Browse to "All Products" -> "Audio-Video Equipment and Accessories" -> "Wall Connection Plates".

You can order on that website, but I think it actually ships from an Irish depot somewhere (cheap shipping)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

Thanks to everyone for their replies - most helpful. I did contemplate the blank plate and drill but couldn't get my head around how good (or bad!) the finished product would look.

I found this site this morning..

http://www.keene.co.uk/system/keene.htm

where they had 4 post plates for £3.99. Got a total of 4 for €33 delivered which is cool.

Only just saw the CPC post - the site has great prices but for my small amount of stuff the shipping and handling wacks it up to almost exactly the same as keene so my haste hasn't cost me too much.

Thanks for taking the time to help me.

Cheers,
    Colm

Advertisement