Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dispand the scout movement

Options
  • 23-02-2004 4:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I don’t know if everyone on this board has been following the sour events regarding the 2 separate scout movements in the two countries on this Island.

Tragically they recently joined together and someone should point out this unholy alliance. The new movement should be disbanded immediately !!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭vorbis

whats wrong with them joining together?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I smell a troll.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 GeorgeBush

whats wrong with them joining together?

Everything, they are from two seperate countries denoted by the INERNATIONAL BOUNDARY! ¬¬ Childern at this young age shouldnt be brainwashed by such an organisation.
    I smell a troll.
    ??

The way this has been spun in the media is a complete discrace to this country. Its like the 'Clean hands' of the Mafia in Italy. !!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Everything, they are from two seperate countries denoted by the INERNATIONAL BOUNDARY!

what the hell are you talking about? the headquarters of both organisations were in the republic a long time before any rumours of them coming together.

And brainwashed? what exactly do you believe them to be telling the children?

This thread is a complete waste of space. Hopefully a mod will do it the justice it deserves.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Originally posted by Kali
    This thread is a complete waste of space.[/quote

Such a waste that you felt obliged to post to it??? Bit of a contradiction there.
    Hopefully a mod will do it the justice it deserves.

If you don't want to discuss the topic then don't post to it. It will drop off your screen real quick that way, and the mods won't have to do anything.

Enough of you have already shown a willingness to actually post replies that I don't think there's a good reason to shut the thread down yet.

jc

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Indeed. What constitutes Scouting Ireland now was first created back when Ireland was part of the United Kingdom. CBSI and SAI existed in both Northern Ireland and the Republic before and after it declared independence.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,109 ✭✭✭De Rebel

Facts

SAI was a 26 county organisation, from 1949 to 31/12/2003 Its predecessor, the BSI, was a branch of the UK organisation prior to the declaration of the republic in 1949. SAI never was a 32 county organisation.

CSI (formerly CBSI) was a 32 county organisation, from 1927 to 31/12/2003

The above merged on 01/01/2004 to become Scouting Ireland

There exists a third entity, the NISC (The Northern Ireland Scout Council) which is a 6 county organisation only. It is a integral part of the UK Scout Association. It continues to exist. See www.scoutsni.com

The current situation is as follows: (From www.scouts.ie) "Scouting Ireland has over 40,000 members across Ireland, including Northern Ireland where Scouting Ireland works in partnership with the Scout Association Northern Ireland, a part of the United Kingdom Scout Association."

I find it very difficult to understand the rational of GeorgeBush's incoherent rant. I assume that its a troll.

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Can we speelcheck the title?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 willywanka

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH:D :D:D whose word wor well weck

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 252 ✭✭BattleBoar

Originally posted by Victor

Now, now, he's just following the english skills lead of his namesake ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

allthough im irish i grew up in london and went to the cub scouts, scouts and venture scouts before we moved home. I dunno bout their irish equivelents but i cant think of a better organisation to have your kids enjoy a night a week or every weekend. The stuff they teach you, not just about knots, campfires and the other crap but about teamwork, respect, challanging yourself and discipline, in my opinion, help you to go on and be a decent person. Not that im saying that kids who dont go to scouts dont turn out good, just for me it was a great experiance. Some of my best childhood memories are from the scouts. Sailing, canoeing, camping, building fires (WHO DOESNT WANT TO PLAY WITH FIRE WHEN THEY'RE A KID!!!), orienteering, soccer, rugby, motorbike racing, quasar etc etc etc. They're a great organisation in my opninion staffed by good people who give a lot of their free time to help kids better themselves and in my opinion they dont deserve any flaming whatsoever.

Having said all that i dunno a thing abou the SAI or whatever its over here but they're ya go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phew, that was a big rant.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭kanurocks

oh for god sakes!these groups are to help children develop interpesonal skills and make friends and tie knots.Not once was i witness to any separatist or sectarian influence when i was in the boyscouts .To think otherwise would be ludacrist .Furthur moe if the two organisations want to look beyond these stupid problems that stop children of different nationality or religion associating i say well done.Its a more utopian and mature attitude and will have the same affect as social inclusion.Hopefully in another few decades there will be no need for threads like this.

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

the scouts were great, this thread is really silly:confused:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement