Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SQL Enterprise Manager - free equivalent?

Options
  • 23-02-2004 4:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

Anyone know a free sql management tool simliar to enterprise manager that is free?

Thanks!
    Tom

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

• Registered Users Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Cheers man,

But are there any desktop apps?

Thanks
    Tom

• Registered Users Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭mneylon

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

I thought the client tools were free.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

They are:

You can obtain Enterprise Manager by downloading MSDE (Microsoft Data Engine) from http://msdn.microsoft.com/vstudio/msde/default.asp

• Advertisement

Thanks guys.

Steve - enterprise manager with the MSDE dowload, I didn't see that there, am I missing something?

The reason I am looking for an enterpirse manager equivalent is because I have already been running MSDE but wanted away to access it!

The aquafold one seems good, I just can't get into edit user privileges etc.
    thanks again
    Tom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Zaltais

I was trying to do exactly this only last week - used the MSDE manager for a bit (7 day trial - http://www.valesoftware.com/indexmsde.htm) in the end I downloaded the Evaluation version of SQL server 2000 and the client tools (i.e. Enterprise Manager) work fine with the MSDE. There's a 120 day limit on using the software, but I don't know for sure if that applies to the server only or to the client tools too.

That said, you could do worse than paying €50 odd for the developer edition of SQL Server 2000.

Downloading aquafold now - I'll let you know how it goes with the MSDE!

Cheers,

Zaltais

Originally posted by Zaltais
    That said, you could do worse than paying €50 odd for the developer edition of SQL Server 2000.

Be jaysus is that all????? I guess that makes more sense! Thanks man

The evaulation version, used this before - I know that the tools don't expire, just the DB - But I'm not sure what the license agreement is for its use after the 120 days

Tom

Advertisement