Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trolling...

Options
2»

Comments

I dunno, but the way i see it is that this is pretty much their board, and by posting here we accept their rules. Might be unfair, but don't rock the boat, unless you're capable of facing the consequences.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Thats pretty oppressive !!!

No its not, he stated something was "FACT" (in capitals no less) and was asked to back up his claim that it was indeed "FACT" by providing links to examples or to remove the claim.

Then he got all shirty with the moderator and has been banned for a week. Simple.

emmaisbornfree: Ecksor is an admin. Its not wise to tell admins to "mind their own business" when in fact this IS our business (literally) and Ecksor is minding it.
    I havent kicked you off the site cos I presume you thought he was just a regular joe.

I'd also like to welcome the latest round of sign up from that BBS and I've no qualms about naming them in a site wide announcement if they start some kind of malicious invasion of our site. I highly recommend you let this drop and agree to disagree... or just agree to shag off...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Originally posted by thesecret7
    Well what I read was that action would be taken if I didnt conform. This coming from the so called "moderator" who is seemly making little of other people and making numerous insults. Its a case of do what I say and not what I do!!

Im going to have to go trolling to get the required information. I dont know if I have the time to waste today....

On the contrary, I'd put that kind of post firmly in the "asking for it" category. If he really thinks backing up his supposed facts with evidence is a "waste of time", he's on the wrong Board.

Its really about time I got around to making that "Help help I'm being opressed!" Gathering card that I've been thinking about so much lately...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭thejollyrodger

Thats pretty oppressive !!!

I just want to put on the Record that at no time did I post the above, it was not my setiments and I had no part in posting. I have recently changed my password on this open access computer and agree totally with DeVore! the secret 7 should be immediately BANNED from this board forever!

I am going to conduct my own personal investigation to get to the heart of this malicaous attack on my credibility!

This is nothing but a pathetic attempt to stir up trouble! At no time was sparky (i presume) ever resort to trolling and I have nothing but the blindest support for the magificant job the moderators are doing on this board, keeping low lifes like the secret 7 off this board!

emmaisbornfree you should mind your own business and stop telling the moderators what to do. You should count yourself lucky that similar action wasnt taken against you and should immediately appologise for your reckless comments.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

Ok, WTF is going on? Either this is a wild attempt at "Fr. Jessop" style sarcasm, or the truth. Damned if I know though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

I think this topic is no longer serving any useful purpose....so I'm closing it.

I would recommend that if anyone wants to seriously discuss trolling, they take it to a more general forum like Feedback or the Admin forum.

jc

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement