Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what kind of mouse do you have?

• 23-02-2004 6:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭

hey, mouse is one of the most important parts of the computer and it's like a pen! and i love good and simple pens! especially parkers!

so what mice do you have?

I've got MX500 - nice but, i don't like the coloring, MX700 - NICE!, and an old Logitech M-S48a it's the best 3 button mouse that I have ever used!

the biggest thing i don't like about logitech mice is their software! their buttons cannot be configured to have different commands with different apps, like for example 2 buttons for going back/forward in IE could be save and open in some other application like MS Office, I think MS intelli mice have that option(not sure though) but here no! once you config it to go forward and back in IE it will be same in every app! was it to hard for logitech to integrate this feature in their mouseware?

another complaint! what did lefties do not to deserve MX500 or 700? but that problem is almost gone! i got used to using it with the right hand

thinking about getting TerraTec Mystify Razer Boomslang 2100 or MX310

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

optical logitech mouse. nothing special cept for the ifeel technology in it.

MS optical laptop mouse. tiny fucking mouse!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

a cheap & nasty labtec optical jobby...

still far superior to any balled mouse that i've used.
    drool

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Microsoft Optical Bluetooth mouse.

I have to say it is one of the best mice I have ever used and it's wire free. Don't like the fact that there is no on/off switch, though. When I open the laptop bag, I see this eerie red glow coming from inside....

:eek:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Logitech cordless ball mouse. When I get a new mouse it's going to definately be optical, mainly to stop the ball jumping around when changing the directions of the mouse when playing games etc.
    I prefer smaller mice though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Microsoft Intellimouse Optical .. at home and in the office.. they really are a great mouse for the price, and have never had problems with either.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

microsoft explorer 3.0

nice, comfortable mouse, probably not as good as the high-end logitechs though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,483 ✭✭✭Töpher

mx500

fantabulous! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭strat

mx 500 and MS v4 with the '3d' wheel
    il prolly switch to the ms, really nice curves :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

MX500

I really quite like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 251 ✭✭atheist

My KVM's at two locations have Logitech MS35 mouses/mice(s) :confused: in different OEM flavours, a similar Genius PS/2 3 button at a third and no-name USB mouse in my laptop bag. I rarely use the Genus tablet, except for giving directions.

All these are 3 button. I use FlashPeak Slimbrowser front-end to IE on Windows, where the middle button usefully opens the link in a new tab. Also essential for working in XWindows.

The fun starts when visiting other peoples PCs where invariably the rollers are covered by gunk similar to dirt under fingernails. Some people think there is supposed to be what looks like a rubber around the plastic roller. If you only partially clean this, it makes mouse movement even more erratic.

It looks like Logitech win for long life. I have an old BusMouse still going strong.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,148 ✭✭✭angelofdeath

microsoft wheel mouse optical, cheap, does the job

ps_wmo.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 231 ✭✭walter

optical logitech mouse

and i am a logitech fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,150 ✭✭✭dazberry

3 OEM 4 (+wheel) button optical mice - all the same except 2 are gray/gray and one is blue/gray. Couldn't play Wolf/ET without the extra buttons anymore :D. 1x MS Intelli-mouse (ball) - I hate having to use it now, and an original MS mouse (1989ish) on the server downstairs still going strong.

D.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Logitech Mouseman Dual Optical on USB.

They don't make them anymore.

The brother has an MX500 and I don't like it.
    Too many stupid little buttons.

KEYBOARD SHORTCUTS TBH

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Originally posted by SyxPak
    Logitech Mouseman Dual Optical on USB.
    Same, but I run mine on PS2 for higher 200hz sampling.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Microsot Optical Wheely Mouse thing.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Typhoon (Lidl brand) optical cordless mouse with charging bay. It's pretty good, though the next mouse I buy won't be cordless! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

I've got the daddy, a Logitech MX700. And I love it dearly. Once you get used to it, its hard to go without. It's nicely heavy, which takes a bit of getting used to, but once you do, it's great, because it makes it easier to use higher sensitivities. The 800DPI is fantastic, its very easy to make precision movements. And there's no skipping when you move it quickly.

The wireless is handier than I could have imagined. You get used to just moving the mouse about a lot on the desk, using it on your knees or whatever. You can also throw it at people, and its quite sturdy, and hurts too. Only done that once though.

The batteries are quite good, they'll do 2 or 3 days without a charge, and the recharge time is about 3 hours, but you can use it after about 30 mins of charging from empty and it'll go for a day. The low battery light comes on about 4 hours before it runs out. It's totally lagless too, unlike the MS mice. As far as lag goes, it might as well be corded, I've never noticed the difference. Its got about 3 metres range and it will work on every surface I've tried except a plate mirror.

The base stations great too, although the connection to the PC is a bit clunky, you'd want to have a decent amount of space beside your USB port. And it won't connect to a hub either :(

There's 8 buttons, mostly well positioned except the 8th, at the bottom middle, it just gets in the way. Otherwise they're great, particularly the cruise control, which is jsut stupidly useful.

Also, if you're righthanded, it just feels so right,

Hope this helps you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

cruise control? no way man!

it's the only feature that keeps me off mouseware!

here's what's the problem:

before you install the mouseware, 2 cruise control buttons act as a scroll, when you install mouseware those 2 buttons get the cruise control feature and when you click them arrows appear(2 arrows down, 2 - up) as you have probably noticed, now when you move your pointer off the document window even though the focus is on that window and click cruise up or down button it won't move! which means you always have to have your pointer on the document you want to cruise on, that's ok with documents cause they are probably fullscreen but with ACDSee it's a headache! cause every image is different size and you always have to move the pointer to be over that image! *forgot* and since it's cruise control, it always "runs away" from you when you scroll images, you click it and it will scroll through 2 or 3 images before it stops

I tryed to install mouseware and then delete the keys from the registry to disable cruise control and make those 2 buttons acts as a scroll again but doesn't work :( once you restart it still has that cruise control! the only way to get rid of it is unistall but then you lose 2 button(app switch)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

I've got an mx900. Amazing mouse. Use it at home om my windows machine and when I'm leaveing i just take it with me to use on my powerbook. Few things getting to me tho.

After switching from a MS mouse i find the lack of app depandant custom buttons really annoying. The cruise control is a great feature, and it works perfect on the mac but in windows its way too fast to be useful. I've had a look around in the logitech software but all I can find is scroll speed. 1 line, 3 lines etc. But the wheel is already at the perfect speed. Is there a way I can change the cruise speed only?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,754 ✭✭✭Big Chief

i use the mx310 and i can fully recommend it, only bought it a couple of weeks ago and its been great so far.. not as bulky as some of the newer mouses aswell (found the mx500 was just to big.. same as alot of those intelli explorer mouses so went with the mx310 out of comfort value..)

"Is there a way I can change the cruise speed only?"

No! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,711 ✭✭✭Dr. Dre

Microsoft wireless desktop elite
    sweeet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭daveJAM

Originally posted by CyberGhost
    "Is there a way I can change the cruise speed only?"

No! :(

Well that sucks! I've used it an mx500 and mx700 and its fine. Its also fine on my mx900 when using the mac. But it just seems so rediculously fast in Windows. Really wierd! Thanks for your help anyway.

yep, sucks!

like I said previously
    it always "runs away" from you when you scroll images, you click it and it will scroll through 2 or 3 images before it stops

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,311 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Fujitsu branded, balled Logitech mouse on main machine
    Ancient one button Apple mouse on mac
    Assorted Mk1/Mk2 serial and PS/2 Microsoft mice for laptops

A mouse is something you use until you spill tea on it.. why spend lots?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Originally posted by Robbo
    Same, but I run mine on PS2 for higher 200hz sampling.

USB run at 48Mhz and the mouse can pump out more data than the PS/2 port can handle - apparetly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

Microsoft Intellimouse Optical 3.0 and a nice IceMat. Does the job. Would like the MX900 but I can't justify the expense yet although its the bizz!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭Spunog UIE

Originally posted by Civilian_Target
    The wireless is handier than I could have imagined. You get used to just moving the mouse about a lot on the desk, using it on your knees or whatever. You can also throw it at people, and its quite sturdy, and hurts too. Only done that once though.

lol, can jus see it. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,984 ✭✭✭Venom

Iv been using a Terratec Razor Boomslang 2100 the last 6 months :)
    Kick ass mouse and then some.

Advertisement