Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Simpsons, Futurama, Family Guy Box Sets from £10.99

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

can anyone confirm the content of these??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

They seem to be exactly the same as the normal boxsets as regards features. Just click on them and compare. For example :

http://www.playserver5.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=158864

Simpsons Series 3
    4 Discs
    Audio commentary for each episode
    'When Flanders Failed' pop-up
    'Flaming Moe's' pop-up
    'Colonel Homer' pop-up
    'Radio Bart' pop-up
    Baby translator
    Simpsons character poster
    Storyboards and sketches
    Audio outtakes
    Jukebox feature
    Interactive menu
    Chapter selection

Futurama Series 4
    4 discs
    Audio commentary for each episode
    Deleted scenes
    Gallery for ‘Kif Gets Knocked Up A Notch’ episode
    International clip from ‘Love & Rocket’ episode
    Animatic for ‘Obsoletely Fabulous’ episode
    11 segments of 3D models from rough drafts
    Stills gallery: new character artwork
    Easter Eggs (hidden features)
    Pencil test segments
    Interactive menu
    Chapter selection

I can only guess that the packaging might be different which is fine for me with a 60% discount :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,582 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

promotional simpsons season 3

Ordinary simpsons season 3

the only difference to me looks like the price.

but they won't ship the promotional ones to you til the end of next month.

i will ring them about this tomorrow as i was in to buying them luckily i saw this thread and i've decided to think twice well until i ring them that is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

http://www11.cd-wow.com/detail_results_2.php?product_code=9529

Just to let you know how much of a bargain this is, cdwow have the entire series for £43.99. The total for play.com comes to £32.97 :D

Free delivery with both play and cdwow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

i was gonna get simpsons 3 and start getting futurama, but now ill wait to see the results of these.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭DiscoStu

they are probably buying in a **** load at a huge discount. that would explain the delay in shiping and the knock down price. what ever the reason is i dont care, you dont say no to every episode of family guy for 50 euro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Play.com are also doing the Family Guy - Compendium Box Set Season 1 -3 found here:

http://www.playserver5.com/play247.asp?page=title&r=R2&title=128449&p=76&c=&g=127

which also has an extra bonus disc in it.

It only works out as an extra €7 for this version than buying seperatly.

Has anyone got this? Is this disc just all the extras on one disc instead of spread across the three?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by cosgrove80
    Has anyone got this? Is this disc just all the extras on one disc instead of spread across the three?
    That's exactly what it is. The extra disc has some of the same episodes (14 of them IIRC) with director's commentary, some "internet promos" and a few other forgettable items.

Not worth getting if you have the three seasons already but if you're getting the show from scratch you may as well get this one. Season 3 comes in a nicer smaller box as well (on its own it comes in three single cases in a cardboard box, this is much nicer).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭cosgrove80

Thanks for the info. Always meant to pick up Family Guy. Maybe nows the time

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭bobk

Generally a lot of promotional copies don't tend to have any packaging.

However, I guess as long as "this copy is for promotional purposes only, do not distribute" does not violate the bottom of the screen then it's a great price.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,135 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Well, that would be illegal, so hopefully not!

i just called them about it

the very helpful person at the line answered my questions very well.

1. he said that some special features will be different (missing) from these compared to the retail boxsets. he gave me an example futurama boxset 4 (i think it was 4) has no trailer for the series as a special price where as the retail one does.

2. he said they have all the same episodes as the original. (well i'd hope so)

3. he couldn't be spefific on the packaging though, but he said that he would think that it will be no frills packaging basically meaning they won't come with the fancy boxes you get with retail sets.

4. he also said that the friends DVD promotional ones might be double sided to accomodate the larger episodes but he couldn't confirm if this was the same for the rest like family guy simpsons and futurama.

taken that into account they still don't sound too bad and for a saving of 60% i will still get them.

going to check my funds to night to see if i can get family guy 1 2 3 and simpsons 3 the rest i have already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 694 ✭✭✭Zoton

So there's no additional episodes on the bonus disc of family guy then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭BigEejit

How many episodes of family guy are there in total?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Ordered. That's the job. <3 family guy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Did anybody find out if there is any text about it being a promotional box set going accross the screen? I want to order all of them but any text like that would really piss me off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,894 ✭✭✭Mr. Fancypants

I know some people on the dvdforums were talking to the sales guys and they were told that the boxsets will be exactly the same as the current ones but at a Promotional price. There are a couple of other websites doing similar deals so it may just be a promotion by Fox on these boxsets at the end of this month.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 378 ✭✭wiped

Ordered Season 4 of Futurama this morning ... at £15.99 I don't care what extras are with it or not ... I just want the episodes

Futurama??? Pffft!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

Originally posted by Kold
    Futurama??? Pffft!
    0_o Pfft!! Family G... Well, so much for a retort 'cos that's great too :p

It is what it's.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

i ordered family guy s1 and futurama s1..along with a load of other non promo discs

maybe if i get the funds between now and the end of the promotion, i might get the rest of family guy/futurama

such great prices :D

any1 got any of these yet?

what is the packaging like?

Yeah, I ordered them at least two weeks ago thinking they were out dammit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

Has anyone received their copies of these dvds yet? Mine shipped on friday but i've received nothing as of yet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭davej

Perhaps the postal problems are effecting your delivery?

davej

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,563 ✭✭✭savemejebus

yeah, i thought that but i'm not near dublin, i'm not too concerned, just wanted to know if anyone else had gotten their discs and also if they had found out what the difference between the promotional and regular sets were

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

All international post goes through Dublin so dont expect to see those dvds anytime soon :(

ffs lazy an post cocks. i want my family guy

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭palance

simpsons series 3 arrived in the post today, collectors edition, all the extras seem to be there. great bargain :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭snickerpuss

Ive been getting international post really fast and i live in in dublin, so it shouldnt be a problem.

Advertisement