Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lan probs!!!

Options
  • 08-11-2000 8:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

My lan with my mates computer suddenly stopped working. It's a wierd thing cuz we can still reads each others' computer and swap files etc. Boot up q3 one creates server and the other still reads what map and such is available on the lan. But try and join, the pointer comes up and the game freezes. I'ts not a config prob cuz we tried it with the demo version and still the exact same problem. I know that if I reformat my drive it'll probably fix the problem but I'd rather skip that and find out what's wrong. So if any1 knows the solution I'd be gratefull for some input. Thx.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭Gerry

In network properties, remove the tcp/ip protocol, reinstall it, making sure the files are copied from the cdrom, not the hard drive. Then in tcp/ip properties, assign each computer an ip address in the range 192.168.100.something and a subnet mask of 255.255.255.0

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

we had this Problem down in LUDO too. Took about 5 mins to join a game.
    It would just freeze up when u clicked fight. Once u where in tho it was sub 10 pings all the way smile.gif

Narf!
    Clan Acid
    Clan Bio

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

The problem you are experienceing is because you have your pc trying to dial the net when you try and connect to the game.

Go into control panel/internet options/ Connections - Click - Never Dial A Connection.

Your problem should go away!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭Da Bounca

dont bother with quake,just play starcraft :P

The supreme irony of life is that no one gets out of it alive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 Boa

Thx to all who replied and esp to MIndphuck.......problem eliminated! smile.gif)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

...or when you see the server in quake3 just hit escape (short term solution..but quake should remember that you dont want to dial up for future LAN conns).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

what he means is - THX ALL! THX MP! NPS! smile.gif

Advertisement