Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

summer job CORK

• 23-02-2004 7:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hey!

Anyone know a good job for me to do for a few weeks around july/august in Cork? I'm studying Tourism Managment in Holland at the moment and I would like to do something in this sector. Like a tour guide or working in a hotel. Anyone got some good ideas or companies that would be interested in a Dutch fluent speaking girl? I really hope some-one posts a tip here!

Off-topic: Has Ireland got any other forums (bulletin boards)? I can't seem to find any....

Love Shelena

Sorry posting this here but I did think it suited Cork thread! Thn
    :D

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Originally posted by sheleentje
    Hey!

Anyone know a good job for me to do for a few weeks around june in Cork? I'm studying Tourism Managment in Holland at the moment and I would like to do something in this sector. Like a tour guide or working in a hotel. Anyone got some good ideas or companies that would be interested in a Dutch fluent speaking girl? I really hope some-one posts a tip here!

List of hotels

www.jurysdoyle.com/ireland/jury's_hotel_cork.htm
    www.rochestownpark.com/
    www.thevictoriahotel.com/
    www.imperialhotel.ie/
    www.carrigcourt.com/

Hotels are always looking for people to work, send in CV's to all the above hotels and you should have no difficulty finding work.

Off-topic: Has Ireland got any other forums (bulletin boards)? I can't seem to find any....

*cough*

No.

Love Shelena

Sorry posting this here but I did think it suited Cork thread! Thn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Get a job in the Web Workhouse.... and give me free time. But it's p1ss easy work, free pizzas and i think it pays fairly comfortably. But you gotta gimme free time

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

You wouldnt happen to know Petra Linders would ya? Cause if you did that would just be weird.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 sheleentje

just replying to the above post:

NO I don't know her. Would be weird seeing holland has 16 million ppl.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Shes doing Tourism mangagement too and is also a big fan of Ireland. Just thought ide check. Different colleges I suppose.

• Advertisement

Originally posted by Raskolnikov
    List of hotels

www.jurysdoyle.com/ireland/jury's_hotel_cork.htm
    www.rochestownpark.com/
    www.thevictoriahotel.com/
    www.imperialhotel.ie/
    www.carrigcourt.com/

Hotels are always looking for people to work, send in CV's to all the above hotels and you should have no difficulty finding work.

Tnx for the info.....anyone else suggestions besides working in a hotel?:confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Tnx for the info.....anyone else suggestions besides working in a hotel?:confused:

Well you did ask for hotel related jobs as you're doing tourism in college!
    TBH the only other jobs you could go for in cork using Dutch would be call centre stuff, i think.

Don't get me wrong, hotels are great as well, but I'm ALSO looking for unusual things! ;)

Dunno bout call centres though...(what companies are we thinking of?) I was thinking more in the direction of dealing with Dutch tourists for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭pro_gnostic_8

Richmond Recruitment are seeking fluent Dutch speakers for Technical SUpport. Email application to "corkjobs@richmond.ie". The same agency have four or five vacancies for Travel Consultants. See their site at www.richmond.ie

Siemens (Cork) are also recruiting Customer Support Agents fluent in Dutch. Sorry, I don't have the email addy for this but if you try "careers.irl@siemens.com" I am sure they will help.

Finally, no need to tell a prospective employer at interview that you are only available for short-term (July/August) work. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

If you can get in contact with a guy called Des Bishop then he will sort you out, he seems to know all about summer type low paid jobs :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Originally posted by Kold
    Get a job in the Web Workhouse.... and give me free time. But it's p1ss easy work, free pizzas and i think it pays fairly comfortably. But you gotta gimme free time

Who's running that place now? If its still the same guy I'd take a seriously wide berth of it. The man reminds me of Mr. Burns on magic mushrooms...

(Back in the day it paid peanuts... which may explain why the place was staffed solely with monkeys)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

David Hailpín, but nowadays I'm fairly sure it's run by hassan, small, friendly moroccan

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Dave Halpin that used to run Halpins Restaurant? If so, I think the discussion should end there! :)

Web Workhouse's website is /awful/.

adam

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Dave Halpin that currently runs (unless he sold up in the last few years) Eco in Douglas.

WWH is currently being run by someone friendly? Jesus, what a change... That'd be like if Cuba suddenly became a democracy.

Originally posted by comet
    If you can get in contact with a guy called Des Bishop then he will sort you out, he seems to know all about summer type low paid jobs :)
    You wouldn't have his email so I could contact him?

apologies, I was joking, this guy is a comedian who made a TV series here working in low paid jobs...good show btw. Not sure on the jobs front, i presume if people come on holidays here they'll want an irish tour guide, unless they are dutch in which case I would say look for that job in holland bringing tourists here. You will face a lot of competition from students here off for the summer who will be looking for summer jobs too but there should be still enough work to go around. You could try contacting FAS , the employment autority to see can they help you.

Off-topic: Has Ireland got any other forums (bulletin boards)? I can't seem to find any........

http://www.feckthat.com

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

i applied to work in the web work house twice but heard nothing of it again
    im a good worker id hire me anyway! :p

ill tell ya what though there are a couple of **** who work in web exchange down the road on oliver plunket street
    handed in an application form to them last summer and the guy behind looked like a real wanker in the way he acted towards me, and the same too in (dont know if i should say it in case he is on boards) but basically clueless and charges around double the going rate for any bit of hardware for a pc

once asked for if they had ethernet modem for a dsl and the guy looked at me blankly and said you cant get them and then went on a rant why usb is better that lasted for 2 minutes and only made sense to him, then tried to flog me one
    i politely refused and called him a wanker as soon as i steped out side

anyway thats my rant over

as for jobs well
    http://www.nixers.com
    may have something that is right up your street
    good for part time work too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

Ha ha ha I know him. I'll give you his email address.....actually maybe I should post it on here so everyone can go and piss him off...do you want his phone number too?....muwahahahaha....nah I wouldn't do that.....well I might if he pisses me off....:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 anastasialc

www.easyrecruit.ie

were so helpful and they found me a job!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 anastasialc

http://www.easyrecruit.ie/

were so helpful and they found me a job!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement