Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MMORPG's to invade FPS

Options
  • 07-11-2000 2:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭

Planetside

New game coming out which is boasting to be the first Massive Multiplayer Online First person shooter (MMOFPS). Although it's only 3000 to a server and 400 to a zone so it's pretty small.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Looks good

• Registered Users Posts: 897 ✭✭✭Greenbean

Looks fun, I wish the interviewer had nailed him with how many people could be simultaneously on-screen at a time; like what do you do when 40 people gang up and go on a hunt?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭TOWN

Do think we will ever have to pay for on line gaming??

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

You will probably have to pay for this (Made by the same people who make Everquest, so $ 10 a month).

As to how many people can be on screen at one time I would guess if it's 400 to a zone, then the max would be 400.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

surely there's a more relevant board for posts such as these?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Vincent

Surely u're fps will be gah with 400 ppl's on screen at once, and surely no hpb could play with having to receive information from 400 ppl's smile.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

yea Damo we could move it to the games board if you like, just seeing as this is the main FPS board I thought it was a bit more apt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Damo could have a point by it being on a different board, but then again, we would have to make up a complete board called 'MOANERS' to put everything damo posts into it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Problem is there are to many boards now, most ppl only read about 2 or three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

Hobbz: you seem a bit defensive there, so total soz if you took offence, but i feel compelled to speak out when i see drivel such as this posted to the quake board

MP: perhaps a board named 'UBER-TROLLZ' would be more appropriate!! HEHE wink.gifwink.gif

non-creative-person: fu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 451 ✭✭creative

and a board for sarcasm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

i think this topic should be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

I think your ma should be closed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,825 ✭✭✭Gambler

HeHe, I had a mad Q2 Lan the other night and thought I would check out the Quake board and see what I was missing. I didn't realise what fun I was missing on the other boards smile.gif

/me must remember to look around them more often... :-)

For all your Gaming Needs:
    Netshop Games

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

moderators please.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

Originally posted by Rev Hellfire:
    Problem is there are to many boards now, most ppl only read about 2 or three.

Yeah great point, Rev. Great point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Well that put me in my place! If the pillar of the community that is Vorosha has spoken who am I to disagree.

More boards, please, lots more.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Andy

I am nothing if not surrounded.

Your masochistic tendancies baffle me, Rev. Baffle me.

I think that MMORPG looks a little too like Bungie's HALO for comfort. Know what I mean doods?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement