Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are there any footballers here?

• 23-02-2004 9:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭

Obviously there are a lot of supporters of football here, so are the any people playing for local clubs or anything?Sunday/Saturday Leagues and the like?

For myself, i play in Mount Merrion, in Goal.

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

One of these days i'll get myself into better shape and start playing again!

Used to play for Mount Merrion when I was a kid. Went back to trial for them in my mid teens, got invited back to a second trial after a sensational performance :p + a goal on the right wing but ended up having to play in fking goal with my trial team who were hopeless and as a result that was that. Oh well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

haha
    i hate the way goalkeeper is overlooked.(not so much anymore) In my own (biased) opinion, goalkeeper is the most pressured position on the pitch.One little mistake and thats it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

Playing for Crusaders in Waterford. I'll be playing for a Norwich selection next week against Ipswich as part of a thing to simmer the rivalries between the clubs. It's between the fans so I'm lookin forward to it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Have been playing here for the last 8 years but have packed it up to start reffing now. Always said that I could do it better than the guys around here, now I will see if I can.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭bucks73

Have packed in playing. Now coaching the Junior B side at my club. Top of the league atm but will probably finish second as closest rivals have 2 games in hand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,346 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Started playing again this year, joined Strand United 2nd's in Churches Div 2

We a terrible start to the season but have appeared to get it together now :D

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

I used to play in goal for Manor Farm in the Meath District League. I quit because there was too many players coming in from different areas and players from my area weren't being given a chance for their local club. I played with the NEC and had a few trials here and there. It got very boring so I quit.

I am playing Gaelic Football instead.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,147 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

I used to play for the local sunday league team up front or wherever I was less likely to injure someone the ball was always a mere irritation :D Havent played in nearly 4 years since a I fell and popped my knee cap good! Now im to out of shape from sitting infront of bloody pcs! Planning on going back next year if im fit (2010 ;) )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭ShriekingSheet

yeah i play for spartak dynamo in the leinster senior league sunday

just signed this year

Centre Midfield/ Centre Half

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 310 ✭✭rocco

Play for tolka Roers Senior div LSL .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Yeah i play for shamrock rovers Under 19

position: Central midfield/attacking midfield central tho i prefer the second one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Nenagh Town in NTSL ( north tipp ) . got picked for the NTSL side aswel for the kennedy cup.I play as a full back , right or left

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,680 ✭✭✭Tellox

Played for Johnville for about 2 months, rightwinger...
    I cant express how much I disliked the people I was playing with.

If you miss a shot, smack into the jaw.
    If you mistime a run, smack into the jaw.
    If you have a bad hair day, smack into the jaw.

Never got one myself, but I didnt feel too comfortable in the changing rooms at half time, and seeing half the lads getting smacks...

(of course, it was the hard men handing out the smacks, not the coaches.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 985 ✭✭✭APM

just curious, ne1 here play on the 'new' astro turf place in clonsaugh?

im interested in finding out what its like 2 play on and how hard it is to join a team that plays regularly up there

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

well i don't know about clonaugh, but that new astro stuff is class. You can play in boots, and it doesn't hurt *as much* to slide. Like grass when its wet. Leister Celtic have a new built pitch of it. Same in ESB sports grounds in Ringsend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,548 ✭✭✭Draupnir

Play for Cabra Celtic in the LFL Sunday, good bit of laugh, nice to keep fit, super social aspect, check out www.cabraceltic.com. Didnt have websites back in my Belvedere days, nice to know where you stand in the league.

Ive played in Santry on the Astro Park if thats what you mean. Its super but a bit expensive

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

ya astro is brillant , we train on it all the time for Nenagh Town .

all the grass is the same size , the grass is perfect size to play on .

The only problem is not all the picthes we play on in matches are nearly as good :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

Used to play for Joes in sallynoggin, gave it up - now playing two nights a week on Astro.

Starting the Night Owls league in April - woohoo! Back to some competitive footie!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭Gangsta

Ya, I started playin this year for Salthill Devon U-15. Play Striker/Central Midfielder n Soccer trial next week for the school, lookin forward to be the next Henry

Advertisement