Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

jolt unprofessional?

Options
  • 23-02-2004 9:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭

my clan have paid for a ut2004 demo server on jolt and 5 days later we are still waiting for it, jolt told us it would take 24/48 hrs
    in emails they talk like cs kiddies with "tbh" in most sentences
    and heres what happened when we asked in #jolt on quakenet what the delay was

<jac> [18:52] <@Gonkster&gt; lots of orders
    <jac> [18:52] <@Gonkster&gt; and also
    <jac> [18:52] * Joins: Carillo (~q3acarill@KMMDXX.dsl.saunalahti.fi)
    <jac> [18:52] <@Gonkster&gt; lots of pillocks coming in here askin for help m8

Gonkster is an admin in their offical irc channel
    we picked jolt because their servers are very stable
    but everything else about the service seems very unprofessional
    anyone else have problems with jolt?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

Jolt servers are a) crap b) badly run (knew admins and helpers who were forced out by eejits for having a difference of opintion and complaints for how it was run) c)tossers.

They are also very expensive for what your getting in return.

I suggest you try some german servers (www.fastgameservers.de), multiplay.co.uk or even gameservers.net(nl). All at least 50% or less than Jolts pric or less but also have great support. I often mailed one of the FGS guys well after business hours and got a reply within a few minutes.
    Great service and only €30 a month so couldnt complain.

Gs.net are only €20 per month (but min 3 month contract) tho their servers can be bad at times for some people.

Multiplay.co.uk are very good as well tho i have never ordered from them personally. (they organise the LAN that some boardsters are going to next month).

Jolt are probably quite busy but thats no excuse for treating a customer(potential) like that. Stick to your deadlines or at least havea valid excuse.

What you have against tbh? Everyonline player (who uses irc neway) will eventually use tbh. Not good in emails tho :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Originally posted by B-K-DzR

What you have against tbh? Everyonline player (who uses irc neway) will eventually use tbh. Not good in emails tho :)

ya it was the use of it in emails that i didnt like
    might change providers next month thanks for the tips

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Stormfox1020

tbh?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

To Be Honest

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

I always found jolt servers to be decent to play on, I have never had to contact their support (lucky me by the sound of it), but I remember in Firearms they had one of hte best UK FA communities about on the 5 jolt servers (top clan in europe [IFMJ] also used jolt for their clan server).

While their support seems to be poop, their servers most definately arent.

• Advertisement

Well this is just personal experience of course and in egards UT they cant get it right any more. They used to be the best GSP around bar none. They've been going downhill (in regards UT) for a long time now. Their public servers are a sham and their private (none dedicated) is a mixed bag. Dedicated servers still rock tho!!

Overloaded the UT servers boxes imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

nothing wrong with them saying 'tbh' and stuff in emails.. it is the internet. Theyre servers are great, but most people would agree with tuxx, the attitude of the guys who run the servers at jolt is terrible. Gonkster is actually the best of them, people like Razz are a nightmare to deal with. With some of the stuff they have said and done I would be amazed if they sold any clan servers at all, except for the fact that there is no good alternative.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,136 ✭✭✭Pugsley

There are plenty of good alternatives, B-K-DzR mentioned some, its just none are as well known as jolt.

thats true the reason i picked jolt is i knew the server would be popular with people that join random servers

Originally posted by B-K-DzR
    I suggest you try some german servers (www.fastgameservers.de), multiplay.co.uk or even gameservers.net(nl). All at least 50% or less than Jolts pric or less but also have great support. I often mailed one of the FGS guys well after business hours and got a reply within a few minutes.
    Great service and only €30 a month so couldnt complain.

iv tried www.fastgameservers.de for the past few days and cant connect to the website, my pings to gameservers.net are kind of high
    multiplay.co.uk seem very good but they are more expensive than jolt so i guess u get what u pay for

• Advertisement

update
    today our server was locking up so i ssh in to check cpu useage and sure enough the server was overloaded
    ut2004 server(ours)
    2 call of duty servers
    half life
    soldier of fortune 2
    medal of honnor

all fighting for resorces on a duel p3 1ghz box :(

well my faith in jolt has been restored somewhat they moved our server to a differnt box and all seems to be well

Im glad that Jolt have moved you. I also hope they refunded you the days that your box was overloaded. I cat find the site for fastgamerserver.de either. Must be down or something which isnt too encouraging.

There are a few other options out there. Just ask if you want some more web addys

Advertisement