Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nD vS BIO

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

but of course that should be "Tiocfaidh ár lá"

*cough*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

I don't usually contribute to a thread such as this ... but i'm gonna put in my opinion regarding the PS/nD thing.

I basically think nD should play PS, as the admin of this league i've always rescheduled and tried to avoid defaults and conflicts as much as possible... nD took the points which was well within their rights (you can't mess about the way PS did and not turnup) ... but I think out of sportsmanship they should agree to reschedule it....

I know in the many leagues i've played in, in situations like this clans usually play eachother out of a love for the game / sportsmanship / or to prove a point to themselves !

Irish Quake seems to be all about arguments, tiffs, old history and some very complacent people and a lot of people would rather talk a lot of **** then play.

Both nD and PS are equally bogged down in **** when it comes to this because where one starts off an argument the other responds. I think i'll stay out of it thanks smile.gif

But to conclude : just bite the bullet and play eachother out of sportsmanship, make irish quake look better, win/loose gracefully, put it behind you and instead of coming back to these boards and mouthing off about it get on a server practice and get better than the opposition.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

I think as the admin of the league you really should have stayed out of it Mike. Not good to have admins taking sides.
    Now a nozey univolved ****er like me, thats all right.
    quozl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

I think i'm entitled to my opinion and to express it, thanks.

Originally posted by El_Presidente:
    In that case I withdraw my earlier comments, Bio will whoop yis.

Ah Jésus you people have no faith. The terrible thing is that if you do your maths you'll see that we have very little chance of not winning the league regardless of the BIO game.
    Quí est ton Papa ??

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

i think this topic should be closed as its too quake related.

hahahahaha

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

m1ke you are right, you are perfectly entitled to your opinion, i just found skins so ill stop typing now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Nah, if they don't want to play us then they don't want to play us and there is nothing we can do.

And we have been through already why we couldn't field a team for the nD game and it was just a ****ty set of circumstances working against us. So there is no point going through it again.

nD were perfectly within their rights to take the points and I doubt very much they want to go replay the game with us.

So, there you go. If nD beat Bio they win the league and well done to them.

If they ever decide they want to play us we will be more then happy to give em a good spanking. Until then we will just keep playing in the BW league and play any Irish clan who aren't disgusted at the thought of playing a low down, back stabbing, do anything to win clan like PS.

Ah well to put all shítty statements and goading attempts aside, (they just wont rise to it!!), the plain and simple facts :
    nD are a new clan
    We came into this league scared of BIO, 7, and PS.
    Two down, one to go, if we go down, we'll go down fighting but we'll make our best effort to win, and reckon we are well capable of it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 972 ✭✭✭havok*

Originally posted by Zero:

nD are a new clan
    Quake.ie:

ND have been one of Irelands longest running clans, starting way back from the days of Quakeworld.

eh?
    reformed mabye,
    FH and AciD are the only "new" clans tbh.

Rite. why is it in the Irish scene that Clans only seem to be intrested in maintaining the "reputations" rather then playing the bleed'in game.
    AciD have been stomped by the likes of PS and BiO, so what. Its our first year.
    We play it for the FUN of the game.
    Winning's nice, but not the end of the world.
    I promise you next season we will be a force to be recond with. And when we do get good and get a "Rep" we still wont give 2 fups about maintaining our "honour" and will play any clan that wants to any time.

Narf!
    Clan Acid
    Clan Bio

nD played QW, we were one of the first clans, but being a nethouse boy surely you remember team.ie training and a certain spa spending most of the evening sitting on a chair at the back of the room watching the players. Yeah that would have been me. Bunny might have come fifth in the CPL, but he only started playing Q3 then, I moved out of my "half-hour a week" playing Q3 to actually trying to get better at it since this iqcl.
    Everyone in nD may have been around all the time, but as a Q3 clan we are new to the game, 12 months behind everyone else. When I played for Se7en the only Q3 I played was for se7en's games and a half hour the odd time against bots on a level.
    Trust me, we ARE a new clan and yes we do want to win. Do you want to know why?
    Because nD USED to live on reputation in QW for ages even after we stopped playing. All that the "ninjas of today" like El_Pres and all them have seen is a few cluck oldies drunk-talking about oldschool wars and then when we'd sit down to play we were shíte. Well there's enough of that bóllox, I'm sick of sitting on my ass reading the boards, I know that the players on my team have the potential to be savage, and am well proud of them for how well they have done so far, and the reason we are set on winning isn't for any stupid rep or fear of slagging, we are totally focussed on winning this league basically to show people what potential we have, that the "mediocre" players who have been long left behind since QW still have what it takes to come out and win a league, despite the fact that we have to drive to UL to get a PC to play on.
    The reason we won't play PS is now is because if we lose it jeopardises our winning the league, and I'm not having any of that. We don't give a shít about PS, we will play them consistently after the league to help both us and them get better, but not until we have proven our point and taken the title of the league. I don't think there is anything wrong with that.
    Havok, you seem to be the only person who has a problem with it, you have been the only BIO player to keep ragging on, if it's just for fun then leave it out and we will see you on Sunday.

nDZero.

ok, ok. Soz I did'nd mean to be ragging on.
    Just a bit of fun on da boards tbh.
    And btw it was'nd my intent to put nD down in any way, shape or form.
    Ur all sound ladz, and have a **** hot team as bio do.

Unforntunaly i was'nt there @ NH when team.ie where training. I dont actully werk in NH, I'm their *cough* Advertising consultent biggrin.gif
    I can understand nD wanting to win the leauge. As do all Irish clans. I was just making the point that some ppl might be taking it a bit to seriously. If u remember back to the ructions over the final last season, that sort of sh1t dos't help the sport. And its only caused by clans taking it abit to personaly. Tampers flare and ur left with a game being played that no1's happy with. From an outside view (as i was'nd in the leauge back then) the final last year was a discrace. It would'nd have gotten to that bad of a point if Clan honour was'nd such an issue. And both clans where equaly @ fault.
    If clans continue to play with such unfriendly rivalry it will just happen again, and again.
    Where all adults here. we should be able to play and have a few laughs about it.

Good luck on sunday.

Narf!
    Clan Acid
    Clan Bio

Cheers, and gl ureselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Yay.. Great fun!

[This message has been edited by MindPhuck (edited 15-11-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

I think... em, H.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

uhh yes i consider it quite farcial that such a thread could draw to its conclusion without a mention of the clan with irelands best playerbase

well dealt with vor

Seeing that H where thrown out of the IQ3CL and baned from entering again I dont think u's can brag about anything.

[This message has been edited by havok* (edited 16-11-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

thats what she says bai

Yes havok, my sarcasm detector is broken too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

plop

Havok, why don't you go cause some havok somewhere else?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 [PS]SéaN

"Because nD USED to live on reputation in QW for ages even after we stopped playing."

Did u earn that reputation by winning leagues by winning victorius defaults, r did u actually have b/\LLs back then?? Dont be a whiney scared little ***** Z, give us a game, we dont care if it counts in the league r not, hell it can be praccy for ur Bio game, god knows, we need the praccy for the Bw league, and we promise not to go screaming and shouting about how we raped nD when we do.
    [PS]SéaN
    "Ah well to put all shítty statements and goading attempts aside, (they just wont rise to it!!)" problem solved?? now its ure turn, call me a ***** r something r whatever u do when u "rise to it"........

[This message has been edited by [PS]SéaN (edited 16-11-2000).]

H'll give PS a practice. Keep the date, time and server address to yourself though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

damn straight

we are the only irish clan to be banned from a league i think,

i turned up for all the games until we got banned, daire damian and collie were confident that i could win it on my own, on a modem, but you guyz (ffs) wouldnt let us play in the league with only 1 player, tactics, our tactic was just too good for the league, and everyone obviously conspired to bring us down, especially el_pres

moonunit was in on it as well, we are investigating this phenomenon and will reveal our astonishing results at a later date

nah dont worry SÉAN, i wont rise to it, although it did just strike me strange that you would post that, considering you are the PS Cheerleader, do you ever actually play?

Ha, so you figured out eh sam, you simple headed cheese smelling excuse for a man.

I have been plotting against H since day one! Their loose morals and flowy haircuts sicken me to the core of my being.

I was the one who poisoned your milk and it was I who cut off Daires phone and through an ingenius set of carefully crafted moves I managed to send collie away to Amsterdam, leaving YOU and damo to face the music!

Through a complex system of pullys and levers I turned the Irish Qukae community against you. And it was I who gave M1ke the mysterious brown envelope that led to your banishment from the Eden know as the IQ3CL.

/me laughs heartily
    giggle
    lol
    rofl
    shot
    pld
    ...other such nerdisms

And I'd do it again given half the chance.

Good day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 [PS]SéaN

haha, cheerleader, suppose that would put me on the same pitch as u then. Tell ya what, u get ur poms poms and i'll..well, u just get urs anywayz and we'll hurl abuse at eachother from across the field.
    GIMME A N!! SEAN YA BULLOX
    GIMME AN A!! Z YA DIRTY *****
    GIMME A D..........
    Can u put some dance steps to Protected Species for me so i can be just like u. In all honesty tho, u dressing up like a girl, do u think that affects the psyche of ure players??

Advertisement