Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Week 3 Business League Results :(

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,838 ✭✭✭DapperGent

Originally posted by DeVore
    our biggest strength at the moment is that we are not risking things to get individual scores though
    See. Complete lack of cojones.

I have a feeling they'll all be gunning for us from next week on. They'll have to. I don't think the fitz is too happy with one team breaking off from the group like we are. Last night at my table the dealer asked was there anyone from boards, then told everyone that I was the enemy.

I don't think they'll need that pointed out to them again next week.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

Speak up Emuse we are all friends here.

Changed my avatar title to reflect the 'friendly' rivalry :)

Hyzepher

:D

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Yeah, next week they will be gunning for us ok, but I dont really see what difference that can make? If they dont go up against us then we win and suvive (which is our strategy). If they go up against us bluffing then since we are playing tight we should take their chips... if they go up against us with real cards... well thats poker!

Unless they are waiting for us outside with bats I dont see how they can really target us all that effectively and none of them are going to sacrafice themselves to take us down, I mean look how tight the chasing pack is and there's a cash prize for second and third too remember....

DeV.

If I was Emuse I would be more worried witht he teams behind than bothering with us. We have won more points each week than anyone and have led from the start - if I was them I would concentrate on staying 2nd and if that eats away at our lead then thats a bonus for them.

Hyzepher

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

yerrr!! we dont take kindly t'yer type 'round here!! *shakes fist* :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Ha. I knew you guys wouldn't let the team down, well except maybe Dev. Things are really heating up. We need the T-shirts for the last few weeks.

MrP

There is split opinion on whether we should wear the t-shirts or not... some people might think we are being bigheaded etc. Personally I'll wear one on the last night (remember we're goin' drinkin' that night too!). I have to find somewhere that can print on Black Tee's too...

Leave it with me...

DeV.

I think the t-shirts are cool and I want one, but there's not a snowball's chance in hell I'll wear it to the Fitz.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

I will wear one for sure. All the bankers wear sharp suits and 2 tone shirts, we should stand out too.

MrP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I'd like a tshirt too, but I won't wear it in the Fitz, and especially not in the business league, I think we're taking it alot more serious than some of the other team, which is part of the reason we're winning but I don't want to be christened a knobend by Fitz people if I can help it.

Originally posted by lafortezza
    I don't want to be christened a knobend by Fitz people if I can help it.

Dont worry your secret is safe with us - lol

Hyzepher

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Originally posted by Hyzepher
    Dont worry your secret is safe with us - lol
    Hyzepher
    Shush, at least I'm first among equals...

or some witty retort of some kind, its too early for concentration

Aye, if we werent winning I'd deffo wear one but given that we are kinda whopping them I dont want to seem like Luke's knobend. :)

I think I have a cunning plan though... stay tuned.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭gerire

Yeah that was a really good night again, only dropping a few points.

Playing the first anti with 2 good cards to see the flop isnt going to wat into your chips. We all know at this stage that patience is our saving grace, we have no problem going to the fitz and sitting there twiddling our thumbs for 2 hours and coming in a high position for doing sweet f-all. And its worked so far.

Go team boards, might put my head in next Monday for a few mins but good luck to y'all next week.

<snip by DeV... see the FNWAI board>

Advertisement