Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DC match in Cavan Combat on the 27th

Options
  • 24-02-2004 2:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

OK; same as last time.

Everybody meet in Cavan Combat, say between 10:30pm and 11pm on Friday, the 27th.

Reply below if your going to be there. If a Cavan Combat mod would be as kind to change map rotation to what would suit a 56kb modem, as the 56'ers usually come.

The map with the very tall buildings (Urban Seige, I think) shouldn't be on it, as this lags a bit, due to the high buildings, which would be unfair to the 56'ers.
    Any other maps which people feel that need high bandwitdh, it'd be nice if they were removed for Friday.

Thanks.

Will you be playing? 11 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    90% 10 votes
    I'll try
    9% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

ill be their as long as i fix my pc in time (which i should unless i **** up big time)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,007 ✭✭✭Moriarty

If I'm around I'll take some time out to soundly thrash you all :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭Washout

Ill be there...if there is a decent response i think we m ay have to password protect the server so we all can get on

• Registered Users Posts: 207 ✭✭BlueDrax

I'll be there.
    I'll also try and get Dazza, JoeFace & MrTimewalk to make an appearance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭dangerman

i'll be there. yeh a password is needed.

i'd like basrah's edge, basrah nights, lost village.

[me likes infrantry battles]

[TN] DangerMan

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,199 ✭✭✭krattapopov

count me in, screename [TN] krattapopov

• Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

Originally posted by dangerman
    yeh a password is needed.

I'd get Rev's permission before anyone puts a password on the server.
    Doing it otherwise would be bad show.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

Yea, sounds good, if I'm home, I'll be there.

As far as password protecting the server goes, I don't think we need to do that for pickup games. There's a few server regulars who don't read boards.ie like. We can always bounce clients who are tking/basecamping to make room :)

Luc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Yea I think passwording the server would be a bad idea.
    As lucutus said theres a lot of non-boards ppl playing on the server. I would suggest that the auto-balance be turned off for its duration, and that two passworded teamspeak channels are created.

I'd also suggest that maps with tanks, more tanks, coppers, planes be played.
    Whats the point in those small street based ones which are infantry only, sure you might as well be playing countershíte.

• Advertisement

Aye i dont get what people have against tanks and helios....crist people just because your on a hamster powered 56k or cant fly/drive doesnt mean we all should suffer !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

if theres room I'll come by as well...just got DC working and its very new to me so don't expect too much....

I can't believe i missed this for so long DC seems to be fantastic from what I have seen so far..I can't believe its free. I tried EoD too it aint bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Instant Karma

you sill need an inf map rev...and 56k has no problem playing on the likes of berlin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,997 ✭✭✭The_Bullman

Sign me up too

The usual clauses.. subject to decent ping and availability on the night(who knows-I might get a life:rolleyes:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

have nothing planed for the evening ............so count me in ..........Dazza more than likely as well

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

Count me in lads!!!!!!

MR Daz = Dazza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

I'd love a good game.

Deffo play El Al, Bocage, Gazala and Lost Village.

The server seems to have been taken over by hoardes of unknown types who TK or accuse you of cheating. Cant see how you could have a meaningful game without a password.

The Fairy.

PS anyone going of DC for lent? :D

PS anyone going of DC for lent?

Iv been off dc for 2 weeks.......and im telling ya it isnt nice......oh it isnt nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 484 ✭✭ssh

So is it being passworded or what? Play really picked up last night... twas a good evening's fighting.

Id like it if it were passworded but to be honest the best thing to do is if you cant get on either jump into #battlefield.ie or the teamspeak server....i Will be there and Ill look into the possibility of getting anyone who has replied to this thread a slot

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,887 ✭✭✭Joeface

so how many ppl is that........16 we still need about 10

..........my grave is all ready dug and reads : Should have zigged ......

Beer.......DC?

Beer.....................DC?

Dammit.

beer + DC!!

your not allowed to fly or drive though

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Originally posted by krattapopov
    beer + DC!!

How do you expect to get a Computer into a Pub and hook into their phoneline without being noticed?

A job only for superman.

I may be in pub. More then likely i'll be in the pub. But if for some reason I am not at home in the pub I might go on for a game. But then ... pub.

What about swimming?

Drunken swimming with guns!

whats the IP address for cavan combat, sometimes it doesnt appear in ASE for me... or is there a reason for this?

just asking to be on the safe side

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭TheHairyFairy

Hi,

Gonna watch MatchStick men now and try and be on around 10:30ish. If it is passworded can you pm the password as I dont have IRC and the Java Applet on the front page of boards.ie wont work.

The Fairy.

PS the play is really hotting up. I even Bashra last night and I normally hate that map but sniping made up for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Server seems to be full :(

[edit]
    GOT IN!
    [/edit]

• Advertisement

Hi Ive changed score limit to 6.

Hopefully this will help in the aid of the dillema of how long dc no fly zone went on for..

If this fails might I suggest a time limit of 60 minutes per round?

Advertisement