Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless Broadband

• 24-02-2004 6:56am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,857 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    may seem like a silly question, but whats the range on the wireless boardband options offered by the last mile? I'm building a house about 11 miles as a crow flies from Athlone and I have good line of sight. Anyone know if it that's with in range, as I dont have the house yet, I cant get a site survey and the guys at last mile were a bit unsure when I asked them
    Since I'm living in the sticks, surrounded by nothing (which I like), there's no chance of eircom BB ever coming to my area.
    Tks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 191 ✭✭Poz3D

Get in contact with Last Mile Wireless. They are providing wireless broadband to the Midlands area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Digiweb have stacks of Wireless licences in the Midlands (mainly Leinster and North Connacht) as well.

M

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭DaithiSurfer

whatever happened to Ripwave in ireland. I havent heard anything about it lately.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭Ripwave

Originally posted by DaithiSurfer
    whatever happened to Ripwave in ireland. I havent heard anything about it lately.
    Irish Broadband have 3.5GHz licenses in Dublin, Cork, Limerick, Galway and Waterford. They have indicated that it will be a few months before they have 3.5GHz Ripwave gear running in Dublin, and I don't know what their plans are in the other cities.

As far as I can tell from the Navini website IBB are the only ISPs using Ripwave in Ireland. Though it is interesting to note that Iona are listed as a Technology Partner as well.

Advertisement