Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Save Enterprise Show

Options
  • 24-02-2004 1:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭

I don't know if you have been following the rummors that the show will be cancelled before session four but there is a campain to stop it happening
    here.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

It only has to get as far as seven before it gets canned anyway...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Doubt it will be cancelled, it has a 7-year contract. Although if it does get cancelled, as in network decides not to fund a new season then that could mean it'd be royally ****ed, as they've no money to film a season, however still being under contract they can't bring the show to someone else.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Ah lads its hardly worth saving now is it

Upn will rightfully so cancel this horrible show hopefully declare it non-cannon and then replace the WHOLE production/writing staff so we can get a good new star trek show! maybe with the Uss enterprise-B

All they need is 100 EP’s then it will be cancelled.... Which is like 4 season’s

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

We should be having a campaign to ban 'Enterscheisse', not save it...

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Bring me a petition to sack Berman and Braga, then I'll sign. :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Hey Biz what about haveing a new star trek seris after the dominion war instead of back during entB.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Vader

I thought about that many times, basically roysh, what if the romulans wouldnt give back the territories they liberated and the ferengis [sp] have a civil war over this new ethics crap. More about section 31 (they rock, I know Sloan is dead, but its not the first time:ninja: ), and the holodecks get banned for some reason so no more of that shít, and problems are solved other than by rerouting power through the deflecter dish.

MOre on the obsidian order, section 31 and tal-shiar[sp]. More fighting. More romulans. Ds9 had something that was missing since Tos. Less than perfect relationships between some of the caraters. Spock and bones were brilliant, odo and quark, garek and everybody, ppl have faults, ppl have enemies. Thats entertaining. No more vulcans.

Nudity doesnt make a show sexier, kinky lasses like Dax do that!

There was a bid discussion before about what happens next. I bet u somehow gareck will gain allot of power in the new cardassion goverment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

I never liked enterprise but i do think paramount should finish what they started. cancelling it halfway would disgrace the entire ST franchise as a whole.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,626 ✭✭✭smoke.me.a.kipper

Originally posted by AngelofFire
    I never liked enterprise but i do think paramount should finish what they started. cancelling it halfway would disgrace the entire ST franchise as a whole.

i concur.

• Advertisement

cancelling it halfway would disgrace the entire ST franchise as a whole

Enterprise IS a disgrace to star trek

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

If enterprise gets cancelled say goodbye to trek, simply put no one will take a chance on a new series for a long time.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 15,001 ✭✭✭✭Pepe LeFrits

Good riddance if true.

Your soooo wrong there Upn has always supported star trek its their cash cow you dont let it die

Upn is considering fireing all the production staff/writeing staff and are in talks with Roddenberrys son to be a go between for fans and paramount their's also ment to be plans already for a Enterprise-B era show to replace Entercrap there just waiting till seasion 4 (or 100 eps) are done so they can ship entercrap off to sydicate (sp)

Also Paramount has been in contact with well know star trek gameing site's saying they fully plan on supporting new game's and the star trek gameing community once this stupid leg less law suit is done and dusted sometime this year

Star trek is far from dead lad's

Out of de boat and in de Nile. :D
    After the failure of St Nemesis we probably wont see any new films for awhile, and the same thing will happen if Enterprise gets cancelled. That said I do hope your right.

St 10 made 120 million dollors i think so it wasnt a total failure

http://www.trektoday.com/news/231202_02.shtml

Since opening on December 13 'Star Trek Nemesis' has grossed $26.45 million, with average takings of $1,623 per theatre. With a reported production budget of $60 million and estimated marketing costs of $33 million, 'Nemesis' is far from being a money-maker for Trek studio Paramount Picutres. "It obviously lost a lot of its audience to 'The Two Towers' and it does not auger well for how it will perform in the next few weeks," industry analyst Arthur Rockwell told United Press International.

1998's 'Star Trek: Insurrection,' previously the least successful TNG feature, grossed $8.3 million on its second weekend with total takings of $35.64 million after 10 days. The latest film's current gross pales further in comparison with 1996's 'Star Trek: First Contact,' which notched up over $60 million in the same 10-day period. 'First Contact' went on to take $92 million at the domestic box office, while 'Insurrection' managed $70 million. The lowest-grossing Trek film, 1989's 'Star Trek V: The Final Frontier,' took $52 million

jesus it did bomb didnt it :dunno:

im haveing a bad night tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 8,488 ✭✭✭Goodshape

Enterprise should be cancelled. It's crap.

The last film was pretty crap too, and that's more of a pity.

If you ask me, a few year break would be no bad thing - I mean they've been churning out trek non-stop for how long now? And it's been all seriously down-hill since TNG.

They need to stop for a while, have a good long think about what their doing, and then start again with some fresh ideas (and a new production team!).

I would not be interested in a Enterprise B based show.

What would it be about? There where no wars during the ships time or any other events of importance.

A star trek show following another race would be good. mabe following the romulans. Klingons wouldent be great because it would just be very simple storys but star trek romulan would be all cloak and dagger and alternite agends and stuff.

There will be another star trek movie but will it be TNG?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,995 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's not the concept that was the problem, it's the **** writing, **** directing, badly chosen actors etc. Enterprise had a good concept, but didn't have the goods to carry this concept through. If another Star Trek show is born, it will just have the same problems.

What would it be about? There where no wars during the ships time or any other events of importance.

Er star trek isnt about war's and pritty ship's going bang in space.And their are many events of importance ....The klingons would still be in a TOS mind set ...Finding the Cardies the rommie's are still around in that time line exploreing new world's etc

Voyager didnt have a war....Tng didnt have a war ....Tos didnt have a war.....Enterprise doesnt really have a war

Etc etc

I not saying it needs a war. Ok yes they have to make contact with the cardassians and a few other races but Kirk and Piccard did most of the first contacts so did other captains there isent even allot of first contacts to be made.

Would they cast Tuvok?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

perhaps a show based on an Enterprise F set 50/100 years in the future circa 2425 or 2475, and have the more interesting aliens like the Dominion and the Cardassions back.

Basically sack the current producers (Berman et al.), and bring back that other DS9 producer, Michael Pillar i think it was, he produced some great storylines in his time there.
    Er star trek isnt about war's and pritty ship's going bang in space
    But there are times when wars can be an important plot device, the latter part of DS9 benefited greatly from having a war, there were many excellent episodes.

thats what TNG did and it was a hit but i think they can milk allot of money out of a show based right after dominion war/voyagers return because everyone would be interested in it. After that they could make a Enterprise F or mabe follow another ship not called the enterprise F.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Regarding Nemesis' Box Office take the actual figure is $97,500,000. See here.
    Combine that with the DVD sales and while not a runaway success I'm sure it wasn't the abysmal failure it's thought to have been.

Originally posted by bizmark

Voyager didnt have a war....Tng didnt have a war ....Tos didnt have a war.....Enterprise doesnt really have a war

TNG absolutly rocked, nobody will dispute that but the borg threat and the klingon civil war were my fav things in it.
    Voyager sucked. I was only mildly interested in the Borg episodes but I blocked them out of mind after that shít in the last episode. They did improve alot on the theory and concept of the borg but wasnt that already done for "First contact"
    :confused:

Remember your rules of acquisition, war is good for buisiness.

I want more fighting, more things that go boom!

Originally posted by User45701
    There was a bid discussion before about what happens next. I bet u somehow gareck will gain allot of power in the new cardassion goverment.

What do you suppose garek did?

I was thinking what about a star trek show based in the mirror univerce - it follows emperor tiberus and the rise of the terran empire - its campaign against the borg and the signing of the Alliance. Then the annilation of earth and conquering of vulcan.

Emperor tiberus is the BEST charactor ever

Long Live the Terran Empire!

• Advertisement

Long live the empire FULL STOP.

All empires rock, but which would be the all time best, the Klingon empire, the romulan, the terren or the empire from SW (just threw it in there).

Advertisement