Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Save Enterprise Show

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

i think the reason we find the shatner books better then the normal star trek books is they usually have a more epic theme. some star trek books the paper backs and what not can just be based on a really small event on a planet or what not. shatners books are always about saving the whole federation and stuff which is quite good typically

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

I love shatner writing about the mirror univerce and the history of the terran empire and his counter part

Emperor Tiberus - Master of Life and Death throught the known galaxy, (what a title that will be my title someday when i rule the earth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

i said it in another thread a little while ago, but a couple of times voyager touched on a potential future series. a couple of things that spring to mind are the time ship episodes for one. how about that? bouncing around through time fixing stuff, and watching events as they unfold? with the SFX around today they could even splice old kirk episodes into new footage without it looking too dodgy, and there is an almost unlimited amount of material which could be used to play things out.

another good one would be the one with the holo doc on the multi-vector attack thingy ship with that geeky other holo doc when he was beamed across to the alpha quadrant. looked like a pretty cools ship, so whats wrong with taking that up?

i'm falling asleep travelling around the place at warp 5, its fecking boring. that said, it's getting a bit better with this delphic expanse thing and the threat to earth, but they really are stuck with what they can do apart from stretching whats already been done (quite often beyond the 'trek' reasonable) because it really has all been done before from our perspective. you know damn well they have their writing team watching old ep's of the other treks to get ideas, its so obvious.

its something that i feel should be moving forward anyway, not backwards.

sometime after the war with the dominion would be ideal if not the time ship idea. new tech (not old) new races and new things. maybe even something catastrophic changing the balance of power dramatically. how about something that leads to a new race working its way though the alpha quadrant destroying everything in its path forcing all the factions together in defence of the whole quadrant. something meaty anyway that would make som e good TV.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

and there is an almost unlimited amount of material which could be used to play things out

Wouldnt that just be one big 7 year long clip show

Advertisement