Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calling all Galway Heads

• 20-02-2001 4:37pm
    Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Right - we're gonna have the first (of many) Galway boards.ie beer session - I propose Thursday the 1st of March - venue - I'm open for suggestion as I'm new to the city.

So, I know there's a few of yiz out there - already signed up are Jaden, kayos and my good self - we want to see a good few heads to show those Dublin pe0ns which town is best tongue.gif

Replies and ideas here please!!!

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Front Door? Good pub that. It has beer, what the **** more to you want?

Or Murphys/Freeneys? Great Guinness.

KIngs head/Keys for all you tourists???

What about McSwiggins, grand talent. A higher class of chick than Dav might be used to. Weh Weh.

We can even alter the date to suit a few toddling down from the neither regions of Ireland.....

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Lemmie see...

Out of those mentioned, I've been to the Kings Head, but McSwiggins sounds good - I've moved more up-market since my time hob-nobbing it with the Dublin Cosmopolitan Scene Rob tongue.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

I've always liked The Kings Head, beer some Fat TV's and some b!tches. biggrin.gif

Unfortunatly i wont be able to participate in this session due to the fact that i have a match against UCC on Thursday or Friday, we weren't told which yet.

Go forth and session!
    SEVEN OR NINE PINTS A MAN I SAID!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,494 ✭✭✭kayos

Well heres some other pubs
    Skeff <- great for ****tails
    Sally Longs <- Pitchers of Beer
    Red Square <- this is a good pub
    Blue Note <- normally have a few promos on
    Hey what am I saying this is Galway so its down to the Booze brothers for a bottle of Buckfast and time to go bushing smile.gif I'm open to any pub any who.
    darn I got censored the skeff is great for mixed drinks right this better not get censored smile.gif
    kayos

[This message has been edited by kayos (edited 20-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by kayos (edited 20-02-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 936 ✭✭✭FreaK_BrutheR

What about Roisín Dubhs.....imo the best bar in Galway.

http://run.to/pile

• Advertisement

So, who's actually up for this???

We and Dav on our own is a dangerous proposition........... smile.gif

What about a Galway LAN instead, sometime soon? I'm sure we can get 8 or so together. I have a house, room, and a hub, I even have a server. Food, drink, and lots of killing everything that moves. Whadda think?

Out at night and all, you know you want to. Galways ****s on Dublin for crack at night.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

Good stuff Rob - me and Kealan just sorted a hub and all that jazz for our place last night (we still haven't got it working mind you, but soon).

Anyway, we have a work night out this Thursday - I didn't know about it when I popped this post up. So, I saw we organise a LAN and/or ****up for some time after rag week (next week).

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Hey Dav how's the craic boss. Tis I phobos, but you may know me as the red haired 3rd Yr Software Dev. freek that hangs around with Eamon up in C'bar.

What's the deal with the session and I also heard that you got a place in the same part of Galway that I'm from. Nice One

TTYL, phobos :-)

Where abouts in Galway are you anyway Dav? And what about the rest of you peons..... Gawddammit, you moan about pings all the time, then you don't wanna go to a LAN. GAHHHHH smile.gif .

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

Will do, mail me yer mobile number, and I'll call you later.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Advertisement

Done (jaden@eircom.net)

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,413 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

Oh no, not him. Anything but him. smile.gif

You get me in trouble you ****head. Bad Monkey.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited 27-02-2001).]

[This message has been edited by Jaden (edited 27-02-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭phobos

Damn it, my cloaking device doesn't seem to be working, now everyone knows my real name.
    :- Thanx a lot DAV -)

I am actually over on Dr. Mannix Rd, just around the corner from you.

Hmmm, Corporate Quake3 LAN eh?, gizza look!. Got lotsa new games 4 ya, if your up for it, and a CDRW (sweeet).

Gotta go, one of wee Gerry's "Windows Programming" (so that's what they're calling it these days) exams a foot.

TTYL :- phobos -)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

i gotta week off work next week. Im there if your having one...

PS- Westo, nice to see ya dude!!

Damn it Jim, im a doctor, not a Beefy King !

Cool cool cool - next week - maybe the Thursday?
    Take Friday off Weston wink.gif

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

Good to hear from you Weston!

The new gaff is in Rockbarton Court in Salthill - tis a sweeeeeeeet place!

Actually, Rob, me and Kealan are having fierce grief with this LAN - you don't fancy calling round and working your magic on it (or maybe jusr take the **** out of the hub till it dies)???

Then we'll be ready for fun - you can even have a cup of tea (mad bastids that we are).

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)

*boing*

Rob - giz a shout will ya?

[edit]Check yer mail[/edit]

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR><font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Kharn (edited 01-03-2001).]

Advertisement