Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus Joke(be warned)

• 24-02-2004 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭

passenger: does this bus go to ucd?
    bus driver: no it's not that clever.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

Can't see this lasting too long.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

Tastelessness in extremius...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭uberwolf

I'm kinda glad I saw it when i did though. ur a bad person all the same. I thought south park said it was 22 1/2 yrs before tragedies became funny?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

too soon dude, do we really want people like this in our community?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭hedgetrimmer

Way way too raw for jokes, dude, considering some people here were effected. I smell a ban coming on.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

I think a closure of this tread and a 2 week banning should do the trick here.

I saw this crash and it was not pleasent.

This joke is completly out of line.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,003 ✭✭✭✭Stark

I just think what made the tragedy most unusual was the bus showing up in the first place ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 326 ✭✭Cable

Seriously bad form dude

k.oriordan is way out of order as well, IMO :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 302 ✭✭Auburn

I think people are being slightly uptight here. The joke may be in bad taste, but it's going to happen, it happens with everything. If the same joke was made in a few weeks time, people wouldn't be so upset.

• Advertisement

"If the same joke was made in a few weeks time, people wouldn't be so upset."

That's the point, though, Auburn. The event is too raw for those amongst this community who have been effected / involved with the tragedy. All we are asking is some consideration before posting. If people aren't gonig to be upset in a few weeks, then wait for a week weeks. By corollary, people ARE going to be upset now, so it should NOT be posted. That's the logic of it.

hedgetrimmer: I understand that, I was just making a point. These types of things are going to be said. If not here, then elsewhere. And of course it'll be upsetting for those people who are affected.
    I'm sure it was not said for the sake of upsetting people. It's the way of Irish society to make jokes when we don't know how to deal with a situation. I didn't mean any offence by my comments.

And remember - I didn't post the joke.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 percy

This joke has absolutely NOTHING to do with the weekend tragedy! Read the (admitedly, bad) joke before you start jumping all over someone. Some of you can be so sanctimonious sometimes!!!

I think theres something you have to understand here Auburn, posting a joke on the internet is totally different than telling it in public. The joke may only take 5 secs to tell, but online it is fixed, if you understand me. Plus telling your joke in public may only get around 10 ppl max to listen, while here there is a much greater audience.

Its just bad taste, and its not that we dont have a sense of humour, its that this affected some people on boards directly and as such id rather it wasnt posted here. This is not the image that this community likes to reflect, and is definitely not the reason i joined it. Boards in general has become more and more low brow with each newbie who joins up :(

\\edit, the joke had now been changed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Originally posted by percy
    This joke has absolutely NOTHING to do with the weekend tragedy! Read the (admitedly, bad) joke before you start jumping all over someone. Some of you can be so sanctimonious sometimes!!!

It's been edited in case you can't read. So maybe you should stop jumping all over people?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

T.G. Catter joined in 2001 bazh..you joined in 2002!

Originally posted by SheroN
    T.G. Catter joined in 2001 bazh..you joined in 2002!
    I`ll let you work that one out, dont worry im here a lot longer

Originally posted by bazH
    I think theres something you have to understand here Auburn, posting a joke on the internet is totally different than telling it in public......

Look... there is no need to be patronising. If you didn't agree with what I said, then fine. You don't have to. I was merely giving my opinion. I've already said I didn't mean any offence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,003 ✭✭✭✭Stark

That's because the joke was edited since and replaced with a different one. The original was about cutting queues in half ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Some of you can be so sanctimonious sometimes!!!

Know us well, he does.
    For someone with a grand total of one post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Originally posted by T.G Catter
    passenger: does this bus go to ucd?
    bus driver: no it's not that clever.

still it reads well when you read the posts after it with the original joke in mind :)

now that's funny.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Its a good, but lame joke at da same time!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 Honey Bunny

do the jokes on the 'german joke' thread affect you?

do we know people who have committed suicide, families lives that have been runined by alcoholism????

the reply's to this thread are funnier than the joke(?). it's great to see all these board's members taking the high moral ground.
    who's guilty of laughing about jokes about death and social problems, i'm sure we've all heard jokes about somalians, 9/11 etc.
    who bought papers over the weekend looking for the gorey details about the accident?
    although the joke(?) is a bit premature, i don't think the poster was aware of those on boards.ie who were witness to the accident or knew people involved.

the replacement joke is good though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,726 ✭✭✭quank

didnt see the original joke.... but aint likin the new one :dunno:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,169 ✭✭✭✭Sangre

Holy crap you people annoy me every single time.

Why the hell did you click on the thread in the first place? You knew it would offend you, you knew it would piss you off and you knew you would complain and yet, for some reason, you still clicked on the link.
    I wonder why?

Because you like thinking you're sensitive, caring and compassionate people who should tell others off for being bold and naughty.
    Not to mention your curiosity.

Next time dont click on an obvious thread title with a warning if you won't like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭secret_squirrel

What Sangre said...you all had a choice NOT to click on this thread.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Is1ldur

The original poster edited the joke, guess he doesn`t have the balls, meh tbh etc. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,714 ✭✭✭Ryaner

Bad bad bad

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

I was a friend of one of the people killed in this accident, for my part anyway.

Way too soon man, way too soon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement