Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Euro CTF League / Team.CTF.3.ie.com ?

Options
  • 22-11-2000 9:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I've been approached by Savage UK Admins and asked to captain the Irish Quake3 CTF Team. So this post is to guage the interest in an Irish CTF team.

First of all i'll give you all some information on the league ; It's being hosted be Savage/UKCCL, there will be 4 groups and the top 2 go through to quarter finals so we'll be playing a minimum of 3 games. As it is an online league we'll be playing on Savage UK servers, or we can choose a neutral server.

The countries that have entered already are ; DENMARK, GERMANY, AUSTRIA, BELGIUM, SCOTLAND, SWEDEN, FRANCE, HOLLAND, ENGLAND, FINLAND, N.IRELAND, SWITZERLAND.

So i'm thinking of a preliminary selection of 12, we've 6-8 weeks to organise things.. I know this could clash with the BWDML but the days of the games won't clash and besides it's good rl skills and a chance to take part in a fun and interesting competition.

CTF is still quite unknown territory and here's our chance to setup a team, there's no reason why we shouldn't is there ? There might be some who want things to stay exclusively DM/Team.ie but I think there's enough players in this country to support and merit a CTF team.

Since we only have 1 Irish CTF Clan, trials will have to be held but I believe we can select a panel of 12 based on ability/team play (which carries over to CTF) and any players that do have CTF experience. Overall the final squad will be 8 in size.

Ok, i've already gotten enough interest to jusity this but who likes the idea and more importantly who'd like to help out in any areas ?

- Mike

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭Koopa

$$

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

Id love to help out in anyway i can. CTF is THE team game - havent played better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

yah OL ain't that the truth, I started out a firm hater of CTF ... 2 weeks and i've been converted smile.gif

It's not as competitive as DM but damn fun smile.gif

Anyway i'll stick you on the list of players i'm making up atm.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

UL the religious home of quake will support if you need it, FragNet can offer the same support to this team as team.ie as need.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,687 ✭✭✭tHE vAGGABOND

are pings to savage/UKCCL servers erm..savage smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭Jedi

Pings are far from savage tbh but good enough to compete. 50-70 on isdn.

Tom/jedi

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭Nicky

if its on weekends the ul people can trial and play

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Originally posted by Nicky:
    if its on weekends the ul people can trial and play
    ...if someone books the room, 1 week in advance, organises transport for the machines, monitors, etc..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

Seems to have a measure of flexible organisation. How difficult is it for a bunch of ya to get into this training room with pc's monitors etc.. and if so are you only available for 1 day ?

Because 1 day a week = 6 days of training (about) before the league starts, which isn't enough really since none of us have a ctf background.

But if it was a Sat/Sun thing... then maybe, that seems like enough time to get things setup.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Overlord

I cant speak for the ul lads for sure but yes it can be a whole weekend thing if organised proply as podgeen says. All the oldskool q1 ppl were brought up on ctf on Indigo and im sure we can catch up fast.
    I watched some ctf demos last night including inf-bio. Jesus lads the epic nature of this map called wctf1 was it? Fantastic absolutley fantastic brings it all back. Someone tell Blade and CW to come back please. Wheres Kosh?

• Advertisement
Advertisement