Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Who would you like to see back in the wwe?

• 24-02-2004 5:04pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭faithy

i would definately love to see jeff hardy again.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

I agree with what you have said entirely about Awesome, ironicaly enough I was watching that match today also. I too would LOVE to see Jeff Hardy back in the WWE.

However, the one star I wanna see return to an sort of wrestling is someone who has never been on the WWE roster, Hayabusa...

Hayabusa(to those of you that dont know him) was at one time Japans answer to hulk hogan, renound and applauded as the greatest eastern wrestler.

Eiji Ezaki got involved in wrestling in the late 80s at the age of 18. He and his best friend attended the school known as the FMW dojo. FMW was a hardcore industry in japan, very violent and revolutionary. They were the company that gave Japanese wrestling the anme it has today. Behind FMW lurked an in genious wrestler/owner/promoter by the name of Shoichi Arai, with dreams similar to a younger Eric Bishoff, to make Fronter Martial Arts Wrestling, only a small promotion at the time into a solid contender agenst All Japan Pro, run by a powerful board, similar to the old NWA. All Japans adverage show housed about 40,000.

Arai was trying to acomplish the impossible. But with the rise of Eastern Championship wrestling(ECW), and its Extreme turn they got added support and eventually became a giant product. The company was built on the back of Eiji Ezaki, who used the name Falcon due to his amazing bird like movements in the ring. The Japanese translation for Falcon is Hayabusa.

Hayabusa was involved in some of the most violent matches ever imaginable, which made Wife beater and Sick Nick Mondos match at Zandigs Ultar Violent Turnament of Death look like Rico V rob Conway... :D The most famous of all these was the 5000 watt barbed wire exploding cage of death match in 1997, which was ironically agenst Akai. Hayabusa returned from a 4 month reba from a leg injury. The watch ended with the entire ring exploding when Hayabusa ran face first into it. Glass and metal shards covered the ring. Even though the ref was wearing a full body protective suit and Akai was on top of him, he still got injured. hayabusa, with his last shread of hope climbed the cage and did a record (still unbroken) 28 foot high moonsault to the mat, where we almost crushed his entire body. He lost the match and was out for a further 7 months due to new injuries.

Hayabusa returned unmasked as H, the gimmick didnt hold and he returned to all Japan briefly as the origional Hayabusa. FMW was in finincial crap. The company had just seen the demise of ECW, and a few weeks later declared bankrupsy. Akai, in depression took his own life in a car park. Hayabusa, however tried to make everything he could out of the dieing company.

He was engaged in a ferocious battle with Mammoth one night, when the tried to preform an asai moonsault, and the rope totally snapped, sending Eiji 10 feet to the concrete head first. He was rushed to hospital but was totally paralised fromthe neck down.

Hayabusa by the end of 2001 could move his arms again. Six months later he started moving his knees also. Last year he took his first steps in 3 years. Eiji has amazed doctors and fans world around, he has promised that once again, some day, the Falcon will fly. He intends to wrestle soem day again. Now that is admireable. He is the bravest wrestler I gave ever heard of... in everyway. His entrance was excellent too :D

Personally, I will be waiting to see if he will ever set foot in a ring ever again.

hanza

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 Desmond Wolf

Warrior , Savage , Sid , Bret Hart and any of the old managers like Heenan , Slick , Jimmy Hart or Fuji

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Jeff Hardy or Bret Hart.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭cannonballkid

Justin cirable so we could see the impact players again . the tag team with him lance storm and dawn maire in it

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

They were mad . didn't like the tights at all . but if you look at kidman he want from from a good postion in wcw to a bad one in wwe after he started wearing tights . maybe its all in the look . maybe i'm wrong

can't say i remember them . What you think they should bring back kidmans wcw look

• Advertisement

I think kidman is a great talent hes being buried . Bring back the kidman that beat hogan does anyone remember that kidman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Jeff Hardy definitely! Assuming he's stopped the laziness buzz he was on towards the beginning of last year.

I agree with smiaras on the ECW wrestlers. Justin Credible was nothing without Heymans mind behind it. Heyman had no control during the InVasion angle, which is probably the reason why it tanked.

Nero

The band site is here http://www.peroxwhygen.com
    But bandwidth limit exceeded?! Hmmm

Nero

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,974 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

J E F F H A R D Y

I'll say it again! J E F F H A R D Y

I was listening to Jeff hardys music last night.

WARNING: DO NOT TAKE STRONG FOREGIN SUBSTANCES B4 LISTENING TO THIS CRAP

Very pooey! Me no like. Its like trippy dope smokeing music mixed with slipknots infamously long gruling songs at the end of their albums. The ones composed of reverbs, crackeling and echos. Its terrible.

Come back to wrestling Jeff.

Hanza

He is singing, programming, keyboards and producing the album.

Its crap. Shannon Moore is actually the guitarist, and their probally the only good thing about the songs.

Hanza

I've heard a lot of negative things about his music... I stayed away.
    Nero

• Advertisement

Yes but remember... Jeff was fired! ;) It's easy to say taking time off to concentrate on music to save face.

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

well its not someone who i want to see back at all but i just noticed a bit of a coincidence. can anyone tell me who connects the two current world champions. :eek: dont bring her back

Well considering Joanie burned her bridges with WWE a couple of years back, it's not likely. Her recent actions with TNA have proved that she's still stuck up as ever.

In saying that, Vince took Hogan back, even after he testified against him at the steroid trials. But somehow I think Hogan will always be a bigger draw than Chyna! ;)

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭bennyx_o

I Rarly watch wrestling anymore, but if Ken shamrock, Steve Blackman or The Roaddogg came back, i might be tempted to watch it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Eliminator

I'd love to see Shamrock, I don't want to sound like I'm boasting, but I know a helluva lot about 'rasslin and I still don't know why Shamrock was realesed?
    Anybody know?
    If this was fantasy I'd like to see The Pitbulls as Tag Champs but unfortunatley that's impossible due to the recent death of Anthony "Pitbull #2" Durante.
    May he R.I.P.

P.S.-Has anybody checked out my post about joining my non-garbage wrestling style Backyard Wrestling Promotion-Please check it out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

The RoadDogg is working down in TNA under the alias BG James.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭JippoKelly

Being back Mideon all the way. What a talent!!!

And Bastion Booger!!

And don't forget the Mean Street Posse. I miss Rod Rageous. :(

Seriously, I'd have loved to see Bret Hart make a comeback, even as a non-wrestler. A final showdown between him Vince and Michaels would have been slick.

And I second the Ken Shamrock idea. The return of the World's Most Dangerous Man (Apart from Goldberg when he's doing doing a mule kick of course!;))

• Advertisement

And Bastion Booger!!

OMG! That name is not allowed be mentioned on any wrestling baord. :) Were trying to wipe him from our memmories.

Heres a weird fact for you Bastion Booger is the wrestler that people make in create a wrestler modes on Wrestling games more so then anyone. Terry Funk is second, for the reasons; they always seem to include Terry Funks trademark strippy pants and Bastons tit belt thing.

Euch... Ill be seeing those hairy boobs in my nightmares tonight.

Thanks man :)

Hanza

Sorry Hanza, but I had to share my pain. They say a problem shared is a problem halved. :)

Why oh why oh why oh why did they hire that guy? And then why dress him up like that?

There has been some true duds in the WWE over the years but Mr. Booger has to be up there at #1.

And what kind of depraved sickos would actually want to recreate Bastion Booger??!! And I thought people trying to make fat nude wrestlers in Smackdown were bad.

His titbelt thingy should be taken out of Smackdown TM 'When the **** hits the Fan' TM (or whatever lame title they call the next one) so nobody can recreate his horrible image and risk needing a lifetime of psychotherapy/banging your head repeatedly against a wall.

I don't think they'll ever beat WCW for The Shockmaster! Poor Fred Ottman will never live that one down.

Nero

lol

The Shockmaster

I remember him. What a talent, what a gimmick! :D

I remember seeing the tape of it a few years back. Ventura taking the living piss out the entrance during the entire match!

Ah yesh, it was indeed, the stuff of legends!
    Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Digsy

Tugboat is actually having a homosexual affair with Shane and is well in there with Vince at the moment , a Hugh return/Main Event at WM21 with HHH is already pencilled in , so i'd watch the smart comments Nero.

• Advertisement

Are you still here?
    Nero

Ah , there you are Nero .

I was wondering , what's the inpiration for your forum name ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Digsy. Whatever the f*ck your problem is get it sorted.
    Your f*ckin up these threads with stupid personal posts!

WHO WOULD YOU LIKE TO SEE BACK IN THE WWE! Thats the subject of this post.

:mad:

OK , Sorry ! , mmm let me see .... Sam Houston , he has to be due another run

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

For someone who seems to know quite a bit about wrestling, you're not treating the board very well. You've a chance to discuss wrestling here with others, but when the moderator comes along, you're going to be banned from here. Seriously, what's the point you're trying to make?

• Advertisement

I'm curious to the answer to this as well, although he's providing light entertainment for my otherwise boring workday. =D

Nero

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

I'm in agreement here. I must say that these boards are a really cool thing as it is pretty much the only place that cool stuff like wrestling and championship manager can be discussed in an irish context.
    If you get banned you'll miss having the opportunity to have your say. There is a code of conduct, not even a strict one, but one we should all abide by. I had to learn that too as people know.

As did when i got lifted out of it when I forgot to throw in a spoiler warning on one of my first posts! :)

Have to say, this forum has come a long way in recent months, i remember when it was dead!

Nero

I rememeber when it first started, it was like me, gonzo and bombidol constantly, and that was it. It has come along so much.

I was just thinking about nayone lese id like to see back, and was looking at the first IwW show. Id love to see Tatanka, even just for his killer entrance. That guy has put on so much muscle and can still move like hes on speed. He was hip tossing PN News 4 fuk sake...

Hanza

Advertisement