Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The JOKE that is eircom

Options
  • 24-02-2004 5:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭

First I did a line test - failed
    Then I voted for BB - Told me it was available

Both on the eircom web site!! see attached JPEG

Rang them to be sure - I am NOT on the exchange that the "vote for Broadband" site thinks I am.....so I cant have it and I cant vote for it!

I have Digiweb BB and am very happy with it but it leaves me worried for people that are not as fortunate....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

That doesn't mean a lot... You local exchange is fitted out for broadband all right, but somewhere along the way to your house the line is too old to hold the signal required properly.

I'm in the same situation... Whast worse is I have two friends on either side of the main line from me that can get it fine, its just the line connecting to the housing estate, which they are much less likely to replace for one customer...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

Originally posted by crawler
    I have Digiweb BB and am very happy with it but it leaves me worried for people that are not as fortunate....

That attachment of yours refers to a REVOLUTIONARY new product called Leap DSL and there's me like a gobdaw thinking they were wireless only .

Cool :)

M

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Nope - I know the exchange I am connected to and I did a MPT test myself with the local eircom engineer and it will pass - no plans to upgrade the exchange though....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭shoegirl

You're not alone. We had a case back home in Swords of a street where all houses bar one were BB ready.

Unfortunately for them, they were the ones that wanted it!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Originally posted by shoegirl
    You're not alone. We had a case back home in Swords of a street where all houses bar one were BB ready.

Unfortunately for them, they were the ones that wanted it!

Same for me in Charnwood in Bray. When Eircom got rid of the requirement for the a/c no. on the online checker, I entered all the numbers of the neighbours that I knew. About 10. 8 passed and 2 failed. The eight that passed are homes with 50+ yo homeowners whose kids are gone. The 2 that failed were myself and the other home with younger homeowners and teenagers. Funny that the 2 houses with the people who actually want broadband, who both have ISDN....failed. Both neighbours on either side of me passed. I still cant make up my mind whether I should pay them a wedge of cash for a new line from the eircom manhole at the bottom of my drive.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭The Brigadier

both of you are paying top dollar for ISDN? I "Could" see a conspiracy here..

Advertisement