Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Get me up to speed here...

Options
  • 24-02-2004 5:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭

OK I've only just (yes only just) gotten around to organising all of the comics that I got shipped over from america a few months ago, and as such I think i've missed out on a lot of stuff. I've been kinda reading most of them but I think from trying to get through numbers i'm missing out on some story line parts....

The initial questions are about the X-men

Who's this guy with the metal head thing? From what I gather he's some kind of mutant with a universe or something for a head? Or is it some kinda gas or something? I have to go through issues to see if i'm missing any tbh.

And the last I was reading, ole chuck was off somewhere in space and it was some'thing' pretending to be him back on earth? It was just after whoever it was, outted the X-men.

So is it really him back now? And if so - why can he walk? And Alex Summers is back? What's the deal there? Did they just drop the Mutant X lineage? I haven't kept an eye on that at all as it didn't interest me.

Also who's this nurse that Alex is in love with? Where did she come from? And how come Juggernaut is in the team now?!?!

Um.....what have I missed?!?!?!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

Hmm, not to sure of all of this meself, but I'll try answer what I can at least.

The metal head guy your referring to is Xorn. He's got a star for a brain, and he can heal people using the power of the star. He can do other things with it as well. He's chinese afaik, and spent most of his life in a cell till Scott convinced him that they needed his help, and he decided to leave.

Chuck can walk because Xorn when trying to heal his mind after Cassandra Nova (Xavier's twin sister) tried to take over it. Xorn also fixed his legs at the same time, whether he meant to or not.

Juggernaunt joined the team as I understand it because of a guy called Sammy. Sammy looks like a fish, but can breathe above ground. He befriends Juggy, and Cain eventually becomes a good guy. She Hulk helps in this as well if I recall correctly.

The Nurse, I can't recall her name, but she worked in a hospital, and one of the patients was in a coma. She saw an article on the news on tv about Alex being missing, and recognised the coma patient as Alex. She takes her son (who is a mutant) and Alex, and brings them to the X-Mansion. Not sure if Alex wakes up before or after she takes him, but when he does wake up, Anne (I think that's the nurses name) is attracted to him, and vice versa. Didn't know they got together.

Don't take all this as gospel mate, 'cause most of this is stuff I've garnered from previews off websites, reviews off websites, and 1 trade paper back I happened to buy that covered the Cassandra Nova conclusion. I'm still only buying the normal one's that are sold over here, which are way behind all this stuff, and even that's intermitent as I'm broke and jobless :(

Hope that helps though, and that if I'm wrong on anything, someone will correct me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭][cEMAN**

OK that makes more sense :D

It just looks like, as I got the comics in no perticular order, I may be missing some issues in between...that or like I said, I wasn't concentrating at all when reading them. Some issues feel like a bad chapter in a book. They need to be read for information but they're boring and badly written.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

i honestly havent been reading the current core x-titles as i have found them very lacklustre....just to add a couple of things onto what thesonofbattles was saying

yeh xorn was a chinese 'universe in his head' superfreak, until he turned into magneto and started wrecking the x-mansion up

the nurse is called annie, yeh her and alex fall in love -_-

the mutant x storyline was brought up in an exiles/uncanny x-men crossover where supposedly the 'evil' alex from the mutant x universe took over the 'good' alex's mind and tried to kill annie and her son...yes it was a terrible idea and made hardly any sense

other than that i think thesonofbattles has it covered :)

Advertisement