Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on recording from TV onto PC

Options
  • 24-02-2004 6:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

I'm not looking for any fancy automated PVR setup, all I'd like to do is record the occasional film or programme onto my PC to watch again.

Assuming my GF4 4400 can't accept video input, I had a look around for cheap TV tuner cards and found this:

http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=118657&view=detailed

Will this do or do I need something better? Or something different altogether? Ideally I'd like to spot a good film on TV, then watch it on the TV and also record it to the PC (at the same time). TV setup is Sky digital + a fairly modern JVC TV with lots of Scart and s-video and audio sockets and stuff. FWIW I have all the equipment necessary to display my PC video and audio outputs on my TV... now I want to do it the other way around. :) Thanks for any help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭huh!

I use a similar spec Card from Hauppage I got in PC World for €49, hooked it up to Sky box via scart and the results surprised me , It comes with its own software so you can set a timer to record, and editing software to get rid of adverts etc, I'm well impressed by the quality at the price,

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭esquier

This topic was covered previously, the general consensus is that the MSI card is crap!!.

Advertisement