Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

need help

Options
  • 23-11-2000 11:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

my q3 wont work at all it says in the start up "hunk data failed to allocate 150 megs"
    wtf do i do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

open all the cfg's in the \baseq3 folder and look for a line something like com_hunkmegs 150
    Change that to something like 50 - 80 depending on the ammount of RAM in the system.
    Hope this helps.

Jimmy...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Figment

would this work for improving performance? ive got 256 megs ram but when i run a server from my machine in the office it gets more lag than the 128 macines when they run it. Does quake detect how much ram you have or have i to tell it to use more?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,529 ✭✭✭SickBoy

You need to specify how much it should use. Its default is pretty low I think. If you have 256 use com_hunkmegs 160 that should be plenty enough and theres still 90+mgs for the OS and any backround tasks...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

i heard that com_hunkmegs should be set to 3 quarters of your RAM. so with 128 RAM, you should have 96 com_hunkmegs. but that setting was too high for me, so i use the default 64 i think...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

actually i think its 56 by default

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

You're probably better off using 80 with 128 megs, to leave a good bit for windoze and mirc or whatever.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 nDWario

sound that worked

Advertisement