Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesco to the rescue - More Cheap Fuel!

Options
  • 24-02-2004 7:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭

from indo.
    Irish consumer groups are welcoming plans by supermarket chain Tesco Ireland, to open up a number of petrol stations offering cheaper prices at the pump. It has been claimed that the average person could save up to € 5 when they fill their tanks. The Society of the Irish Motoring Industry has said the move will force the closure of small petrol stations. However Michael Kilcoyne from the Consumers Association of Ireland has dismissed this. Mr Kilcoyne has said, " consumers if they are given real value and real incentives are prepared to shop around. The euro has strengthen by 25 % against the dollar but the price of petrol has continued to rise. I believe it will give real value to the consumer."

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 662 ✭✭✭Ba$tard

Fantastic news!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,398 ✭✭✭ando

anyone notice the price of diesel has gone up 3 cents in and around finglas. used to be 69, now its 72.9

• Registered Users Posts: 65,373 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

That's good news :)

Whenever I'm around Finglas, I would fill up. The difference for me works out at up to 80 liters (my tank is 85 liter but you would never be completely empty x (what I normally pay, about 84.9 minus Tesco at 79.9) which is €4

This difference increases if you do your shopping in Tesco as well

COMPETITION IS GOOD :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Tesco are building a new store in Arklow and are supposed to be opening a service station along with it where they will sell petrol for 79 cents!! Its getting loads of opposition from local business though so Im not sure if they can go ahead with it or not! Would be great if it did though!

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭trurl

Originally posted by mike65
    from indo.

Hell o *.*

Based on the quality of the food they sell, I'd never torture my car with Tesco fuel...

My 2 fillér

Trurl

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭Jip

Originally posted by trurl
    Based on the quality of the food they sell, I'd never torture my car with Tesco fuel...

They get their petrol from Shell.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Originally posted by Jip
    They get their petrol from Shell.
    *sceptre states the obvious*

Chances are good that they don't get their food from Shell

(I don't know what kind of food you eat, trurl, but unless you like to get your milk directly ffom a cow, you'll probably find everything in Tesco that's also on sale in your magic shop)

Advertisement