Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wwe raw first event

• 24-02-2004 8:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

is the wwe event in the point going to be your first event. Its mine and was wondering what the experience is like

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭Kunst

I went to Smackdown in Oakland, California a few years ago when i was mad into it. Brilliant night, if you have a good interest in it then you will really enjoy it. bring a camera with a really good zoom though. thats the ine thing i regret not bringing

art

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Fearo

I was at the point years and years ago for the wwf. Cant really remember it, was so young!! I remember the British Bulldog being there and Jake the snake roberts!!! Im heading to wrestlemania XX in New York so Ill let ya know how that goes. Only 3 weeks to go :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 947 ✭✭✭LanceStorm

Ive been to the last two WWF shows in the point and the last WWE show in Belfast. All were fantastic experiences, not to be missed!!

Being able to get within 5 feet of an actual WWE ring before the event starts is brilliant, and getting to be so close to heroes you never thought you'd see in person is a thrill that will never leave you!!

Belfast was one of the top 3 moments of my life easily!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I've been at two WWF/WWE shows previously. If you're up close (first few rows) it'll be great seeing the wrestlers up close. If you're far away, it's just great seeing the wrestlers but after the novelty of the first few matches this'll wear off, and you'll only be waiting for your favourite wrestlers to show up then.

Match quality isn't all that good, but usually there'll be some comedic moments or high spots that'll get you into it a bit.

That's my take on it anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Was at WWE in 92 an 94 here.

Ill never forget the pop Shawn and Bret got. Bret was fighting Hakushi, beter known as Jisai Shiseki. That was great, lots of big stars at both shows. Can remeber the first one though, I remember Jake Roberts, probally cos he was so creepy. But creepy in a good way, he must have stared everyone in that audience out before he even got into the ring.

Still, I know it doesnt compare to the WWE, but being back stage at the IwW second show was the biggest buzz ive ever got from wrestling. When th crowd filled up and everyone was real excited, the electrisity was intence. I even got a pop :D I rang the bell about 20 minutes before the show began and everyone went YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHH!!! But then later on I walked into the ring post and got a ''YOU FUKD UP.... YOU FUKD UP!!!'' That was great too.... Ahhhh memories....

What where we talking about :)

Hanza

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

This event is on during my college exams but i don't care! This will be my first event and while the seats aren't the fred west it should still kick as*!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Was supposed to attend in 92 but had to pull out a week before the show.
    This is gonna be my first one as well, got stuck on tiered seating and couldn't give a rats a$$! :)

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭faithy

This is gonna be my first one as well, got stuck on tiered seating and couldn't give a rats a$$!

yeah i got stuck with that too its like the very back. i cant understand it, it costs €60 for them sh** seats.

Only cost me €50. Ah well.
    Nero

• Advertisement

where are you sitting again Nero.

By the way, who ever ordered their tickets from Ticket master by phone, did they get their tickets in the post yet, or do u have to go get them, or whats the story with cha?

:)

Hanza

Can't remember which block again, but i know it's tiered seating.
    Nero

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

Eh.....I don't know about everyone else Hanza but my tickets arrived ages ago and I did it over the phone.

Same here, they arrived within a week.
    Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 553 ✭✭✭irishman_abroad

Just looking at the seating plan again, if they bring over the ramp then those of you on the tiered seating on the stage should be really close to the top of the ramp/ pyro etc... me in 7th row ringside.

Also my first event and cant wait.

Contemplating buying the Championship belt . Sourced it in america and with delivery is bout $330 which is bout €260. from england I think the belt is around €400-€500 pre delivery, so if cheaper on the night Ill buy it there.

Oh sh1t...

Im off to ring ticket master

Hanza :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

Hmmm, I haven't received my tickets either (booked them online)

I don't think they'll be bringing a ramp or pyro over. I was at a house show in Canada last year, and they didn't have it there.

Aye, I reckon it'll be a similar bare-bones structure that WWA had in 2002.
    Nero

Advertisement