Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

games1 a public server? I don't think so

Options
  • 25-11-2000 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭

Right i was aware that there were a few ppl playin in games1 which was unusual so i decided to download mexx1 and go for a game. After spectating for a fair while and eventually getting into the game.. just b4 it started some1 asked me if i'd mind leaving to make room for some1 else... now there was no password set and it wasn't a clan match... b4 i got to answer podgeen decided to vote to kick me and next thing i know i was kicked.
    so exactly how ****in public is the server.

.logic.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

Logic should not have been kicked. He spent awhile connecting - connected, disconnected, and came back later, at which time Skelt was on. maybe skelt should have been playign - its debatable, but he definitely should not have been kicked, and 4 people voted yes immediately

• Closed Accounts Posts: 305 ✭✭Borric

Logic is right

All the irish q3 servers are ****ed up in that regard

Its no wonder no one plays on them

Ive always looked out for ppl playin server and when there is the odd time 2 or 3 ive gone for a game either...

1- To be kicked
    2- To be told to play a certain way and then when i dont being slagged off.

Its a pile of crap

If ye dont want ppl to play then password the server.

Why is it there a bunch of quake players here posting on the boards and in #quake.ie but they never play on the irish servers???

And how can new people be expected to get into the game here in Ireland when this is what happens on the servers??

Over on halflife we are always helpful and friendly to new players.(ah we're a great bunch)
    Halflife servers are always full smile.gif

is it just quake is dying or you all are a bunch of ****ers???

[This message has been edited by Borric (edited 26-11-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

Looks like Borric is trying to stir ****e.

If you are so happy with Halflife, go invent a halflife board. No need to bring up the quake is dying bit. Keep to the topic.

Well that was a helpful post

No im not tryin stir **** im just lookin for some answers.

And if you dont think im on-topic maybe you should re-read my post???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Crusader was playing, and he quit so Skelter could get in. Maybe logic was there before skelter, I honestly dont know, we were playing so u tend not to see who is speccing. Logic, the only reason that Podgeen kicked you was because when we tried to talk to u, you didnt reply.
    Skelter was trying to get in, and it looked like you just joined and tried to get in. Sorry about that.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

heh Jay there already is a halflife board
    lol

:Oj:

must be a good game so!

in answer to Borrics
    "lookin for some answers" - Borric
    , who do you expect to answer you?

Its like writing a letter to Santa....

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited 26-11-2000).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

Well thats a load of bull ****... i was on the server with 4 other ppl specing for quite a while.. i let every one else out of the four go b4 me.. when i eventually did get to join i just had time to type /rady and i saw someone (can't remeber who) say logic would u leave to let someone else one.. as i typed the letters "wh" of my reply (which was gonna be "what? is this a clan game") podgeen voted to kick me and within a second i was gone...
    This is totally unacceptable in my opinion but as killy said i'm not part of the quake community so it's just gonna be ignored. As borric said I'm a part of the half life gang and never have i seen this sort of sh|t over there. Maybe you pre madonnas should take your heads outta your silver spoon **** holes and try being nice for a change. I'm not saying all of the quake community is like this but it seems all the supposedly big names, the very guys that should be promoting the game are.

.logic.

• Advertisement

Are these my feet?

Is halflife like Barney or something?

I love you.... you love me....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Logic,

A lot of discussions on these boards go to sh1te and drift off the subject, the point of the matter is that nobody saw you speccing, we were playing, all we saw was a guy dropping to let skelter in, and you joined instead. then you didnt answer anyone when they tried to talk to u.
    I wouldnt have kicked you, but dont treat it like everyone was out to get you off the server, because they were, they were actually trying to be what they thought was fair, they thought skelter was in before you.
    It's not as big a deal as you think, ppl get fúcked off servers all the time.

increase the bus speed and up the voltage by .5?
    would that help?
    wrong topic?

about those feet, they are mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Cheers Rev.

Originally posted by Jay:
    , who do you expect to answer you?
    Someone with intelligence, so dont you worry about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Not sure if its needed but I've setup a q3a server at 194.125.76.202:27961

I'll leave it up if its wanted/used.

Advertisement