Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB and Bittorrent

• 24-02-2004 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,171 ✭✭✭✭

I just cant get bittorrent downloads to work, there is no speed whatsoever, mostly not even starting.

Has anyone else got bittorrent working with IBB or is it just my problem, ive no firewalls or anything atm at my end.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rob1891

last torrent i downloaded was a few days ago, so they usually do work.

edit: usual is your firewall forwarding the right ports etc etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

i have problems with certaion bittorrent applications

Avureus won't work at all, it sees peers/seeds after about 15 mins, but never connects. Burst sees them within 1 minute, and usualy has a few connections going after 2 minutes.

Just try different clients

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

With IBB I find that during the day you litterally get no transfers whatsoever. After about 10pm suddenly you get full speed. Seems a bit dodgy to me alright.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

My speeds are normally pretty crap if it it comes at all. Have managed to get a fair few films though. Would like to hear what sucess other people are having.

Just downloaded a torrent to test it, fast speeds (30kb/sec+). If you're having problems, just change the port bittorrent uses, or try using burst to download.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

im using a router and by default the correct ports are not open with ibb-and they wont give u the username/password for the control panel to open the ports thru ur router unless u seriously harass them.they have promised to call me back 7 times now and not.really really bad customer service-im trying burst now-ill let u know my success or not as the case may be.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

use Bittorent experimental client.
    it starts off quite slow but after 10-15 min its usually at 30-50. i usually leave it on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 696 ✭✭✭Kevok

Originally posted by gsand
    im using a router and by default the correct ports are not open with ibb-and they wont give u the username/password for the control panel to open the ports thru ur router unless u seriously harass them.they have promised to call me back 7 times now and not.really really bad customer service-im trying burst now-ill let u know my success or not as the case may be.

Ummm, did you buy the router? Then the default user name and pass should work. As far as I'm aware, IBB don't give you a router when they install.

They won't give you the username and password for your radio/internet box thingy that they installed in your house, because if you could access that, you can set your internet speed to 10mb/sec if you wanted.

However, if you actually did get a router off them (unlikely) then you have every right to change any settings on that router.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 414 ✭✭gsand

i did buy the router from them and as far as im concerned its stupid that they sell me a router,make money on it and then dont allow me to access the basic settings and actually use the thing properly.they came over, installed it and left without giving me the username and password,the default ones dont work and it wont return to factory settings. theyve promised to ring me back about 7 times and havnt.i think they are mad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

They won't give you the username and password for your radio/internet box thingy that they installed in your house, because if you could access that, you can set your internet speed to 10mb/sec if you wanted.

They told me that the speed allowance was set at the other end. I vaguely remember seeing that my radio was set at 3Mb/s but I sure wasn't getting that speed.

Mutant_Fruit, should I just open up loads of ports to get a better speed?

open the port ranges you've set bittorrent to use and it should be fine. Make sure you can accept incoming connections as well as outgoing for bittorrent.

Advertisement