Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

to get this kinda **** on q3 servers - sad stuff :/

Options
  • 26-11-2000 1:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

This here took place on games1.iol.ie, I think that no one should have to put up with this kind of thing on Quake servers. Read it yourself :/

nDJay: ronan dya want anything from the chinese
    nDZero: no way, chinese is **** muck food
    nDBunny: chicken balls
    bio*m1rv: hm
    bio*m1rv: rather cliched
    ]FH[-Killy: lol
    nDZero: bunny
    nDZero: is it true that all those cooks jerk off into the food?
    bio*m1rv: zero
    bio*m1rv: why do you have to be annoying?
    bio*m1rv: and heavily prejudiced

It's not rarely I hear m1rv saying something like that, it may some hypocritical but he's never taken a personal digz at someone in a racist way ever since i've known him for the past 9 months. He's been childish yah, I think being 14 or whatever grants him that right ... but that sorta comment is just plain low, it stinks, it was unwarranted.

Zero you've gone on spiels before about how if m1rv acted the tit he'd be banned from the Irish community. That there was an example of you egging him on with a racial slur directed at his family probably in the hope he'd get ****ed off and act like he can...

I just think that was something low to say frown.gif and it displays kind of double standards ... I think you should retract those comments and apologise to him.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,372 ✭✭✭Illkillya

ya, its true - that bit doesn't seem to bad, but Zero - i've seen you say worse racist stuff about him in IRC. i know he's a total muppet usually on the servers, even tho he was sound this today, but some of the stuff you say is very offensive. i remember one incident ages ago (i have a good memory smile.gif)where you said some nasty racist stuff. its obvious that you two don't like each other, and i remember what you were saying b4 about when you threatened to ban m1rv from the irish community becuase of him being impolite to x0n.
    Logic1 was treated today in exactly the same was x0n was from what I gather. becuase he's not an old quaker, he's a HL player, there will be no fuss.

m1rv is 14 - what age are you? would you consider saying racist stuff like you have b4 to him if you met him in real life?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 411 ✭✭Jay

Hahaha, come on lads.

He was making a reference to any chinese restaurant. We have all heard the urban legends.

It wasn't aimed at Mirv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

oh for fúck sake.
    Jeff asked me if i wanted anything from the chinese, I said that chinese food is **** and the cooks jerk off into the food, which it is in the majority of places.
    Jesús call me a racist if you like, I would have said it whether mirv was there or not, chinese food is horrible. Trust me, with a mouth like mine, if I wanted to be racist, I would have said stuff a hell of a lot worse than that. I can throw a few examples up here if you like, but Im fúcked if Im apologising for stating the fact that the Castletroy chinese is a pile of shít.

Originally posted by m1ke:

FH[-Killy: lol

Killy you thought it was right funny then....

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

You say the majority of Chinese restaurants jerk off into the food what about the ones who don't ?
    that's just like say hmm theres a few irish muppets are on a hmm french server and they act the muppet
    they are going to think of all those Irish people are Muppets ?

btw those restaurantswouldn't be open if the health was that bad..

:Oj:

in the end.. I'm the last one standing.

• Advertisement

nDJay: ronan dya want anything from the chinese
    nDZero: no way, chinese is **** muck food
    nDBunny: chicken balls
    Hahaha, come on lads.
    He was making a reference to any chinese restaurant. We have all heard the urban legends.
    It wasn't aimed at Mirv.

bio*m1rv: hm
    bio*m1rv: rather cliched
    ]FH[-Killy: lol
    Here is where i laughed at m1rv's response to a friendly joke - nothing was aimed at m1rv at this point, exactly what Jay said. Yes Zero, I thought that was funny.

nDZero: bunny
    nDZero: is it true that all those cooks jerk off into the food?
    that sounds to me like it was aimed at m1rv - not funny, not particularly racist, urban myths tho? lol jay?

bio*m1rv: zero
    bio*m1rv: why do you have to be annoying?
    bio*m1rv: and heavily prejudiced
    what was your response to that Zero?
    "Prejudiced is a big word for such a small boy" - ya, it was aimed at m1rv alright, don't bother saying it wasn't. This was hardly racism - just Zero being gay, more a form of bullying than anything, not serious i admit - but you see how m1rv reacted to it. You have threatened to ban m1rv from the irish community for less (as if u could :P)

When people are mocking koopa or someone - racist jokes, but they're in good humour becuase they're friends. this is a completely different situation. One thing Zero said before on IRC stuck with me, not because its a really bad thing to say, but because of the way it affected m1rv, something like "m1rv, one of your cousins broke one of my dishes yesterday"

You don't have to apologise, but everyone can see that you were actually being racist, and it was not in a good humored way

Ah lads, just get over it and stop trying to be righteous.

Its a case of a mountain being made of a mole hill.

Jesús fúcking christ, I better start calling black people "ethnically challenged" in case all you righteous fúckers jump on me again. If I wanted to be racist I could throw a hundred fúcking horrible statements up here, I made a joke about chinese food after a few pints coz m1rv was there, and now, after a few more, I'm reading this bullshít and it's sad enough to make anyone puke. shutup already, Jésus, shower of fúcking altar-boys here.

Mike, just delete the post. You've made your point. I don't think Mirv needs people to stand up for him.

[This message has been edited by Jay (edited 26-11-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Originally posted by Illkillya:

When people are mocking koopa or someone - racist jokes,

I think this is being Racist towards Sam.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭logic1

I don't think the post should be deleted or you should even ask mike to delete the post. If someone saw this as a big enough issue to bring up then leave it up and let people have their say.
    Personally I think that if ye knew mirv and were friends with him then there wouldn't be any trouble over a statement like this. It basically boils down to (as far as i can gather) that ye don't get along so saying something like this would only serve to fuel a fight...
    maybe a small bit of fore thought just to avoid fu*king each other off would be an idea.

.logic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

Mike, just delete the post. You've made your point. I don't think Mirv needs people to stand up for him.
    I dont think Zero needs you standing up for him.
    Though I suppose killy doesnt need me standing up for him smile.gif
    quozl

Originally posted by Zero:
    I'm reading this bullshít and it's sad enough to make anyone puke. shutup already, Jésus, shower of fúcking altar-boys here.

what part in particular are you having trouble with Zero? maybe you shouldn't post after so many pints, because a moderator should not be that insulting to people on his own board.
    Originally posted by Jay:
    why delete the post? i think m1rv deserves an apology. i'm this ****ed off at zero and his arrogant responses, i can only imagine how angry m1rv is.
    btw, Jay... maybe Zero doesn't need people to stand up for him

Well, I am not standing up for Zero, I am just posting my opinion as ye are. I could say the reverse, and that ye are standing up for mirv and mike.
    I just took the whole incident as a joke.

I know if I was on the receiving end of a smart comment, I wouldn't want people posting messages to the boards standing up for me and making a big deal about it. Just put yourself in the position.

Anyway, you are entitled to your opinion, and I am only thinking of Mirv when I say delete the post.

Why do we need to have one of these threads that go onto 50 billion posts and then get deleted or locked after all that?

Maybe Mirv should come along and say whether he wants an apology or not.

Enough already.

something like "m1rv, one of your cousins broke one of my dishes yesterday"
    [/b]
    LOl eek.gif
    rofl
    haha
    funny.

[This message has been edited by podgeen (edited 26-11-2000).]

Podgeen, you rascist fúck!
    You are going straight to hell......along with all those murderers in Brazil who butcher 100 acres of rainforest EVERY day.....

your calling me rascist!!
    i feel sorry for m1rv and the way you are treating him and his family. I dont think it is right, nor fair. Leave the rainForest out of this......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 359 ✭✭m1RV

Zero, I want an apology, I have been put through utter and oversized amounts of grief with you , and the only reason I wouldnt post myself was that you would probably just delete this post on-sight.

One thing Zero said before on IRC stuck with me, not because its a really bad thing to say, but because of the way it affected m1rv, something like "m1rv, one of your cousins broke one of my dishes yesterday"

It was "m1rv, one of your cousins burnt my dinner yesterday"

Castor, u only come on this board to make one of your fag little shinji-style comments, píss off like a good little man.

M1ke/Killy/M1rv, I am not apologising for some stupid comment made about fúcking chinese food. Rascist my ar$e, whatever tiny hint was in the remark I made was too insignificant to be taken up as anything more than just that, except of course by the few little angels we have flitting around the quake servers doing God's will.
    God forbid M1rv made a comment about Irish Stew in front of me, or I'd be off to the nearest phone calling the Samaritans.
    As someone so helpfully pointed out earlier, I am a moderator, so if there are any more examples of how I hate chinese, jews, protestants or blacks, put them in here fast, because I'm closing this stupid thread.

• Advertisement

Isnt locking this thread just a perfect solution for you to cover this up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

the post was about abuse generally being dished out on quake servers.

You've used some very primary school excuses to stand behind the comments you made in FULL ****ing knowledge it would **** off someone... and thats what you wanted the comment to achieve.

All I can say is it's a shame you're a moderator/server admin ... lock this post I suppose ..

you totally unbiased moderator with sound judgement.

More like someone with a big mouth who's managed to get into the 3l33t cliche so you can dish out abuse when u feel like it and make other peoples enjoyment on servers, boards etc... terrible.

Didn't think you'd resort to **** like this I just thought u'd be man enuff to say... "I said something stupid, i'm sorry ... i really didn't mean it that way"

- Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,972 ✭✭✭SheroN

/me dries the tears from the face of a bitter quake community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Zero:
    Castor, u only come on this board to make one of your fag little shinji-style comments, píss off like a good little man.

What a pity I'm white, or else maybe you could think up some really clever slag to throw at me :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭walt

HAHAHAHAHHAHA
    This is so funneh, Zero slags a chinese restaurant and gets boiled for it. What's the story like, is this little episode just an excuse for people who dislike Zero to jump on the bandwagon and get a dig in. WTF is this ****e

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Zero, in all fairness, get off your high horse. Take a step back and look at what your are saying.

So far you have insulted pretty much everyone you can insult, you have accused others of being righteous, you have threatened others if they have thrown insults around (obviously i dont agree with others insulting ppl either), and you have been condescending towards people that I know personally, and are a hell of a lot more enlightened in their conduct in this virtual community.

You are what age again zero? Twenty something? A lot more than fourteen anyway.

Would you make that comment about chinese cooks jerkin off into food in front of your mother? Just out of curiousity like. I know I wouldnt.
    I am not apologising for some stupid comment made about fúcking chinese food
    Yes it was stupid Zero. And would have been seen as such if you hadnt antagonised the situation by sitting on your high horse.

You were wrong. Not a big deal. Shouldnt even be a deal, except you decided to insult everyone and claim you were innocent of 'intent'.

And by the way...
    Castor, u only come on this board to make one of your fag little shinji-style comments, píss off like a good little man
    Where does shinji come into this?
    so if there are any more examples of how I hate chinese, jews, protestants or blacks, put them in here fast,
    I think u just insulted gays with you comment towards Castor and Shinji:P

Im just pointing out the obvious Zero.
    I bet you would be pretty píssed off to back down at this stage ya?
    It takes a bigger man to admit when he's wrong. What are you going to do tho?
    Throw another insult?
    Close the topic?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭MindPhuck

Ahh lads,

Ive read an awefull lot of sh1te in my life on these boards (i posted a fair bit of it myself smile.gif ). This takes the crown prize for muppetry.

M1ke, you should know much better than this. People can misread anything on irc/net.. whatever. You have the maturity to know that comments on some chinese shop has no regard or reflection to Ming and for you to actually bring it up only brings more pain to a situation.

Ming, nobody was insulting you, your race or your family. Your insecure and I can understand if people gave you grief cos of they way you react sometimes. You have some issues to deal with. But don't take people calling you names personal it only leads to futher tension. Being a witty young chap, you should be well able to stand up for yourself and throw the insults back.

Zero, your loadmouthed oafish wording getting you canned again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

zero what are u on about
    chinese food is f ucking lovley!!!

Originally posted by MindPhuck:
    Ive read an awefull lot of sh1te in my life on these boards (i posted a fair bit of it myself smile.gif ). This takes the crown prize for muppetry.

Mindphuck, I wouldn't expect this from you except that you're friends with Zero. This is total hypocrisy on your part. I hope you don't mind me quoting your column on challenge-ie http://challenge-ie.com/columns/mindphuck/
    Text can be a powerful form of communication and it can be percieved in many fashions. When we read what people write, it can be so much more than just words, it can also be.. just words on a screen. Some people can be blinded for the human instinct called love when people say they love you over the internet, have a think first. How can I end this without sounding like Jerry Springer, except, just be carefull.

i don't know what all that ****e about love is about, but its clear that Zero has deliberately said stuff to m1rv on a few occasions, i prolly shouldn't be quoting so much from outside this thread, but sure, if ye won't listen to what everybody has already said, i might as well make it clearer.
    Mirv, you are a spoilt little fukking brat, and Warhog, I never even heard of you. It's people like you lads that bring down the whole Irish community. Do you know why the total amount of Irish Q3 players is around 35 people? Because when new people get on and try to learn they get pi$$ed off with little prepubescent virgin fags like you lads taking the mick out of them. X0n was one of the leading Q1 players in the country in the earlier days of Irish Quake, and is back now trying to learn Q3 and get pretty good again. Who the fukk do you think you are?
    That kind of behaviour won't be tolerated, we will fukk you lads off the servers if you carry on like that again, and if you were on a team with me, I'd fukk you off that too. Grow up or get the fukk out of Irish Quake3 because we don't want little ****ers like you lads bringing the game down to your level.
    Zero.
    Here is Zero acting like a **** towards m1rv. As I said before, Zero has said things on IRC to m1rv that are not only offensive, but also hurtful to a 14 year old who is so committed to Irish quake. This incident, as you said Mindphuck is fairly minor, but it is clear that Zero is caught up in trying to mock and belittle m1rv whenever he gets the chance.

when someone takes offense like that at something i say, i will always apologise, even if i can't see why they took offense. The fact that m1ke posted here shows how offended m1rv was.
    He could have given some sort of apology: "i'm sorry m1rv, i didn't think you would take offense at what i sed, i'll try to be more careful in future"
    instead he laughed at him, insulted a lot of people on the boards, and got his friends to do the same.

• Advertisement

(sigh).....
    M1rv, I dont like you, and enjoy annoying you the same way I know you enjoy getting at me. Anyone who took that seriously needs to sit back and calm the fúck down, because it was nothing, but if you DID take it up the wrong way, well then I actually DO apologise, because I am not a racist, and my not backing down is not because of any high horse or not admitting anything, it's because I think Killy and M1ke were talking sh!te.
    And someone else can close the topic, because if I do, it only gives ppl something else to talk about.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement