Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

to get this kinda **** on q3 servers - sad stuff :/

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

That wasnt so hard now was it?
    I dont think anyone really rekons your a racist zero, but, much like your parting shots at mike and killy, you do have a tendancy to say the unnecessary.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

some good points made here, it's exposed that the log I posted had more behind it then it's simple face value. Killy exposed that in an excellent post and now everyone knows the deal ... Zero apologised for his comment if it did insult people :/

I think it's sorted now tbh, well it's as sorted as it's ever going to get, obviously ther'll always be bickering ........

Anyway i've a short memory when it comes to **** like this, infact behind, forgotten ... what was that ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 cannibal

mud sticks as usual

grow up and act your age Zero.

cannibal

I retract my comments after taking a little time to read all the posts

this still shouldnt happen on servers, especially race abuse.. its not a nice thing to do neither a clever thing to do

cannibal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

When is this coming out as a three part mini-series on sky ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

[17:40] *** illkillya has joined #bio
    [17:40] <illkillya> HAHA
    [17:40] <illkillya> WE WON!!!!
    [17:40] <illkillya> ZERO APOLOGISED :d
    [17:40] <illkillya> well played leds
    [17:40] *** illkillya has left #bio

podgeen: are you just stirring up trouble until the **** hits the fan?

hmm pathetic

cannibal

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Zero:

And someone else can close the topic, because if I do, it only gives ppl something else to talk about.

oh go on, I for one certainly won't think any the less of you for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Its nice to see the Quake board degenerate into the depths again. (Sarcasm btw).

Personally I think rascism should be stamped out at every opportunity then again I do not think the comment that Zero made on its own is that bad. But considering the history behind it I just think Zero is been childish here. Zero what bloody age are you??? Your suppost to be one of the "icons" of the Quake movement here in Ireland. You talk about this m1rv character giving Irish Quake a bad name, the only person I see giving the Quake scene a bad name is you. Jesus didn't you nearly get the Quake boards shut down before with your comments. Nice to see you learnt your lesson. Start using the grey matter and think before you talk (or type).

I suppost you'll come back with a smart comment like "Gandalf your just lame...blah blah blah" or maybe call me a fag like you did Castor.

Just fukkin grow up lad.

Gandalf.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭Sonic

omg ppl overeacting over this small thing blowing it all out of proportion, look if its any consolation the chinese which the lads are refering to in castletroy can be mank at times ok all the time even, i couldnt give the slightest **** about this topic but im bored so ill post !!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

1. Comment was made, offence was taken whether intended or not.

2. Comment was apologised for.

3. Sort it out at Trinlan smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭El_Presidente

Pure Codology

*I would like to comment further but first I must consult my legal team*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,074 ✭✭✭damo

I'd like to hear DeV's opinion.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,438 ✭✭✭TwoShedsJackson

Originally posted by Zero:
    I said that chinese food is **** and the cooks jerk off into the food, which it is in the majority of places.

Bit of a twat, aren't you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,039 ✭✭✭Vorosha

I'm trying to word this so it clearly shows just how ignorant m1ke, Ikillya and anyone else who agreed with them are. I think Zero is a complete díck for apologising, you are such a díck Zero. With my impressive(nerds) nearing 1000 posts I have never read anything of such a shítty magnitude. I swear.

Please do not think I am pro-racism. Please do no think too hard at all. Please just re-read what you have all written or already read. My post here is to do with how ill mannered and obviously lost you people are.

I think you should both (m1ke,ikillya) be banned from the Quake Community and Real-Life(tm)(i.e. prison?). M1ke for being 'too questionable to partake (this post made my mind boggle...it almost boggled out of my head EEK!)' and Ikillya for being a righteous gay basher.

Let me remind you two that I have never ever read something like this. What would you call it? Mal-education. Something. Eh, your parents fault? I dunno, why are you like this? What went wrong in your brain/life? Seriously...

Also,
    ctroy
    revhell
    canabil
    paladin
    gandalf
    skyclad

does this list not say anything?

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭BossArky

mild lol verging on rofl smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 392 ✭✭Skyclad

Vorosha, Zero didnt apologise to mirv for not liking him, he apologised for making a comment that was apparently taken by some to be racist, including mirv.

Now I wont call you a racist because my mal-educated and ignorant brain/life thats gone wrong wouldnt like to think that hard, but so far youve called Zero a "complete dick" for apologising for a comment that was taken as racist by some.

So Vorosha, do you think that if such a comment is made by anyone at any time, it should be apologised for? Because thats what Zero did, and respect is due for it.

Dave
    (who doesnt have to insult people to try and make a point)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Pah,

Sensitivity like this gives even muppetry a bad name.

Maybe we should have an under-18s Q3 server, where all the models are replaced with teletubbies, and you can run around the levels handing out flowers to one another.

(Watch out! He's got Quad-Love Buttercups!!!)

Anyone who thinks that this thread makes sense, probably cried at the end of "Lassie come home". I wouldn't expect this kind of pre-pubescent b1tchiness from primary school girls.

Ronan is not racist, he treats everyone with equal contempt. He is however, a complete tosser. If you want to voice your distaste of him, at least have a decent reason for doing so (like the fact that he's a nerdy scobe with bad breath).

If you're going to get all offended by some throw away statement, then it's probably a good idea to unplug your PC from the phone line and hide under the bed, because otherwise you're going to spend the rest of your life under (imaginary) racist attack. Whatever you do, don't read any newsgroups, because the emotional damage it would do to you may be irreversible.

I could sit here, and browse my IRC logs, and "find" hundreds of "racist slurs", if I really tried. I could then post them all out, demanding apologies for every single one of them. But I'm not a complete knobhead, so I won't.

If you actually believe that you've been the victim of a racist slur, then E-Mail his ISP and complain. I'll bet they laugh their ar$es off at you, and tell you to run along.

PS, Zero, can I have my pillowcase with the eye-holes back? You've had it ages.

smile.gif <-- Big smiley to make everything all right again.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

Originally posted by Skyclad:
    Vorosha, Zero didnt apologise to mirv for not liking him, he apologised for making a comment that was apparently taken by some to be racist, including mirv.

Thanks for pointing that out. It is quite clear from my post that I thought Zero apoligised to m1rv for not liking him, so thank god you stepped in and corrected me.
    ...but so far youve called Zero a "complete dick" for apologising for a comment that was taken as racist by some.

...but so far you've said nothing but explained my post in your own muddled words.
    So Vorosha, do you think that if such a comment is made by anyone at any time, it should be apologised for?

I would love to make sense of that question and then answer it accordingly but I can't seem to. Some how I don't think it is I who is at fault.

Daire
    (who at least makes a point AND dishes out insults where insults are due)

Vorosha can you actually expalin what you are trying to say with this comment....
    Also,
    ctroy
    revhell
    canabil
    paladin
    gandalf
    skyclad

does this list not say anything?

Sorry if I am not on your wavelenght !!!

Gandalf.

• Advertisement

It's a question, hence the question mark.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

Originally posted by Jaden:
    Pah,
    I could then post them all out, demanding apologies for every single one of them. But I'm not a complete knobhead, so I won't.

so, you're saying m1ke is a complete knobhead? smile.gif

[This message has been edited by ButcherOfNog (edited 27-11-2000).]

• Registered Users Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Jaden

Erm, no.

Hail To The King, Baby.

Jaden.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭BogOak

Daire...why are you getting involved in this? Come on. AND you're wrong.
    Please don't ask me why I read this whole thing and why I felt it neccessary to bring my vast weight to bear on proceedings, just let the peons continue their debate which, completely corrupt and hypocritical on both sides, should concern you not in the least.

And remember:
    I'm as hard as steel, as black as coal and I've been in the bog a thousand year.

BogOak

Yes I realise that its a Question Vor but the way you phrased it suggested you already had an answer. Please let us know what your conclusion is from that Question smile.gif

I await your response with baited breath.

Gandalf.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

Damo: I cant imagine why you want to hear my opinion. I've only just noticed this thread.

Here goes:
    Zero has a fat mouth. Oh My God. News at 11.
    Does this really surprise anyone? Zero has been offending people (myself included) since I've met him and before (Zero's News anyone?)

I also happen to know that once you back off and stop getting all Uh-uh about it Zero will also calm down and see the right thing to do.

I dont think its racist, however I do think it was insensitive. Theres a grey line between the two and everyone draws it in different places.

This whole thread isnt about racism tho, it appears to be about personal politics and the usual suspects posting their usual posts. (cf: Vorosha and his usual ****e, Damo casually asking what my opinion is, pro-Zero people, anti-Zero people etc.)

About the only person really who has broken the mold is Jaden, who has clashed with Zero before but posted his views as he saw them.

Unless anyone has anything further to add in the next 48 hours, I'm going to close this thread myself.

Tom.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭Canaboid

The inclusion of the word "not" renders the question rhetorical which would suggest you already have the answer Vorosha.
    Back of the class, turn your desk around and wear this pointy hat.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭BogOak

canaboid, your ignorance astounds and of course boggles(omyghod). consider the question: "are you not coming out tonight?". admittedly it's form is forced and certainly couldn't be considered perfect english but to claim that it didn't expect an answer/response is very unthinking of you. stand in the corner while i beat you.

BogOak's lovebough.

i am tom murphy on-line. i am devore on-line.
    i am tom murphy in real-life. i am devore in real-life.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Yup_Yup

lads lads lads

I leave ya alone for a couple of weeks and this is what happens. Tut Tut shame on you all. Personly I think that freedom of speech is important in Quake and on the Internet. We have the politicly correct world for going around telling people what they want to hear. General abuse and muppetry I dont agree with but if someone starts slagging they should take what is coming to them. I know that if I feel the need to make any comment as a reply to a muc savage gee bag I will and if people dont like it they can kiss my ass.(although some of you might like that)We are not in the schoolground now. We are all big boys and can decide for ourselves. people getting banned because of slagging. Puh. We are not playing tiddley winks here. Quake is born on Voilence. People should stop over reacting and stop blaming Zero for fuggin nothing and get a life.

Baz
    (The Peoples Champion)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement