Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Exiles forum, should we have one ?..

Options
  • 24-02-2004 10:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,797 ✭✭✭

We all know someone who has emigrated, become an exile. They can become lonely, lose touch with their roots, families, friends, etc.

I feel sure that a lot of Irish citizens living abroad already read and contribute too various Boards.ie forums. I am also aware that a number of websites exist which are attempting to cater for our exiles on a 'stand alone' basis, but I feel that none of them fully satisfy the needs of our exiles in the way that an 'Exiles Forum' on Boards.ie could, due imho too the diversity of the membership on Boards.

So, I am suggesting that provided it has not been proposed before. That an - Exiles forum, might prove interesting, educational and humane. As the Irish are spread throughout the world and Boards.ie is a real Irish multi-subject website based here in Ireland.

Anyone agree/ Disagree ?..
    P. :ninja:
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭Exit

I can only speak for myself here, but I actually came across boards.ie while I was away for a bit, and the site as a whole helped me to keep up with what was going on in Ireland. I don't think a particular forum would help that much in keeping up with current events.

Anyway, isn't the Abroad forum similar to the idea of an Exiles forum?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

I agree..... with exit.

John

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

I would also think the Abroad forum would cover it, and from the looks of the forum it's not all that busy
    also
    I would think that if you were abroad you would just come on boards to surf and see how things are doing back home by going through all the other forums.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

As someone who is currently in exile I agree with Exit and Beruthiel.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Abroad would appear to cover this and I don't think it's all that busy :/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

I agree with everyone.

Except Paddy20.

Abroad should do the job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

No.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

I disagree

to the original proposition herein proposed thusly.

Surely boards.ie is one big exile source pool.?(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

What Truckle said.

Advertisement