Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible Nokia 3200 at good price.

• 25-02-2004 1:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭

Hey quick question for you guys,

I got a text from O2 and Miller saying I can get a Nokia 3200 for 195euro and that they only have 500 in stock. Is this really a bargain or not?

Cheers :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

I got the same text, them 3200 are ugly phones anyhow, the worst thing about the phone is the keypad, two digits on each key, I've heard its very hard to text with them.

In the text it says that the phones are reduced from €259 to €195 (+P&P) with €70 call credit, I was walking by an Xtravision store this morning and they have the phone for €195, I think thats with either Meteor or 02.
    Exclusive from Miller O2 Nokia 3200 Camera phone was e259 now e195 + P&P e70 call credit,500 only.Txt Miller & ur name to 51123 stndrd rate txt T&Cs 18 s Pims.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭chabsey

If you can get an upgrade (on pay as you go) for that price then yes it is a bargain.

Having recently spent a few days trying to get a 3200 I can reliably tell you that only Xtravision have them for 200 euros. Everywhere else sells them for between 240-260 (for an upgrade) and some places will pricematch but here's the catch...they'll only pricematch if the shop they call has them in stock. Xtravision have NO 3200s (upgrades) in stock right now.

I bought a 3200 from Xtravision and had to return it cause it was a first-time connection not an upgrade.

On that point actually, a word of warning about returning phones to Xtravision. They refused to take the product back at first, claiming that I had opened the package. I had to draw the comparision of buying a DVD and finding the wrong disc inside, the only way to know you'd bought the wrong product was by opening it!

Anyway, then they refused to refund the credit card saying they'd have to return the phone to head office and send a cheque to me in 2 or 3 weeks!!!!

After a serious amount of hassle they finally refunded the card and it took all of 30 seconds!

Anyway...I'm still in the market for a 3200 so my question is this....what do you mean by Miller, and where can I get me one of those phones for 195?

I wonder how much they charge for P&P?

If I reply to that txt then am I asking for spam forever more I wonder.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

teh 3200 has gone down in price with 02 to 199

http://web.o2.ie/portal/jsp/action/viewProps.jsp?model=nokia3200

I rang my local 02 shop (coolock) and they have it for 199 upgrade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 429 ✭✭WezzyB

I'd say so, I did register for some txt thing with Miller b4 so I'm not bothered by the fact that they sent me this txt but I've recieved other txts from Pims.

Last week I got one from them about Tickets for the Brazil Match I tried ringing their 'unsubscribe' number and got an answering machine, I would have prefered to talk to someone, but I guess that must me a ploy on their part:dunno:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

this is probably off-topic, but;
    having worked for xtravision before i would never buy a phone there myself. the returns policy for phones is extremely restrictive, which i gather is an arrangement between the company and the three networks- they will only refund phones under extremely limited circumstances, even if they're faulty- it has to be within a certain time-frame (i think it's 28 days)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

http://www.vodafone.ie/onlinestore/product.jsp?cat=ftc-phones&productId=11284

says 179 euro if you buy online

FREE delivery within 48 hours for all online purchases.

All prices include VAT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

I bought a 3200 from Xtravision and had to return it cause it was a first-time connection not an upgrade.

Thay can be unlocked - in seconds - via codes freely available on the net.

tribble

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,429 ✭✭✭weemcd

i know the buttons look weird, but within a day using the phone is completly natural i find other phones hard to use afer changing to the 3200 :D

Originally posted by tribble
    Thay can be unlocked - in seconds - via codes freely available on the net.

tribble

The reason we wanted an upgrade and not a first time connection was for the free credit. Not sure if unlocking a first-time would give you the same free credit as an upgrade, or even if you could do that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,503 ✭✭✭Makaveli

Originally posted by beardedchicken
    this is probably off-topic, but;
    having worked for xtravision before i would never buy a phone there myself. the returns policy for phones is extremely restrictive, which i gather is an arrangement between the company and the three networks- they will only refund phones under extremely limited circumstances, even if they're faulty- it has to be within a certain time-frame (i think it's 28 days)

Wouldn't that affect your statutory rights?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭tribble

The reason we wanted an upgrade and not a first time connection was for the free credit. Not sure if unlocking a first-time would give you the same free credit as an upgrade, or even if you could do that
    Ah, fair enough. No the free credit is usually associated with the handset.

tribble

Advertisement