Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Project

Options
  • 25-02-2004 2:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭

Ok, got a 92 sierra sitting in a yard, and am thinking of maiking a project out of it.

I am in the south east (carlow) and i am looking for info on any good scrap years, garage's and web sites to start.

have ideas of what i want to do, the typical, lower it, prob try and get a cossie body kit, alloys, intererior. I aint driving it atm, and therefore aint in any hurry, so i am going to be searching out the least expensive parts i can find, hence looking for the scrap yards etc.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭trurl

Originally posted by Wanton
    Ok, got a 92 sierra sitting in a yard, and am thinking of maiking a project out of it.

I am in the south east (carlow) and i am looking for info on any good scrap years, garage's and web sites to start.

have ideas of what i want to do, the typical, lower it, prob try and get a cossie body kit, alloys, intererior. I aint driving it atm, and therefore aint in any hurry, so i am going to be searching out the least expensive parts i can find, hence looking for the scrap yards etc.

any info would be greatly appreciated.

Get the Performance Ford magazine, it has loads of ads about modders, parts etc (I'm sure it's much cheaper if you take the ferry, and drive around in Wales a bit, that get the parts here - see http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?forumid=235.) Then I'd subscribe to some of the Ford newsgroups and forums, I'm sure somebody already did what you're going to do, and will have some advice. Finally, don't forget to post some pics when you're finished:-)

Trurl

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

Well its going to be a slow one, cant afford to just shell out a load of cash on it atm

but if/when its done i will definitly post the pics

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 585 ✭✭✭Wanton

ok, trul, just noticed, that link brings me to the rip off ireland section, cant see anything in there of use, but thx anyway.

next question is, any1 know any1 that deals in diesel engines?(again in the south east), yes it is a big old 1.8td, and no i have no plans to change it atm, too much money, will be happy with a look alike for now.

Advertisement