Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ffx-2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

it works fine on the pc the major problems that have occured with FF XI have been related to the online nature of the game which will occur regardless of the platform you play it on. there is also the added expense of playing it on the playstation as to obtain FF XI you have to buy the playstation hard drive, or if you buy the hard drive FF XI comes with it, i presume this may be a bit dearer then just getting the pc game which can be got for €50

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

The one advantage that I can see with playing ffxi on ps2 is that you'll be able to lie on your couch (or bed) while playing it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

Data is right!!

FFXI plays brilliant on the PC. I have my set up to play like the ps2 version. I use my dual shock controller to move him. Plus with the ps2 version you'll need a keyboard aswell.

Originally posted by rcunning03
    The one advantage that I can see with playing ffxi on ps2 is that you'll be able to lie on your couch (or bed) while playing it.

perhaps but its not as much as an advantage as you think, as you do need the keyboard, your are more often then not typing, if you form a party it can take a lot of communication and stuff like, its a very different game then any other FF, X-2 included, i know i'm biased due to the format i have it on but if i was given a choice of a pc game or a console game i say i'd take the pc game 9/10 unless it was a really crappy port or something.

mohaa looks crap on ps2, and i have nfsu on the pc and the difference is quite noticeable as well, i suppose i didn't put this 9800 pro in the for the good of its health

I have to get broadband anyway, but I've had a few problems with Eircom, so I'd have to get it through the folks account. My pc seems to be really messed up and I have only about 2 games that play well on it. I got it a year ago and it was pretty good spec but I'm just sick of having problems with it and by the time I'll be sorting out broadband ffxi probably will be out on ps2.

With some games the sound goes crazy (I don't have internet access at home and can't download in college, so I can't update drivers), other games you can't fix the resoulution so the screen is warped, but what really annoyed me is that after playing ffvii for 5 hours it crashes at the chocobo races and I can't go any further.

PS2 you stick a game in and play it, no praying that everthing gets installed correctly or a whole host of other problems don't happen. The PC tends to have better games and my spec would be better than a ps2 (when it works correctly) but I'm just sick of all the problems.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 590 ✭✭✭regeneration

Originally posted by rcunning03
    Pffh, clearly this man has never invested in some comfy PC-ing chairs ...
    ahhhhhhhhhh
    *loafs*
    I think it looks pretty cool, I'll buy the first volume anyway see what it's like.
    Hmm I've been toyign with the idea myself, but user/fan reviews sway from "this rocks" to "this is just pokamon style kiddy show" so Im not convinced. Though it would only be about 15 euro to get ...

Hmm I've been toyign with the idea myself, but user/fan reviews sway from "this rocks" to "this is just pokamon style kiddy show" so Im not convinced. Though it would only be about 15 euro to get ...

The reviews on Amazon.co.uk generally seem to be more favourable than on Amazon.com, but let's be honest, can you honestly say you've never watched yu-gi-oh, zoids, batman of the future etc. For me, nothing beats a good spliff followed by ulysses-31.

Also looking forward to spirited away on DVD (29 March).

They all suck - we all know that the be-all and end-all of cartoon brilliance is the powerpuff girls :D

Powerpuff girls, seen it a couple of times, very confused after watching it.

Final fantasy xii looks pretty cool (Japanese site)

http://www.ff12.com/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

the sequel to ffvii is a cg movie called final fantasy: advent rising(or advent children). it's set two years after the game, and yes cloud is in it. it's due to be released on dvd in japan this summer.

• Advertisement

It's Advent Children- it also features Barret if you watch the trailers, along with the famous shot of Sephiroth in the flames, and another bit at the end featuring aeris. Looks the daddy.
    Set 2 years after the events of FF7; Cloud I think has come back from being in hiding, and there's a disease ravaging the lands iirc. There's lots of suggestions of more children of Jenova and a hooded figure which I think is Rufus...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

Originally posted by Retr0gamer
    Just started playing chrono trigger because of the disappointment of FFX-2 :D

I didn't do as well as I should have in my leaving Cert because of FFVII. However FFVII was more important than any exam :ninja:

You legend! If it's anywhere near as good as CT it'll be the second best game ever :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

what!

CT > CC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

Originally posted by regeneration
    a hooded figure which I think is Rufus...
    That's Vincent actually...

who was rufus again?

and whats all this talk of chrono trigger what game is this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Back on topic for a little bit..i just got the greatest mini game ever in an FF game. The back massaging mini game in FFX :D IMO, ALL games from now on should contain such lesboidal erotica!!

Originally posted by Dataisgod
    who was rufus again?
    The blonde leader of the Shin-ra corp you fought while in the main shin-ra building. I would spoil what happened to him but I won't :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

The blonde leader of the Shin-ra corp you fought while in the main shin-ra building. I would spoil what happened to him but I won't :)

Actually he was a ginger nuts :)
    (i think!)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

he's very dead.

Well I mean he could have survived ... uhhh that thing that happened him, and would explain why he's in a wheelchair looking wizzened
    guy could also be sephiroth, but that would be lame tbh
    ooooh maybe, it's that mad doctor who made all the clones in the first place...

• Advertisement

Well I mean he could have <spoiler>survived that Weapon attackand would explain why he's in a wheelchair looking wizzened</spoiler>,
    ooooh maybe, it's that mad doctor who made all the clones in the first place...

i really can't see how rufus could have survived.

SPOILERS

Weapon destroyed the Shinra tower when he was in it. pretty dead, i'd say.

On a lighter note...I just got 100% complete on FFX-2, and the perfect ending is really cool. 70 ****ing hours played since last Friday...eugh...and tbh..it's my least favourite FF game ever :/

is it worth getting 100% complete. is the perfect ending much better that the others?

Whats worse ffviii or ffx-2 ?

FFVIII is way better then FFX-2, in my opinion. cool, if a bit weird story, and much better characters. also, one of the best intro's, ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

idiots!, yeah idiots and newbies

• Registered Users Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Advent Children trailer: Go Here
    Yes, i agree, very......very lame.

Could perhaps be Hojo?
    Oh well, we'll find out come the summer release.

Originally posted by Cina
    On a lighter note...I just got 100% complete on FFX-2, and the perfect ending is really cool. 70 ****ing hours played since last Friday...eugh...and tbh..it's my least favourite FF game ever :/

I'll tell you when I get the other 2 :)

One of them is not getting 100% or doing a special thingy int he farplane, antoher is not getting 100% but getting a special thingy in the farplane.

The games ending is pretty damn good actually.

VIII is better than X-2 btw.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭nickcave

Wheelchair dude could be a schism clone created when Cloud fell into the lifestream...

Just a thought... ;-)

Advertisement