Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ffx-2

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

6 Hours play time so far and I'm not impressed :mad:

Guess I'll just go Replay FFX :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

I'm enjoying it at the moment. Really gotten to like the new more fluid battles it definately doesn't feel as monotonous as the other FF's, I hope they keep using this battle system for the future FF's. As far as a story is concerned its utter pants.. it's hard to find a single likeable character in the game really. Paine is probably the only character that hasn't made me want to tear my ears off. I do seriously beleive the only reason "Brother" was kept in the game was an evil attempt to raise the number of game-influenced suicides. It's a really relaxed and enjoyable game experience otherwise, it's fun to try out the various missions and if you get pissed off with one you can fly to another. Oh, I bloody HATE sphere break aswell, I play games to take a break from ****ing maths and this crap comes into the game.

Has anyone calibrated all of the lightning rods in the Thunder Plains? Good ****, theres one of them that has driven me completely insane. It only involves pressing two buttons at the same time as they appear on the screen but it's alot harder than it sounds. When they bring the shoulder buttons into it I get a little confused. Maybe I'm just a retard. Anyone know what you get for doing them all?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,387 ✭✭✭Cina

you get the mission complete and one step closer to 100% for five, the rest are just sidequests really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭CodeMonkey

The last tower is WAY harder than the 2 buttons one. And you don't need to do calibrate all 10 towers perfectly for mission complete. Do 5 perfect and attempt the other 5 and you get a grid or something and the mission complete later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭TheSonOfBattles

On chapter 3 of it meself at the moment, and I have to say I like it overall tbh.

There is some crappy jpop music in there that can quickly get annoying, but when you visit locations like Guadsalam, Mt. Gagazet or Zanarkand you hear some great music, also, I love the music that plays at the load game screen when you turn it on.

And the battle system is the best I've ever seen in a FF game to date. Its especially cool to watch an enemy leap forward to attack, only to be blown away at the last second by a bullet that kills them :D

The campiness, and charlies angel bits, and the whole Y, R, P thing is annoying, but if you laugh at it, and pray it goes away fast, it's not that bad.

Only done 9 of the 10 towers so far, and the last few were a real cu*t. Paine's are the worst for me so far, though I got her third one in only 5 goes unlike the 30 gos nessecary for me to get her second one.

Also, what is Chrono Trigger/Cross and Radical Dreamers. Heard of them before, quite lovingly in fact in game sites, but never played. Would it be possible to still pick them up as I gather they were difficult to get.

• Advertisement

Chrono Trigger is an rpg on the snes and is widely considered to be one of the best rpg on the system. It has a great story. The graphics at the time was fantastic. The combat system was fun and there's no random encounters as you can see the enemy sprite on screen and you have to touch them to start a fight. It also comes with something like 14 possible endings. You should be able to find the roms and mess around with it on an emulator.

Radical Dreamer is the first sequel I guess. I only heard about it here.

Chrono Cross then would be the 2nd sequel and it was made for the playstation. It's a pretty good game, squaresoft fans will love it and yes, europe was ignored and this game didn't get released here.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭BKtje

I've done 9 towers and cant seem to find the 10th. (7 was only one i had trouble on thus far). Am i just blind that i cant find the 10th?

Also i wet back to the guy who was trying to fix em and he gave me nothing. Where do i get the mission complete? :)

also
    Am i right in thinking that the 2nd cactus mission guy is at the moonflow? Or am i searching there in vain. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭[CrimsonGhost]

You could break the 9999 hp/damage barrier for characters with their celestial weapons fully powered up. Also when weapons were powered up with just the appropriate crest certain Aeons damage barrier gets broken. New damage barrier being 99,999. Certainly needed to be done for fighting the dark aoens.

Also note, certain or your own aeons can break 9999 damage without doing anything, Bahumut, Amina and the Sisters.
    Originally posted by nesthead
    tell me that there is no Sphere Grid, Aeons or that the 9999 hp/damage barrier can be broken and i WILL buy this game.

I loved FFX story but the game mechanics were just so flawed.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

certain aeons could, if uber powered, break the 99,999 damage limit. i had my Anima doing about 200,000 damage, and about 130,000 for the last explosion bit. insane.

also, tidus's blitz ace did nearly half a million damage.

Originally posted by B-K-DzR

also
    Am i right in thinking that the 2nd cactus mission guy is at the moonflow? Or am i searching there in vain. Thanks
    [/B]

Nope, besaid

• Advertisement

I've done 9 towers and cant seem to find the 10th. (7 was only one i had trouble on thus far). Am i just blind that i cant find the 10th?

Also i wet back to the guy who was trying to fix em and he gave me nothing. Where do i get the mission complete? :)
    The 10th tower is to the left hand side of the northern part of the lightning plains. You can't actually see it as it's off screen so just hug the left side of the map, walk up/down and keep on hit x and you'll find it. You need to attempt the 10th one first before the guy in the travel agency gives you mission complete and make sure you've done 5 successfully to get the garment grid and episode complete later in chapter 5.

Nope, besaid
    Yer i found him this afternoon while looking for those things in the ground (ya know with search sphere).

The 10th tower is to the left hand side of the northern part of the lightning plains
    Ah cool nice one. I plan to have em all succesful before i go to him :)

Another question
    I've now found (all?) 4 new cyphers using the search sphere. I dont know where to go now tho. I went to the machina thingy and nothign happened. I went inside and searched and found nothing. Where am i supposed to go plz?

Another question
    I've now found (all?) 4 new cyphers using the search sphere. I dont know where to go now tho. I went to the machina thingy and nothign happened. I went inside and searched and found nothing. Where am i supposed to go plz?
    The 2nd locked door is to the right of the entrance of that cave area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 01habbo

k so ive read alot of bad things about this game but I think that it is a brilliant game the concert isnt confusing if u do the mission in luca in chapter 1 the songs are great but i do have an unpopular taste of music the graphics are good the active time battle system is great i have to make quick desisions brother and Rikku are a pair who i think are quite funny at times but other times i think that brother freaks me out with him being obssesive about yuna dancing ive seen the normal and good endin yes this time round it is more sexual but still it is a change if it was simular to ffx then it would becomer boring and also i want people 2 STOP COMPLAINING ABOUT GRAPHICS THEY ARE THE SAME 2 FFX AND THERE IS SOME IMPROVEMENT. If u h8 ffx-2 then u might aswell h8 ffx cause its the same storyline.:D ww) :):p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,202 ✭✭✭Swifty

If u h8 ffx-2 then u might aswell h8 ffx cause its the same storyline

Have you even played FFX? The "story" in this game, if you can call it that just seems (so far) to me anyway as a lame run-on spin off of the original. Then again I'm only on Chapter 3, maybe it improves. Your right about Brother though, about him being obsessed with Yuna, It's fairly weird. I thought I noticed him grunting loudly at the sound of Yuna's voice over the radio he speaks to them on a couple of times. Christ.. Square are really revealing their dirty old men side to them with this :)

as the sotry line goes (at least thus far to start of chapter5) its fairly poor but the game itself i find fairly enjoyable. (30hrs or so since friday)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Ive clocked bout 75 hrs, 97% and its my second time round.

I like the game alot, especially the continuing story from FFX. The dresssphere system is great, i tink its the best since materia. Simple yet effective. Ive recently come across some $hit hard bosses and i need to kill them for that tiny 3%! Arrggghh! Im not gettin any sleep!

Neway, great game, but no FFVII.

Here's lookin forward to FFXII......

Screeshot anyone? Oh look here :p

http://media.ps2.ign.com/media/488/488222/imgs_1.html

Oh, if anyone's completed it, could you give us a few tips on Via Infinito?

Originally posted by funky penguin

Oh, if anyone's completed it, could you give us a few tips on Via Infinito?

VI is a **** of a dungeon, theres 100 levels, and all these cloister thingies there, watch out for mobs like a master drake, they will destroy you!

The uber bosses you need to beat aren't THAT hard, level 99 and mascot drespphere and it's deffo doable. Gotta beat master tonberry, black elemental, some other dude, and trema. trema is the guy with a million hp, and the last one you fight, he is a hard bastard unfortunately, like I said..mascot dressphere, and he should be doable :) Took me 7 attempts to kill him though :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Im nearly on level 99, but how does one aquire this mascot dress sphere?

Ish it good, yesh?

Advertisement