Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Help me choose the right car!???

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Got my new Stilo

looks like this....

Sounds stupid i know, but are you supposed to take your mats out of the old car and stick em in the new one or what?!

I got

A. No owners manual, ive to get it next week or whenever.

B. No mats, and i left my punto ones in the punto... maybe i shouldve taken them with me.

anyways, its nice, quiet, drives real smooth, almost everything i expected, found a cluster of wires under the drivers seat that werent properly stowed away, but i checked passenger side and the same set is on that side stowed away properly, so i corrected the drivers side to match.

Found ash in the ashtray, not impressed, means it didnt get a proper valet, and THIS from a dealer or should i say *cough* "stealer" *cough*.

I really really dislike smoking in cars, and my seats will get a proper valet as soon as possible, because when the new car smell wears off, i dont want the smoke fragrance coming back to haunt me!

• Registered Users Posts: 65,376 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Originally posted by Morphéus
    Sounds stupid i know, but are you supposed to take your mats out of the old car and stick em in the new one or what?!

Should have been the final part of the negotiating process after you've already done the deal more or less: mats, new tyres, service, valet, full tank, free AA cover, free first service, etc..

Good luck with your new car m8, just hope your behaviour on motorways will change for the better ;)

just hope your behaviour on motorways will change for the better

:confused: whats that supposed to mean!! :)

nope, i remember now, but TBH i just dont like people breaking the speed limit, i wont carry on like this, but dont expect me to speed up over the limit if im overtaking just because you come up behind me in the middle of my manoeuvre and are going a bit faster than me, ill complete the job at 70 and then move over, and then proceed to take your number plate and report it to the traffic cops. :dunno:

• Advertisement

i wont carry on like this

ok
    dont expect me to speed up over the limit if im overtaking..... ill complete the job at 70 and then move over

Perfect :)

If someone is still tailgating / flashing you, he IS a wanker...
    ... or a doctor in an emergency, an unmarked patrol car or what not

At least you've done your bit m8 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Tommy Vercetti

Originally posted by unkel
    ok

Perfect :)

If someone is still tailgating / flashing you, he IS a wanker...
    ... or a doctor in an emergency, an unmarked patrol car or what not

At least you've done your bit m8 :)

Doctors have no special right to exceed the speed limit emergency or no emergency :)

Unmarked patrol cars have sirens for that job, you get out of the way, not speed up. When unmarked cars drive up your arse, it's because they are being lazy and want you to speed so they can pull you over.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

For your budget you should be able to get a 3DR new model corolla

• Registered Users Posts: 4,682 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

nope, i remember now, but TBH i just dont like people breaking the speed limit, i wont carry on like this, but dont expect me to speed up over the limit if im overtaking just because you come up behind me in the middle of my manoeuvre and are going a bit faster than me, ill complete the job at 70 and then move over, and then proceed to take your number plate and report it to the traffic cops. :dunno:

Immature. Shouldn't be on the road. Too many people like thinking what you do is right and above the law. You create dangerous situations rather than avoiding them I'm sorry to say.

You wanna report someone for overtaking at a speed higher than you, cos effectively that's what you're saying...

Another ****ing child in a €49 a week Fiat, that's all we need. May you grow up (i.e. beyond 24) to be an accountant...lol.

Originally posted by MojoMaker
    Immature. Shouldn't be on the road. Too many people like thinking what you do is right and above the law. You create dangerous situations rather than avoiding them I'm sorry to say.

How?

by overtaking at 70 which is the speed limit??? I said that I retract my statement about holdng up a speeder, ive never done this before, i wont ever do it, ive said that really, all i know that i would do is to report them for speeding, ive already done it 4 times in the last year, as have lots of people in my area.

Remember this next time you speed through the swords balbriggan area.

If im already overtaking someone doing 60-65 and you fly up behind me and i dont accelerate faster than 70 (while still overtaking) and then complete my overtaking, and then pull in and while im doing 70 in the left hand line, you proceed to break the speed limit instead of pulling in behind me and travelling at 70, and you overtake me at 80 miles per hour?

You wanna report someone for overtaking at a speed higher than you, cos effectively that's what you're saying...

Damn right i do, what gives you the right to speed by me at more than my 70mph and break the limit? f*ck you for thinking your ABOVE the law by speeding, ill take pleasure in reporting you and reducing our roads by one speeder less.

Another ****ing child in a €49 a week Fiat, that's all we need. May you grow up (i.e. beyond 24) to be an accountant...lol.

Im thrilled your a big shot who can afford a decent car. I work in I.T. Im saving to go to Australia in the next 2 years so it suits me to finance the car until i decide to sell it and head over, i like Fiats.

Im more mature than you think mate. I already have 3 years no claims and a full licence. May you grow up to obey the law.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

Why not go for a 1.2 Skoda fabia you will get all the e/w,e/m, r/c/l etc great little car and you could get a 03 for about 12k ?? I drive one and I have modded it to the hilt and is a great car and basically a vw

Heres a car exactly like the one ive bought :D

martinreillyStiRed761.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Wrestlemania

that is quite nice actually

• Registered Users Posts: 8,387 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Do you have the Active or Active Sound model? Active Sound has alloys and a better stereo AFAIK.

I think the 15" alloys on the 1.2 litre cars look a bit puny though. The 1.6 litre cars have 16" alloys which look better in my opinion.

BrianD3

Only Active, the stereo is pretty cool though, 6 speakers bass, treble and a cd player, enough to keep me happy.

I havent got the alloys, so that was a fib, but ill prob pick up a set of 16s in the next while.

need a new steering lock, my old one from the punto
    wont fit properly, the steering wheel is the wrong shape!! A must have because lots of cars are beng stolen around my area lately, (albeit that they prob wont take a stilo) and in general break in and take the keys from the houses at night because muppets are leaving them in the hall near the front door, or on a window sill where the oportunistic thieves can see them.

Advertisement