Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wrestlemania XX (spoliers)

• 25-02-2004 2:13pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭

This is the WMXX card so far:

Tripple treath for the Heavyweight Championship of the World
    (c)HHH V Chris Benoit V Shwan Micheals

WWE Title match
    (c)Eddie Gurrerio V Kurt Angle

US title Match
    (c)Big Show V John Cena

Cross prmotional grudge match
    Brock Lesner V Bill Goldberg
    w/ Stone Cold Steve Austin as the special guest refree

Cruiserweight Open
    (c)Chavo Gurrerio Jr V Nunzio V Jamie Noble V Billy Kidman V Rey Mysterio V Tajiri

Cross promotional evening gown match
    Torrie Wilson + Sable V Miss Jackie Gayta + Stacy Kiebler

Cross promotional grudge match
    Undertaker V Kane

The following are rumoured/suspected matches

Mick Foley V Randy Ortan

(c)Victoria V Lita V Trish

more to come... :)

Hanza

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,461 ✭✭✭NeroTheExtreme

Also rumoured (hear that one lads? RUMOURED!), is Jericho V Christian.

This will more than likely go ahead as they've been putting it off for ages and to have Jericho miss a wrestlemania since he joined would make no sense at all.

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

Forgot about that one.

That would make 9 matches with the rumours. The tag titles from either show are not set up yet. Come on WWE, unite the titles or get worthy champs. The tag devision is making me sick atm.

No Flair or Batista yet?

Rocks bound to make a rerturn.

There are 2 smackdown and 2 raw shows left. I just hope they get WM right. Fingers crossed, heres hoping.

Hanza

I'm probably alone on this one, but in my opinion, they made a hash out of last years Wrestlemania. It was really bad. The only two good matches were Shawn V Jericho and Lesnar/Angle, and Lesnar botched the ending of that one!

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,718 ✭✭✭whosurpaddy

jeez i hadent realised there were so many cross promotional matches until i saw that. if you can edit ur original post hanza, a poll of which ,match people are most looking forward to would be interesting.

re last years wrestlemania: i dunno, on paper it should have been great but i just couldnt get really into it, dunno why

I remember leaving my mates place at 6am thinking "was that it?", I also had a job interview at 9am the following day, which i missed because I overslept! It was botched up so badly! Nathan Jones being pulled out one hour earlier (which at the time, really cheesed me off), a boring HHH - Booker match when we knew who wasn't going over.

Terrible, to say the least.
    Nero

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Looks good on paper imo.
    I hope there is one or two more suprises b4 it comes around!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,912 ✭✭✭Washout

It is gonna be a 4 hour show rite?

so instead of 10 surely there might be 12 to 14 matches @ an average of 18 mins a match if you take out all the singing anthems and such

matches like the womens and tag could be like 10-12 minutes giving more time to other matches.

I remember reading a little while back that it could be a five hour show, one hour giving a history of Wrestlemania's 1-19, can they really cover that in one hour though?

Nero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,640 ✭✭✭Gillie

Tight enough!
    I would really like that tho.
    The one thing I remember about the Garden is that the distance from the Curtain to the Ring is extremely short! Remember RR where Rock bt Big Slow?
    The boys were in the ring in three steps!

Good thing Warrior isn't gonna be there or he'd get an awful milling!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Bungalow Bill

From 411:

Despite WWE's new policy to not give anything away about future angles, the company's own WWE Magazine & RAW Magazine continue to do so. The current edition of RAW Magazine has an article on the Rock n Sock Connection, mentioning that the team will reunite one more time at WrestleMania XX. The team's return has yet to be announced on WWE TV.

I am eating my words Nero, with pancakes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭Hanza

I heard about the 5 hour show rumour too. But if you have the WM2000 dvd, it has a history of Wrestlemaina on it. Its excellent, but its over 2 hours long and just gives a recap of the best moments. Id love if they just did one of their excellent history propaganda style videos like the desire ones, but have it for a continous hour, mixing song and short interviews with all the wrestlemaina moments.

MSG is relitavley small for Wrestlemania, IMO they could have easily filled the silver dome, but this is more about heratige.

WM19 was relativley good, it looked like Wrestle mania, but lacke dconsistancy. Mabey cos of Limp Bizkit, but it just goes to show you that no matter how good or bad a card may look, you never know how good itll be till you hear JR say goodnight. Vengence 2001 had such a build up, and everyone was looking forward to it soooooo much. On paper it was the best card ever, but the show was horrible. Then take KOTR 98. The mankind taker hell in th cell was rumoured to be the worst match ever, i dont even need to comment on what it was like, youve all seen the dont try this at home shorts :)

IMO, i dont think the card is the worst. It could be so much worse. Im gonna give WWE the benifit of the doubt, i think this could be good. Seriously it is wrestlemania 20.

I will edit that post... good idea bout the poll, plus I'll edit it everytime a match is declared or anounced or even up dated, but i wont post it till its certin...

Hanza

Whats that about reading biased internet writers Bill? ;)
    (sorry, couldn't resist!)

I think the Silverdome might be too big, they couldn't fill it the first time (they claimed it was 93,178 but the actual figures stated around the 68,000 mark.

Whereas MSG is just too small, i don't give a sh|t if it's the 20th anniversary, 20,000 was gonna sell out in minutes over there!

Wrestlemania 16's coverage of mania's 1-15 took well over two hours, how they plan to strip it down to one hour and add five more is beyond me, unless it's gonna be... wait for it... a SIX hour show?!

Actually that's do-able if they get shot of Heat! ;)

KOTR wasn't the worst card to be honest, it's just the HITC had overshadowed the main event that night (Austin V Kane), and how anyone can call it the worst match is either blind or isn't a wrestling fan.

And Vengeance 2001 was slated because the advertising stated the return of HHH from injury but it was gone out before HHH had a chance to confirm his status. Needless to say many were pissed off that night.

Nero

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 SwollenTesticle

I have heard that Goldberg and Brock will be fighting at WrestleMania XX. But i'm not sure Vince will allow it.

Another match is since The Undertaker is back on the night of WM he should be kicking Kane's ass all over Madison Square Garden. It should be a good show once everything falls into place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭Fearo

Eh Mr SwollenTesticle, u dont keep up to date on the news do ya? Of course goldberg v brock will go ahead.

Originally posted by SwollenTesticle
    I have heard that Goldberg and Brock will be fighting at WrestleMania XX. But i'm not sure Vince will allow it.

Why wouldn't he?... Just out of curiosity.
    It's been built up for months. It's one of the definite matches signed for the card.

Nero

Eh........why wouldn't Vince allow it? He's been building this for ages...........you do know that wrestling is.......fake, don't you???
    I never said I don't read internet writers I just don't get heavily influenced by them:cool:

Same here, although I will freely admit i'm a big fan of Scott Keith's work, the amount of pisstaking he does, especially with hair. HHH, Val Venis and Test get ripped six ways from sunday. He's an acquired taste, most people who don't like him are generally HHH disciples.

In saying that, he doesn't influence me, he and i just share the same viewpoints :)
    Nero

Come on Nero we already did this! I don't really like HHH I just think SK is an complete arsehole*. Anyway I wanna see what what Mr. Swollentesticle's response to the Vince comment is.........

Nah seriously, like i said, he's an acquired taste! I probably got used to him from reading his stuff from RSPW days.

Tell me ya like R.D Reynolds though, from Wrestlecrap fame, it's hard NOT to like him!
    Nero

Advertisement