Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Bros 400

• 25-02-2004 2:24pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭

does anybody know of a place i can get an aftermarket exhaust can and if there is a jet kit available

also do you have any suggestions to help "do up" my bike?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭MojoMaker

You're kidding me, you want to re-jet a Bros 400?

Try in the region of €300+ for a decent replacement can and another €450 for air filter, jet kit, and the dyno runs to sort it all out...

For that kind of cash you should be looking at trading up to a sports bike with the above work done already. If you're young I understand big bikes might be out of reach but have you looked at CBR400s, VFR/RVF400's even the old reliable 400 Superfour? All a lot better than a Bros. Don't waste the money.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Fabritzo

If you're in Dublin, the biketyrecompany on north strand fit sell and fit blueflames(I think) for the bros, the young guy down there has a blueflame for his and has had broses for years and has a couple at the moment, he should be able to set u straight.

http://www.thebiketyreco.com/im/map.jpg

If your coming down amiens street(out of the city), pass the 5 lamps, you start to head up hill, take the right hand turn at the pedestrian lights at the top of the hill, continue down that road until you see the bridge, take the left just before the bridge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭madrab

well the current plan is to get an africa twin engine and bolt it into the bros fame thats why i want to get the new can the jets i was just wondering about

i asked at biketyre company and he said that he had to get a special link pipe made up to fit the downpipes into the art can that was the most expensive part of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

the current plan is to get an africa twin engine

???

Why not get Bros 650 in the first place or maybe some other bike

wheres the fun in buying a 650 when i can make a 750???

anybody else think this is a good idea?

• Advertisement

i just got 2 slash cut silencers for the bros
    these are gonna be loud!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Verdammt

Originally posted by madrab
    i just got 2 slash cut silencers for the bros
    these are gonna be loud!

I'm going to put these on my GS550, where did you get them ??.

wheres the fun in buying a 650 when i can make a 750???

1994 AfricaTwin 750 has only 60 bhp, which is bit more then standard bros 650 but nothing when compared to Bros 650 RC31E 647cc with bore 79mm and stroke 66mm which gives you 56-60hp

you will also have to change sprockets and use Africa's CDI unit, too

lots of effort for BROS.

good luck anyway

i got them from horsepower.ie E65 each pretty easy to put on

thanks for the tip gmodified

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭Haket

If you wanna set it up properly then you'll need a dyno and SWK how to use it. The Bike tire company in dublin or Specials in Galway should be able to help you out.

Advertisement