Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inserting smileys/formatting/img/links in the MIDDLE of posts..

Options
  • 25-02-2004 3:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm sure this has already been said but I wasn't quite sure what words to search for!
    When writing posts.. Is it possible to put smileys / text-formatting items / etc in the middle of posts wherever the text cursor currently is? Instead of at the end that is.. Comprendo?
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

I think a Javascript can find the carret the cursor is currently at...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭ozt9vdujny3srf

Yeah you can if you type in the tags yourself

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/misc.php?action=bbcode#buttons is quite helpful.

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Dr Pepper

Thanks man, that's a pretty good (and concise) tutorial! That's what I usually do for most tags anyway.. It'd still be nice to have the buttons option to add formatting wherever you are currently typing though!!

May not be possible to get caret position and insert text / tags using whatever language Boards uses??

Advertisement