Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AcerNotebooks.co.uk - Anyone ever buy a laptop from this site?

• 25-02-2004 4:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

Thinking of buying a laptop off of these guys as there good bit cheaper than here in Ireland. Delivery is only 50sterling to Eire.

So just looking for reccommendations/advice/experiences some of ye ppl might have regarding them.

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I was very tempted until I read the FAQ...
    Payment
    We accept all major credit and debit cards including Visa, MasterCard, Switch, Delta and American Express. We only accept payment by Credit Card if the card is registered in the UK and we are delivering to the same UK address.
    Thus setting up a bank transfer is probably the way to go about things, but I lack the motivation to do so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

I bought off them and used my credit card. That was about 4 months ago, but they had trouble getting the card cleared by their bank. Suppose thats why they won't accept a non-UK card now.

Other than that they were grand.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Maxthedog02

I might go with them. The laptop i want (1501LMI is E1900 with Elara and E1750 from these guys including delivery).

Hey Reckless,,,,,,, Where do they deliver to exactly, to your house or to a place in Dublin where you have to collect yourself. Or what courier do the yuse?
    Thanks!!

Can't remember the courier, but it was to my house (live in Nth. County Dublin)

I saved about €200 all told, so I was happy.

Laptop is tasty as well. Good luck.

Just checked their FAQ, and I'm nearly sure it was Business Post who delivered. They do tracking as well, if thats a consideration.

• Advertisement
Advertisement