Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which Joystick for Desert Combat planes???

Options
  • 25-02-2004 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭

Well lads,,

I use the keyboard and mouse for flying planes etc.....but its very frigging annoying when i try to aim...as I have to fly in 3rd person mode...

I have a microsoft sidewinder...and a thrustmaster game pad which i find both hard to use....

So here it is can someone suggest a good alternative apart from taking flying lessons

And roughly how long on average to ned to practice to become a good pilot????As some of the guys playing on cavan combat could land a frigging plane in your ear if you werent looking!!!!

:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭MR DAZ

DOH!!! Trust bizmark to already have this topic covered!!!!!!!!

:)

Well can anyone suggest a good site or method for flying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Senor_Fudge

ive used the microsoft side winder as well but lately ive upgraded to a logitech cordless Freedom 2.4 and find it absolutely superb.
    The response on the thing is just second to none and ive been getting pin point accuracy with it in the planes

you can pick one up in currys methinks for 80 yo yos

To get really good at the planes you'll need to stop flying in 3rd person and start using the nose cam and fly in first person view, ya really get a feel for the plane and can aim and dodge better

It takes time to perfect your flying skills, keep at it , which are ya having more difficulty with the planes or the choppers?

for flying the choppers leave the mouse inverted and think about how a chopper works in real life (think air wolf etc)
    give it throttle and go up in the air straight up then dip the nose and slowly pull the mouse down and you'll advance in the direction you're facing

just move really slowly at first not making any dramatic movements for the time being and make sure to keep the chopper level or at least not more off than 45 degrees or ya'll rap it
    i think the apache is the easiest to start off with as the hind can be a bit of a power horse

For the planes id start off flying the A 10 tank destroyer or the Su- 25 as they both have nice little miniguns for popping infantry on the ground and both pack a punch with bombs especially the A 10 .
    They're a bit slower too than the other jets so you should get the hang of flying them then ya can advance to harder things later on

Start off playing in 3rd person view to get an idea of how the plane handles then take the move and start using the nose cam to fly
    You can get a good idea of how the bombs fly from the plane in 3rd person view so ya can use this knowledge in the future to judge bombing runs from 1st person view

hope this helps
    fire away with any questions

Thanks for the help lads!!!!

Hopefully I'll have the hang of it for friday night!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

DOH!!! Trust bizmark to already have this topic covered!!!!!!!!

:D im evil i tell's ya evil

give em some pepper for me too

Mr Garvey

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Try calibrating your joystick first.

I finally have got the hang of it.......am using a sidewinder its actually easy enough once ya practice for an hour or so....

Anyway...I got Winters last night with the wing of plane .........SWEET!!!

:D

So what are the numbers like for tonight????

Advertisement